***CLOSED*** {Winner Announced} GTKY Recipes | Halloween Bash 2021

Discussion in 'Halloween Bash 2021' started by Karen, Oct 21, 2021.

1. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Hello everyone and happy Halloween Bash weekend! I'm here with an easy and fun Get to Know You game. All you have to do is post a favorite fall recipe here. Being a visual person, I'd love to also see a picture of the food after it's made (online photos are fine!). This doesn't have to be Halloween related, just something you enjoy making in the fall when the temperatures get cooler (if they get cooler where you live). I'm thinking soups and warm comfort foods or of course anything to do with apple or pumpkin!

Just post your recipe here in this thread. BONUS entry if you post a scrapped recipe card or a layout featuring your favorite fall food. Here is a layout I made after seeing a recipe for homemade apple sauce here in the forum a few years ago:

[​IMG]

and here's another layout with a recipe for a favorite comfort food that I start making when it gets cooler outside in the fall:

[​IMG]

This game closes at 11:59 pm EDT on Sunday October 24th and a $3 random winner will be chosen. If you post your recipe here, you get one entry. If you ALSO post a layout featuring a favorite food/recipe, you'll get a 2nd entry in the random drawing!

G.J., marijke and umyesh like this.
  2. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

3. wvufan04

wvufan04 Well-Known Member

These are a definite favorite and comfort food around my house. We love these things and so do friends (who we have passed the recipe on to in every place we live I think)
    [​IMG]

Karen and G.J. like this.
  4. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

5. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

6. Sharon-Dewi

Sharon-Dewi Well-Known Member

I love baking cakes and one of my favorite cakes to bake are walnut cakes!
    Here is a layout I made with the recipe:

[​IMG]

Karen, weaselwatchr and G.J. like this.
  7. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I think I've done a layout on this, but of course, I can't find it. My homemade potato soup is something that everybody wants when the weather cools off. I don't really have a recipe, I just peel as many potatoes as I think I need, cut them into wedges, boil until tender. Add Half N Half, butter, salt, onions. If it gets too thin, I thicken it up with instant mashed potatoes. It is yummy! I use real butter and Half N Half but you can make it low cal if you want.

I always made a lot, because the more you reheat it, the better it gets.

potato-soup.jpg

8. jagruti patel

jagruti patel Me love cookies! Yum! Yum!

Definately chocolate chip cookies! Love this recipe!

[​IMG]

9. tanteva

tanteva Even the professionals are bewildered

I won't scrap this, cuz I've already done that at another site, but I'm always happy to share this fantastic recipe. I love all year round, but it's really best in the fall, with it's spices & richness. I'm a vegetarian (I eat egg & dairy) and this recipe is vegan. It's from a Swedish blog, and it's my own translation.

This is basically a sort of luxury dinner, just because it has saffron in it. Also, beluga lentils are a bit more expensive than other lentils, but they are sooo much better.

Conversions are a bit hard - 1 cup = 2 1/2 dl - but I leave both measurements and you can just wing it a little bit. Proportions aren't that important - do as you like LOL

Standard size for a can of tomatoes in Sweden are about 400 g (14 ounce)

Creamy tomato and saffron pasta with beluga lentils
    4 servings

1/2 dl (1/4 cup) beluga lentils + 1 1/2 dl (5/8 cup) water + 1/2 tsp herbal salt

400-500 g (14-18 ounce) pasta of choice (or basically - how much pasta you would cook for 4 servings)

1 Tbsp olive oil
    2 cloves of garlic
    1 small onion
    1 tsp chili flakes (or to taste)
    2 Tbsp pureed tomatoes
    1 dl (3/8 cup) white wine (I use non-alcoholic cooking wine)
    1 can of whole cherry tomatoes (I've used plain crushed as well)
    1 packet of saffron (envelopes in Sweden contain 0,5 g (0.02 ounce), basically a pinch)
    2 dl (4/5 of a cup) plant-based cream (I prefear oat based)
    2 Tbsp chopped dill (frozen or fresh - dried, I guess you'd take about 2 tsp)
    juice and zest from 1/2 lemon
    Salt & Pepper to taste

Start by boiling/simmering the lentils in the water with herbal salt for about 15-20 minutes. Meanwhile prepare the sauce.

Chop the onion and garlic and let it sizzle in a large pan in the oil for a couple of minutes, careful to not burn the onion. Add tomato puree and stir. Add wine and simmer to reduce a bit.

Cut the lemon into wedges, and finely cut the zest. (I never use the zest - don't like it)

Cook the pasta in lots of salty water.

Add the canned tomatoes to the pan, add the saffron. Let simmer. Add the cream when it's a few minutes left of the pasta's cooking time. Taste to see if you want/need salt and pepper.

Save about 1 dl (3/8 cup) of the cooking water of the pasta when draining it. Remove the sauce pan from the heat. Add the lentils, sill, lemon zest and finally the pasta. If needed, add the pasta water.

Serve with lemon wedge (to squeeze over) and coarsely ground black pepper.

[Recipe translated from the Swedish blog Vegokäk: https://vegokak.se/recept/kramig-vegansk-tomat-saffranspasta-med-belugalinser/]

10. G.J.

G.J. If I Could Turn Back Time

I LOVE this challenge, and I THANK to everyone for sharing their recipes. Here's my take, full credits in gallery. Nice Sunday everyone!
    P.s. I just noticed there is a typo error in cupss, I will correct before print.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 24, 2021
    Karen and weaselwatchr like this.
  11. G.J.

Those cakes look delicious Sharon! I love baking too, and I thank you shared this recipe, I'll give it a try

Sharon-Dewi and Karen like this.
  12. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

I couldn't get Bart to share his Horse Fly Recipe here. He said it was a secret family recipe and it's toadily something he can't share.
    [​IMG]

13. G.J.

kisses for Bart

Karen likes this.
  14. Karen

Thanks for all the great recipe ideas everyone! I'll be back soon to announce the winner! :agree

G.J. likes this.
  15. Karen

Join me in congratulating our winner...... @Cherylndesigns !!! :clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

Thanks again to everyone who played along and Cheryl, check your conversations! I will send your prize in just a minute! :agree

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  16. Cherylndesigns

Thanks so much, Karen!! What a fun challenge!

17. G.J.

@Cherylndesigns dear so glad for you my dear, congrats !!! :beat
    Karen thank you so much for hosting this challenge, and to everyone for sharing their recipes, I promise that I'll give them a try. Wishing you all a very beautiful day :bk

Karen and Cherylndesigns like this.
  18. Cherylndesigns

Thanks so much Grace!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G.J. likes this.
  19. meganmecrazy

meganmecrazy Caution: Randomly Breaks Out into Show tunes

20. DigiGrace

DigiGrace Make mine a purple passion

Congrats to Cheryl!