***CLOSED*** winner announced - GTKY - 1st Layout @ TLP | DSD 2019

Discussion in 'DSD 2019 Party Pad' started by Karen, Oct 2, 2019.

1. gduncan

gduncan Well-Known Member

I created my first layout here in March 2017. I had used a kit by Dawn Inskip. I loved her designs, and I miss her.

[​IMG]

michelepixels and Karen like this.
  2. slfam

slfam Chocolate or vanilla? I can't decide!

This was my first layout posted here using a free template and kit from Sahlin Studio called Pure Happiness.
    [​IMG]

Karen likes this.
  3. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

my first LO here is from Jan/2010, but I remember that I was visiting the forum for a while before posting my pages...I felt a bit intimidated at that time, there were some rockstars scrappers here ( now I feel comfortable, it seems that everyone is a friend, even if we don't know each other in real life)

[​IMG]

HeatherB, Karen and Lisa B like this.
  4. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

I joined The Lilypad in December 2015 after Scrap Orchard closed. My first layout is from January 1, 2016 - participating in my first MOC. (This is the only scrapping place I hang out these days - love it here!)
    [​IMG]

Karen likes this.
  5. Coreen

Coreen Active Member

this was easy because mine was just the other day, lol!
    [​IMG]

KarenC, HeatherB and Karen like this.
  6. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

My first post for 2018 MOC. I’m pretty new to TLP found out about it from Tangie Baxter - have been following her since 2012 . This is also when I started digital scrapbooking.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
    Karen likes this.
  7. RJMJ

RJMJ Picked like a bright red apple right off the tree!

WOW...These First Layout Look Great!...I Am Celebrating 3 Years At The Lilypad!!!...TODAY!!!!!!!!!...Yes!...Three Years Today...My First Layout Looks Pretty Bad & Awful To Me...I Stalked The Lilypad For Probably Almost A Year & A Half Before I Was Brave Enough To Even Consider Posting Here...I Remember How Scared & Intimidated I Was...Eventhough I Had Paper Scrapped For Awhile Prior To Digi...I Literally Stumbled Into It By Accident...I Was Making Some Christmas Cards & I Needed Some Photos/Elements(But I Didn't Know They Were Called Elements Back Then...)...To Put Into Them...I Think I Was Looking For Some Hearts & Images Of Santa Claus...I Found Some Images Searching The Internet...And It Was Called DigiScrapping Back Then...I Was Shocked,Amazed & Stunned With What I Saw..I Was WOWed!...Immediately I Wanted To Know More...I Wanted To Know How To Make Those Incredible Creations...I Was Like...How Did I Not Know About This???...That Was Almost 10 Years Ago Now..It Was Right After My Mom Passed Away...I Didn't Start Trying To Digital-Scrap Until After My Mom Passed...Some Of My First Layouts Were All About Her...I Still Have Them Printed Out In A Scrapbook...I Look At Them & Smile But...They Are Not Anything Like How I Scrap Now...I Am Somewhat Scared To Post My First Lilypad Layout Here...I Think It's Pretty Awful...Good Thing I Have Learned A Lot [Thanks To The Lilypad]...Since Then...Try Not To Judge My Layout Too Harshly...I Honestly Didn't Really Know What I Was Doing & I Had Basically No Product To Work With...And A Program I Had To Learn How To Navigate...I Was Trying To Be Interesting & Different...Man!...What Was I Thinking???@!!!...

*It Was My First Try At A Lilypad Challenge...The First One Was A Journaling Challenge...The Second Was A Technique Challenge...I Was Super Scared & Shy...Basically I Created 2 Layouts For Two Challenges...The Same Layout & I Changed A Couple Of Things About The Second One To Form A Different Perspective Than The First...I Think...If I Remember Correctly...Not Sure Now...But Something Like That...I Was Really Trying To Be Different & Interesting!...Yikes!!!...Here Is The First One:So Not Happy To Post This Here...But We All Had To Start Somewhere...

