Coming back after a long hiatus!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Pad' started by lynnirene, Nov 17, 2016.

1. lynnirene

lynnirene Heather's Team

Hi everyone! I used to be a very involved scrapper, on several CTs and making hundreds of layouts per year...and then I started doing more traditional mixed media, painting, etc, and got out of the digital scene for a few years.

But, I just had my first child in September and I am thinking digi will be much easier to do now that I have a little one. Many shops have closed since I last bought anything, but I am glad to see The Lilypad is still here!
    I'm hoping to do a December Daily of some sort now that I have an adorable little guy to take photos of :) I am having a hard time deciding which kit(s) to use for it. I need to find some good baby boy kits, too! Suggestions welcome!

And here is Jameson (sorry so big, still finding my way around forums again and such):
    DSC_0970.jpg

2. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

busywoman139 and KittyY like this.
  3. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

So great to see you here, Lynn! I've missed you around digi-land :) Jameson is absolutely adorable!!

4. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

YOU Have indeed had a bit of a break! lol, but yeah on coming back and I too am glad the Lily Pad is still here (and going stronger)
    you are coming in at a great time...the holidays busting the seams in the store, and in January, to get your MOJO moving we have a huge Month of Challenges, yep 31 challenges in about 35 days! (we do have some grace) but all who finish receive a big coupon (last few years $20) to the store!! and there are prizes along the way and so much more happening!
    A big welcome back and Jameson is pure adorable, those cheeks! I personally like the photo big, so I can see him better! (I'm a grandma to be, so in training) lol

Joan K likes this.
  5. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

What a cutie-pie! Welcome back!
    This is one of my favorite little boy kits, not a baby kit though!
    [​IMG]

I do love this one for babies!
    [​IMG]

I can't wait to see your pages!

6. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Aww - great reason for coming back to digi! He's so cute! Welcome back!
    I know what you mean about decisions re: December kits - there's soooo many fantastic ones in every style imaginable!
    The mixed media style is going strong here too (I can't begin to understand how some of the art journal pieces in the Art Journal Pad are made!) but this is a cute baby/boy one in that style
    [​IMG]

7. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

So good to have you back digi scrapping again! And Jameson is sooooo adorable! LOVE the photo of him and I love his name.

I've picked some products out to maybe get you started! Can't wait to see all these baby boy pages start showing up in the gallery!

Here's an oldie but a goodie from Sahlin Studio that you might like for your newborn photos:

I'll Love You Forever Collection | Sahlin Studio
    [​IMG]

And for bit older:

Peanut | ForeverJoy Designs
    [​IMG]

Peanut Journal Cards | ForeverJoy Designs
    [​IMG]

I think this one is adorable for those crawling and pushing trucks stage:

Metro | One Little Bird
    [​IMG]

A great alpha:

Watercolor Alpha #1 | Paula Kesselring
    [​IMG]

Love the colors of this one, very versatile:

Real Life in Pockets - Rad Lad | Just Jaimee + Mommyish
    [​IMG]

Bella Gypsy has TONS of boy kits, so make sure you have a look-see through their store, but I do like this one:

Mister Man | Bella Gypsy
    [​IMG]

Kristin Aagard has a great style for kid pages, especially active boys ~ so check out her shop as well. I just picked this one because my son was (and still is) a lover of all trains!

Chugga Chugga | Kristin Aagard
    [​IMG]

8. lynnirene

lynnirene Heather's Team

So good to see so some familiar faces! And thanks for the recommendations. I'm getting all excited to scrap now....but now I just have to find some time to actually do it :) I know I will have some time to chat though because I spend a lot of time on my phone while the baby's eating!

Out of curiosity, I went to my gallery here and found this layout:
    [​IMG]
    At first I had no idea what choice I was referring to, but after thinking about it, I'm now fairly certain I had just made the decision that I did want kids... (or a child)..before that, if you asked me, I would always just say "maybe".

And here I am 4 years later with a lovely little one!

9. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Welcome back! Love that you found an old page. It's funny how our lives can change in such a short time.

10. dawninskip

dawninskip Well-Known Member

Welcome back - your little boy is adorable and a perfect excuse to digi scrap <3

11. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

Welcome back to scrapping Lynn! It wonderful to have you here!! <3

12. bcnatty

bcnatty Disney - it's all for the kids!

Yay!!! Welcome back!! Your little guy is such a cutie!! I have a little guy who is just about to turn 6 months...so much to document right now!!! I think that everyone above me has just about covered everything...there are so many awesome choices here!! I can't wait to see your layouts in the gallery!!

13. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Welcome back to digi-world! Your son is so adorable! I too start digi when I had my 2nd son and it was SO much easier to keep up with that (at least for me) Hopefully it will be for you too.

14. dagi

dagi Aiming high

welcome back Lynn and congrats on Jameson! he's a cutie :)

15. wombat146

wombat146 Check out my kilt! And my turret!

yay and welcome back to digi scrapping Lynn!! looking forward to seeing all your pages with adorable little munchkin of yours!! :)

16. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Welcome back and your little boy is just adorable! Here's a kit you might like to use. I just love the colors in this one.
    [​IMG]

lynnirene likes this.
  17. sucali

sucali sucali

Welcome back Lynn! Jameson is soooo sweet!

18. lynnirene

lynnirene Heather's Team

Oooh I like the colors of this one too! I love the look of the sweet pastel kits but I am usually a very bold color scrapper so this is right up my alley :) Thanks for pointing me to it!

19. navaja77

navaja77 Well-Known Member

Hi Lynn! Welcome back! It's nice to see a familiar face. Your little one is adorable!

20. Celeste

Celeste I'm moving to Hogwarts!

welcome back! he's adorable. loads of great kits in this thread!