Comedian Robin William was found dead

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by purlz76, Aug 11, 2014.

1. purlz76

purlz76 Ags

2. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

I was just coming to post the same thing. SO sad. He brought happiness and laughs to so many. It's incredibly tragic to hear that his last days were such unhappy ones.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2014
  3. Celeste

Celeste I'm moving to Hogwarts!

Just so sad. He was so entertaining and really was amazing.

4. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

yes, especially to those last words.....
    I have been trying to sort my life out (got to renew car lease, arrange pre admission appointments , life happening...) and had not looked at the news... just 10 minutes ago Sarita called from Canada, (is 2 am here) to tell me about this... and we are so sad....
    Sarita's dad was a stunt man & actor, and had worked with him many times (there was a time in which most USA films were made here in England) always spoke very highly of him....
    He will be dearly missed ...so many great memories of so many amazing movies.....

5. purlz76

purlz76 Ags

6. karen perry

karen perry LOCK THE DOOR!

This is such tragic news and I'm still in shock

I hope he finds peace now

7. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I was just reading about him. It's so sad that many comedians struggle with depression. I loved his movies. :(

8. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

I'm heart broken. He was an American treasure.

9. Mrivas

Mrivas I know how to spit like a man

So very sad, my favorite movie of him was Jumanji! Watched it many times when I was younger!

10. neenee

neenee No Woman No Cry

So very sad when I heard this as was hubby when he told me. I feel so bad for him for the pain he must have been in and saw this as a way to end the pain. I can relate to this pain and am sympathetic. I am just sad that he didn't get past the pain and come out on the other side. He will be greatly missed. He was an amazing actor.

11. buzinettescrap

buzinettescrap I'm just a geek with dizzy feet!

im' feeeling so sad about that..... love this actor and this film.... sad day today...

12. Ink and Pixels

Ink and Pixels Active Member

I so wish he was able to come out the other side. He brought joy to so many and to realize now that he was in so much pain. Heartbreaking. He is one of the greats and will be sorely missed. I started watching him in Mork & Mindy.. nanu, nanu.

13. karen perry

karen perry LOCK THE DOOR!

Ooh I forgot about jumanji,my kids was asking who he was and I named mrs doubt fire,not realising they would know him more from jumanji

Last edited: Aug 12, 2014
  14. staciahall

staciahall Quidditch, anyone?

It makes me so very sad. My daughter and I were texting back and forth last night about our many favorite movies of his. She is too young to remember his older tv shows. The man was really a true comedic genius!

15. elseepe

elseepe I'll follow the sun

Such shocking, tragic news. Yes, I remember those Mork and Mindy days

16. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I was so sad to hear this. He's always been one of my fave comedians. No one does improv like him. I had the joy of seeing him many yrs ago in a small comedy club downtown on improv night. He was in town filming Jumanji and popped over unannounced after filming was finished for the day. He stayed for about 3 hrs, joining in on the improv. It was a memory I'll never forget. It was a fantastic night. There were only about 30 of us and it was fun to be razzed by him.

17. PLM

PLM I know there's something in the wake of your smile

I agree ladies, I always admired him, because he was funny and yet his messages were so meaningful.
    Unfortunately, his own life was clearly not as bright as his career. It's so sad things went to worser than worse for him. I will always keep him in honour, he was a great man.

18. ninigoesdigi

ninigoesdigi Designer

Exactly my thoughts... Will miss him very much. :(

19. Katherine B

Katherine B 2, 4, 6, 8, who do we appreciate?!

So tragic! I remember him from waaaay back ... Mork and Mindy. LOVED that show!

20. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

Whenever someone famous (or even not famous) commits suicide, there are those few people who come out and say that person was selfish. I've noticed the same with Robin Williams. The difference now is that Robin Williams was universally loved, and truly just a great human being. He was not just funny, but real, open, and generous. Anyone who even thinks about speaking ill of him is getting it with both barrels from everyone who loved Robin. I think this is great, and finally we can set some facts about depression and suicide straight once and for all. I'm unspeakably heart broken to know that Robin Williams found himself in such a dark place. I can only hope people will finally realize how powerful depression is, and that suicide is not always a 'choice'.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2014