CLOSED We are Storytellers - Day 33

Discussion in 'We Are Storytellers' started by lmccandless, Aug 22, 2014.

1. flownoy

flownoy New Member

My favorite thing about We Are Storytellers kit is it was made by my favorite designers! Thank you so much for your being so generous! I enjoyed collecting it so much <3

2. bcnatty

bcnatty Disney - it's all for the kids!

That amazing kit!!! And the tutorials were awesome!!

3. crystalclear

crystalclear New Member

The freebies and the community!

4. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

The huge freebie kit, the tutorials, the awesome challenges that got me making story filled layouts, the inspiring image filled galleries, the lovely comments on my layouts, the discounted bits at week end if we missed anything, the sale. EVERYTHING !

5. LeanneB

LeanneB New Member

Loved the colours in WAS, loved the tuts and loved the generosity of the designers and others that gave up their time to provide such marvellous creative space for us to visit and share. Thank you xxx

6. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

I loved the challenges!

7. IsabellaLR

IsabellaLR Ostrich Cowgirl

I love the color scheme, the variety of elements and papers and that it's the perfect kit for scrapping just about anything!

8. Lis

Lis Member

The freebies were great but I also loved the tutorials. Thank you all very much!

9. krizo

krizo Well-Known Member

I loved the style of the kit, very versatile, modern, with a lot of wordarts, stamps and tags useful for PL projects. Thank you for the gift and for the inspiration through the challenges & tutorials.

10. Samanta0505

Samanta0505 New Member

Thanks for all that freebies! :heartlub
    I love all the tutorials about this action! So great tipps and ideas - thanks a lot!

11. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

the goodies! AND seeing all the beautiful layouts created from them in the gallery! Can't wait to have time to play with them myself!

12. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

The SALES! I was able to shop each day and not feel guilty. :D The kit was wonderful; the tutorials were great. LOVE the activities here at the Lilypad!

13. tlcd1961

tlcd1961 Well-Known Member

We are Storytellers

I would have to say my favorite part was the kit! I LOVE it! Thanks so much to all of the talented and generous designers on this site!
    Tammy

14. lm44west

lm44west All You Need is Ice Cream

The freebies are always awesome, but the tutorials are the most valuable. Thank you for such an awesome giveaway.

15. iamb

iamb New Member

Every morning was like Christmas, getting to open a new present. I love the colors and style of this kit and the designers were SO generous..I missed several days, *sniff, sigh*, but so happy and inspired with the whole experience.

16. kyky

kyky Here, kitty kitty

I *loved* to have something new every day! it was..like christmas ^____^ thanks!!

17. violetsnana

violetsnana New Member

I loved seeing the work of the designers not familiar to me! I might have some new favorites!

18. Skfields

Skfields New Member

loved the kits

each kit was so beautiful and special. thank you so much designers!

19. jayleigh3

jayleigh3 New Member

My father died when i was 22; my mother died when my first four g-kids were very small, and #5 was born the week after my mom died. My mother remarried when my daughter was a baby - she married a man so much like my father, that although he didn't raise me, he was easy to love and a wonderful grandfather to my children. My family - on both sides - were storytellers, but my g-kids would never be a part of that tradition, so i decided that scrapbooks were a way to tell the family stories. i spent several years as a journalist for two small town newspapers; my personal columns usually were parabolic in that they told a family story that had a "moral" to it. In small town newspapers, that's acceptable for personal columns and my readers often called to tell me that a particular "column" resonated personally. So, at first i paper-scrapped, but when digi came along - WOW! i took to it as if i had been born in a pixel! heh heh heh ... The newspaper used Adobe Pagemaker for the written work, and i learned Photoshop because that's the program used to "fix" the photos for print. i still love Pagemaker and have my old copy. So, i scrap 8.5x11 and set up my "stories" in 3-column newspaper style. Then i print them on a background i have created with elements and/or photos, and then the facing page is a traditional scrapbook photo page. So... the point is, this kit is so eclectic that i will be able to make several "family history pages" from the elements and papers, and i wish i had the whole thing, but i missed the first several days. Still... this kit fits perfectly with my project of telling the family history (which, on my mother's side, goes back to 1775 when that g-g-g-father came to America from England, and in 1776 promptly joined the Colonists in the War of Independence). Thanks to each of the designers for making my job easier by giving this kit away day by day!

Last edited: Aug 23, 2014
  20. mimisgirl

mimisgirl It's all about ME!

I have really likes all the inspiration. I have 'started' so many pages, hopefully I can work towards finishing some! I have loved seeing everyone's pages and takes on the different tutorials and prompts! It has been all around GOODNESS!