**CLOSED & Winner Announced** Foundation Page Challenge | DYD 2021

Discussion in 'Document Your December 2021' started by tkradtke, Nov 11, 2021.

1. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

Congratulations @Cherylndesigns! You're the winner of this challenge!

Ready to get started even though it's not December yet? Let's make some foundation pages!

Now is a good time to start thinking about what size, shape and format you would like to do your DYD in this year. Once you have those things decided, you can start working on foundation pages.

There two ways to do this that come to mind for me... 1. make daily pages, ready to be filled or 2. skip around and focus on making pages for events you know will happen without adding a date yet.

For option 1, @marijke has great examples in her gallery for her 2020 book. She took a template set and added her papers and embellishments, all ready for photos and journaling of whatever happened on that day...

[​IMG]

There are lots of great template choices in this year's DYD collection to use as your base...

fdd_DecemberDetails4_pvw.jpg SwL_DTRTemplates.jpg Soco_DM2021_pv700.jpg Soco_DM20216x8_pv700.jpg

For option 2, @plumdumpling made great foundation pages last year for her family's known events...

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I especially love that she included notes as to what photos she wanted for each page.

So, now that you've seen some inspiration, let's get started making pages! There will be a random drawing for a prize ($3 gift card), so please make each page it's own post so you get more chances to win!

Challenge closes on Monday, November 15th at 11:59pm EST.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2021
    G.J., Vrielinkie, lulyg14 and 4 others like this.
  2. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

I've got my tree page ready for this year (and the next two years!):
    [​IMG]

tkradtke likes this.
  3. lulyg14

lulyg14 Testosterone Overload

Definitely making some! Love this idea and. So helpful to get done

tkradtke likes this.
  4. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I'm doing mine in 4x6 format again for the 4th year in a row. There aren't any "plain" 4x6 templates in the store :(

I made my own templates and will clip papers, picture and elements into them. I used Photoshop Elements as markers. (These are rough mockups.) The picture will no doubt have to be manipulated.
    day-1-and-2.jpg

tkradtke likes this.
  5. Erin2

Erin2 Well-Known Member

6. umyesh

These are boring I know but this is how I make December documenting doable. One letter/word, one photo, done! I will also add journaling over the photos.
    [​IMG]

tkradtke likes this.
  7. G.J.

G.J. If I Could Turn Back Time

Great idea, I thank for all the tutorials and tips. I had a super busy weekend and not time to cover this challenge, but without doubts I will do something like this for my Christmas pages. Planning for first time in my life to create a Christmas album, thanks to your advices Tracie. Wishing you a wonderful day my dear!

tkradtke likes this.
  8. tkradtke

The challenge is now closed, but we would love to keep seeing your foundation pages, so feel free to keep adding them to the thread here!

G.J. likes this.
  9. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

We don't do enough for a page a day. I'd be stretching to just get 10 pages. LOL

10. mary kate

mary kate Well-Known Member

My first-ever DYD foundation page ever! Er, I'm totally new to this; but the idea here is that on the 1st of December, I will snap a photo of my Christmas mug collection (having brought the mugs up from the basement, and having given them a thorough washing, and etc.). Thank you, @tkradtke, for the challenge and for the inspiration!

[​IMG]

tkradtke likes this.
  11. tkradtke

Congratulations @Cherylndesigns! Check your PMs for your prize information!

umyesh likes this.
  12. tkradtke

Not boring at all! I would love to do a project like this one year and really concentrate on my photography. Be sure and post again when your templates are full!

Yay! Christmas albums are so much fun! I can't wait to see what you create!

Oh we totally don't do enough either... but there are so many ways to fill the extra days. I've added pages about my Starbucks cup, favorite Christmas Carols, the story behind some of my ornaments, etc. So many options! Some years, like last year, I don't even attempt a daily project and only scrap what things we do. With scrapping my DYD books as 8x8 pages, it's easy to fill two page spreads so I make the minimum page count to print.

YAY!! Congrats on your first DYD foundation page! That's a great idea to scrap your mug collection and that's a beautiful page to highlight your collection!

umyesh and G.J. like this.
  13. Cherylndesigns

Thanks so much!!! Just got your message, Tracie. Thanks again for getting us in "The Christmas Spirit"! :tree

14. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

Congrats Cheryl!!!!!

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  15. G.J.

G.J. If I Could Turn Back Time

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  16. Cherylndesigns

Thanks so much, Susie!! I love getting GC's!!

17. Cherylndesigns

Ohhhhhh, thanks SO much, Grace!! :)

18. umyesh

Congratulations Cheryl!