Color Changes in Save for Web?

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by BevG, Jan 19, 2021.

1. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Curious -- In this layout, my forks look green, but in Photoshop they are black. I used the Save for Web Action by @gonewiththewind and then the Export Legacy Web option.

Any idea why this would happen? I saved it as JPG as if I was printing and it looks black.

I used a Merge Layers on the forks and a blend mode of Darker Color on them. It did not change my text or the YUM, so must be something about how I did the forks.

Gallery:
    [​IMG]

Screenshot inside PS CC:

Gallery: upload_2021-1-19_13-51-31.png

2. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

@BevG I'm not sure why this is happening? Your screenshot is a PNG and your layout is a JPG, so that might be one difference. I'm also wondering, though, if it could be that your blend mode wasn't rasterized so something is happening when using the action. If you could upload the PSD so I could check it, I'll troubleshoot. You can use the shared DropBox. :)

keepscrappin likes this.
  3. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

@BevG @gonewiththewind - I wonder if it has to do with the color settings in color management. You can set it to optimize colors for screens or for printing or let me choose in PSE. Not sure what the options are in PSCC.

4. gonewiththewind

@keepscrappin There are a variety of options in PSCC for color management, so I'll check that as well when I get the PSD file from her. Thanks!

keepscrappin likes this.
  5. BevG

@gonewiththewind I did save it as a jpg without doing the Action (just a regular ole jpg) and it came out as black. I uploaded both the tiff and the jpg w/o the action. Thanks for looking at it.

6. gonewiththewind

@BevG The change is occurring with the Save For Web action's High Pass step. I changed the paper color and it's only happening on the yellow background paper and black stamp combo. The High Pass step fills the entire image with gray and then looks for edges in the image and highlights them, making the light side of the edge lighter and the dark side darker and that's why you are getting the greenish cast.

My suggestion is that instead of using the action on this particular layout, that you simply choose the EXPORT > SAVE FOR WEB, change the IMAGE SIZE to 600x600 and then click the hamburger (4 small horizontal lines) at the top right to OPTIMIZE FILE SIZE to under 250 KB. You should find that you won't have the issue any longer. :)

bestcee likes this.
  7. BevG

@gonethewind - Thanks for checking it out Cheryl. Good to know. I think I noticed a color change on some of my other layouts, so this is helpful.

gonewiththewind likes this.