Communion photo shoot

Discussion in 'Photography Pad' started by PLM, Apr 20, 2016.

1. PLM

PLM I know there's something in the wake of your smile

This afternoon we are having a photo shoot with Mathieu for his first communion. :heartslub
    It will be in the outdoors, a nature parc not so far away.
    He will wear his clothes and shoes...:happyclap

I just went there this morning to check out the area and to look up some good spots.
    I won't be shooting the photos myself, it's been way toooo long. And... I know he will do much more his best when it's not me but a stranger. With me, he's always like "no, mom, are you there again with your camera????" :giggle

:idea2
    Anyways, anyone has good tips/tricks on:
    * keeping the clothes and shoes clean???? **Help***
    * the posing
    * attributes
    * how to keep him warm when it's rather windy (but sunny) today here?????

I've been pinning allready (in secret boards, so my family won't see). I f you have any good boards/pins, you may direct me to them!!!

Thank you sweet peeps!!! :wubb

2. navaja77

navaja77 Well-Known Member

If someone is taking the photos who is already experienced with taking portraits, then I would leave the posing/setup to them. If your little guy is very young, then it's best to have them do their thing with the photographer talking to them. It's best to find someone who is good at taking children's photos. You'll be happier with the photos if the child can be themselves rather than being told to pose there, hold it and smile. You get natural smiles and laughter.

Take a sweater or light jacket to keep him warm until the shoot starts.

As for keeping clothes and shoes clean, well, maybe have him change until you get to location and then change out of the clothes immediately. Otherwise, if he typically gets his clothes dirty, then you might be out of luck. :)

PLM and bestcee like this.
  3. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

How did it go? Did he stay warm enough? Did he keep his clothes clean?

I love @navaja77 tips above!

PLM likes this.
  4. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

We wanna see!!!!

PLM likes this.
  5. PLM

PLM I know there's something in the wake of your smile

I wanna see too @Pachimac ... But I have to be patient till wednesday next week :huh.

Things went well, I learned some things:
    • I had too much stuff with me the photographer didn't want to use: I had sunglasses, a hat, binocular, ...
    • When I told her about the other spots I had discovered, she didn't really liste
    • As @navaja77 proposed, I took a jackt to keep him warm but he never had the time to put it on
    • She had a cushion to sit him on and I had a blanket. The cushion was great, have to remember that
    • Also, @navaja77 , you are right a friendly photographer is a must. She was not bad, but not too great neither.
    • And finally, I definitely want to see the photos, because I feel like I had way more ideas about the posing, the angles, the setting, etc... Perhaps I should mention she is not a professional photographer but someone who is doing it as a side-job. She is the sister from someone I know...
    Anyways, it gave me finally the longing back to take my own pictures...
    Still, I am sure with me, Mathieu would not have hold up the posing as long as he did with her, as I am "mummy" and she is someone unknown.

@bestcee : I had to wash his white short, it was not dirty, but had some little spots on it. I prefered to have it washed so I was sure it would get away...

Overall, I hope she will prove me wrong with her photos, I'm really curious...

I'll surely shoot you up with some when I have them!

Thank you for your kindness sweeties!!! :ballonhang

bestcee likes this.