*Something Kinda Interesting To Note... @cfile Was The Second One To Comment On My Very First Layout & Then She Was The First One To Comment On My Second Layout Also!...WOW!...How Cool Was That???...I Appreciated The Love Way Back Then...It Meant A Lot To Me...And Still Does... @cfile Still Comes Over To Comment On Layouts In My Gallery Even To This Day...Talk About Coming Full Circle!...I Love The Lilypad!!!:bk

[​IMG]

Karen likes this.
  8. jang

jang Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

In 2012 I stumbled on to TLP because there was a speed scrap. I love speed scraps so I participated with no TLP stash. It was so hard making a layout. I had fun afterwards buying a stash. Love TLP. It was so amazing at that first speed scrap that I found you and I are from the same home town in Michigan and went to the same high school. I still can't get over that. I absolutely hated this layout but it was my first at TLP.[​IMG] This was at Meijer Gardens in Grand Rapids, MI.

[​IMG]

Karen likes this.
  9. gwtwred

gwtwred Leaving, on a jet plane ...

Mine looks so underwhelming now that I look back on it, but I remember it took me forever to do! Here it is:

[​IMG]

Karen likes this.
  10. cinderella

cinderella Give me a word, any word ...

Almost three years ago
    [​IMG]

Karen likes this.
  11. corsicar

corsicar Dinner tonight? Something chocolate I'm sure!

Fun walk down memory lane! I joined TLP in November 2015 when I decided I wanted to scrap some wedding photos after not scrapping for a few years. I knew and loved Sahlin Studios from a prior digi-home, so found her blog and a link to her store which led me to TLP and the fun challenges and the great people and the talented designers and...well, the rest is history :)
    [​IMG]

Karen likes this.
  12. Amson

Amson Yoo-hoo!

My first layout from 2011. My darling boy who went to the bridge last year. Bittersweet.

[​IMG]

Karen and mcurtt like this.
  13. julianz

julianz Well-Known Member

My first layout was Day 1 of MOC 2017, using Dawn Inskip's product. It was a combination of noticing Dawn's work and the challenge of MOC that convinced me to join.
    [​IMG]

Karen likes this.
  14. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

this was my first Lilypad Layout
    [​IMG]

mcurtt and Karen like this.
  15. Lisa B

Lisa B What am I supposed to do with all this chalk?

I transitioned to digiscrapping in 2008 and while working on a vacation album in 2010 I had a series of unfortunate events that had me rebuilding that album multiple times, and then late 2011 my house was burgled and my computer and backup were stolen before I finished the album, I packed it in at that point. I picked it up again to make a calendar for my MIL in late 2017, shortly afterward I found TLP while searching for Disney content during iNSD. I purchased and stalked for almost a year before posting my first page this past MOC (1/4) which was the only challenge I completed, Jan. was a busy month and it was too ambitious for me to think I could squeeze MOC in, next year tho...
    [​IMG]

Karen likes this.
  16. Eyeore

Eyeore Think it over, think it under

[​IMG]
    MOC Jan 1st, 2014

Karen likes this.
  17. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

What a fun thread! I'm having so much fun reading the backstory and seeing everyone's entries. Here is mine, from April 2015. I was a big fan of the Aussie designers, Sissy Sparrows, and followed them everywhere. They showed up here as guest designers and sent out an invite to their fans. And so I showed up at TLP and never left. Anyway, this was an entry for their Cock & Bull challenge. (It was a formal portrait of the man, I added the bride... ) Every month they would post an old, copyright-free image and it was your challenge to create a story about the photo, giving it new life, so to speak.

@bellbird And I'm right behind you with 98 pages in my gallery. :fruit

[​IMG]

michelepixels and Karen like this.
  18. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

L
    love your backstory too but 'Bella' just gave me a good chuckle! Hilarious pics & page, glad u stayed too Marilyn!

Lisa B, Karen and mcurtt like this.
  19. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

A
    and I have no doubt you'll over take me soon!

Karen and mcurtt like this.
  20. Bagheertje

Bagheertje Well-Known Member

I followed Nicole from NBK when she came to the Lilipad.

[​IMG]

Karen likes this.