Clued Upp?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bellbird, Jan 10, 2021.

1. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

I know there has been a lot of staying home going on but has anyone ever been to any of the Clued Upp live mystery, scavengar hunt kind of events?
    https://www.cluedupp.com/
    It's promoted as a game of Cluedo/Clue come to life and they've run different themed games for the last few years quite regularly in various cities around the world. I'm interested in any feedback please!
    (the reviews I've seen all seem to think it's family friendly enough (not sure which specific games they attended, there seem to be Wizarding themed ones as well as more Cluedo solve a crime ones but the one near us (and coming to various Aussie cities this year - and still in various other international cities in a covid safe way apparently) is Jack the Ripper themed - and i made the mistake of telling DD about it and then in that lightning fast way teens have of telling each other things, she had messaged a bunch of friends and now i've bought a team ticket for her group of 15 and 16 yr olds and have messaged a bunch of parents preemptively although it's not till later this year).

Donitab likes this.
  2. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I've never heard of this before, but it sounds pretty cool! I bet my boys would like it! That's fun that your DD is all excited about it.

ETA: the closest event is about an hour away. I think even my hubby would think this was fun. Hmmmm.....

bellbird likes this.
  3. Donitab

Donitab If only the TV would yell back

Looking it up - it sounds like fun. Our family did an escape room at Christmas and it was tons of fun

bellbird likes this.
  4. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Never heard of it either, but it sounds interesting.

bellbird likes this.
  5. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

we have a few escape room games (from xmas & boxing day sales) but haven't played them yet - i bought an add-on/expansion without realising it for xmas, then i had to buy the original game after (shoulda done some research lol). Was thinking of doing the Escape room thing for DD's birthday last year at a place in town that has started doing it recently (but then, y'know, covid) so maybe this year. i guesss we'll see how this Clued Upp thing goes first

6. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

So DD & some of her friends did this last weekend - i followed them around for a while and then just left them to it and they enjoyed it - and from a people watching standpoint, there were a lot of obivously participating teams that were dressed up in various 'scooby doo' or matching Hawaiian shirts kind of outfits. It was kind of pokemon go in terms of following maps to question marks and stuff but it wasn't really Jack the Ripper themed as more a general 'whodunnit' so if it comes back, we'd do it again and if it's coming to a city/town near you, we'd recommend it as a walking around with friends/family activity

Karen likes this.