Communication ! Pad Patter 28 June

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bellbird, Jun 28, 2019.

1. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Due to my hearing issues I prefer texting or emailing. FB messenger for those that I am friends with there as well. I do talk to a few people on the phone but unless it is someone I actually know I usually have issues understanding them. Heck, I even had trouble understanding my dad at times and I had been around him all my life!

So because of that if I need to deal with a local business, I will just go to see them to talk to them face to face.

bellbird likes this.
  2. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

Hmmmm. Well, I used to despise texting because it was just too hard on my flip phone. That triple tap or whatever it was called was sick. I hated tapping 2 and 3 times just to get a letter. I understand why "I will see you at eight" would turn into "C U @ 8"!

Now I prefer text unless things are just too complicated. There are so many soliciter and spam calls, that unless you are in my contacts list, or I recognize the number, I don't even pick up the call. If there's no message left, I figure it's not a friend. Those that know me know to leave a message when they call.

My husband calls me every day at lunch and when he's on his way home from work, and I love those phone calls, and the catching up with friends and family calls, but the rest - text seems to happen more. I say what needs to be said, and they respond when they can. We got rid of a land line in 2010, so we don't have a regular phone in the house.

I am guilty of texting from downstairs to Melissa, or down when I'm in my room and too lazy to walk down the stairs.

bellbird likes this.
  3. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

you are old school Justine! :giggle

Cherylndesigns and bellbird like this.
  4. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

i love this! absolutely genius and sounds fun! (although i know if i intro this idea to my kids, they will purposely run a few aisles away as soon as we get to the shops to make me find them and then i'll be running around shouting 'Marco!' when they put their device on 'silent', so great as it is, i'm not going to give them that idea!)
    seems, i think, you're in the minority here but i am the same with mostly 'ok' responses - it's too easy for me to stuff up words typing on the tiny phone keyboard, and then once auto correct gets to it sometimes even i can't figure out what i meant by the last sentence i typed (so aside: if you ever get a weird gallery comment from me, i typed it on my phone and didn't check it for errors before hitting 'reply') but i've gotten better at it! (she says as she types on her relatively super sized laptop keyboard!)

5. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

lol i never thought about it like that! i'm sure you're right! i rememeber getting annoyed when i'd accidently tap 4 times and have to keep tapping again to get it to come round to the right letter! i think that's why i hated texting to start with, i used to use my phone for actual calls a lot more back then - with my brick sized and weight flip phone!
    far out, this is one of my pet peeves, i used to enter competitions once in a while until i started reading the terms and conditions (y'know that long 'nobody reads documents in size 2 font with a million decimal points and legal jargon' bit you have to check/tick to have a valid entry form) because i figured tht was where most of my unsolicited calls were coming from - but they won't pass on your number to a third party :blahblah , yeah right

6. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

This is me. I don't really like talking on the phone, but I'm not a super fast texter and would much prefer to type it out on my computer.

So I actually prefer e-mail 1st, texting 2nd and actual calling 3rd.

bellbird likes this.
  7. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I’m a phone call, email or FB message kind of girl.

The two people I communicate most with in my family either don’t have a cellphone or don’t use it much so 9/10 it’s off or flat. For them I either ring them, speak to them at home or occasionally FB message them.

For my best friend our communication method is almost 100% FB messenger.

Then for work/job hunting stuff it’s phone and/or email depending on the other persons preferred communication method.

bellbird likes this.