*closed* Slow Scrap | Friday April 17 @ 9pm EDT/6pm PDT

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by bellbird, Apr 17, 2020.

1. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Welcome to today's Slow Scrap
    Just so you know, there's no special technique today though.
    This was originally a speed scrap but with so many people at home around the world and the length of the Slow Scrap deadline, we made it a slow scrap so more people could play along.
    So you have 24 hours from the end of the instructions to get your page complete and into the gallery to get the participation prize coupon.

*The steps for today's Slow Scrap were inspired by a virtual tour of Musee d'Orsay in Paris*
    this is the link
    https://artsandculture.google.com/partner/musee-dorsay-paris

Capture-museedorsay.JPG
    Scroll down to the circle 'explore' image and click on the yellow person graphic. Feel free to explore this place from the comfort of your home!

This is the entrance and some of the gallery items you can 'jump' to across the bottom or just walk like it's a tour following the grey arrows with your mouse.
    Capture-museeentrance.JPG

If you can't explore it here is one of the gallery areas
    Capture-museegallery.JPG
    Steps coming up in a minute!

1 - Be inspired by those blue walls!
    Use a coloured background (not the safe white or black or neutral we often fall back on, this gallery showed me that art ( or photos )can still shine against a colourful backdrop!)

2 - Be inspired by the ornate framing!
    Use at least one frame (not a stroke border), it doesn't have to be around a photo, you could frame a journal card or title for example , or you could frame the whole page!

3 - Be inspired by the wooden floor!

Use something that is made of wood or has a woodgrain pattern

4 - Be inspired by the different painting techniques!

Use at least 2 types of paint (watercolours, drips, brushstrokes, splatter, mist, stamp)

5 - Be inspired by the still life pieces!
    use at least one flower or fruit element
    Capture-stilllife.JPG

6 - Be inspired by the subtle information and title on the blue blocks!
    Add a title but keep it small and subtle (you could use a word strip, a tiny alpha or small wordart sticker)

7 - Finish off your art and add it to the TLP Speed Scraps gallery & add it to this thread so i can see it!
    Add shadows, any small details or fasteners, journalling is optional.
    If you do the tour and are inspired by any particular piece as well, link me up to that or point it out to me as well please!

That's it - so you have until April 18 at 10pm EDT / April 18 at 7pm PDT / April 19 noon Sydney time to post your page and I'll send out coupon prizes to everyone aftr the deadline - thanks for the chat and look forward to seeing your pages!

-----------
    Please post your completed layout in The Lilypad gallery. GALLERY RULES: Layouts must contain at least 50% TLP products. (Templates count as 15%.) Uploads must be less than 250k. List all credits; no off-site linking allowed.

Challenge now closed and prizes sent via conversation, check your inbox

Last edited: Apr 18, 2020
    Ferdy likes this.
  2. AnnaB

AnnaB Well-Known Member

Dalis, Lisa B and bellbird like this.
  3. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

here's mine and how i used the steps to make an album cover

1- I have a mint green background.
    2- Leather stitched frame on photo, framed monogram charm, page framed with wooden paper
    3- wooden paper, wooden geotag
    4- 4 colours of brushstrokes; watercolour style mint paper
    5- small flower sticker at bottom of page
    6- yellow wordstrip

[​IMG]

Dalis and Lisa B like this.
  4. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

5. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

I ended up going with subtle paint instead of making a mess.
    [​IMG]

Dalis, Lisa B, Joan K and 1 other person like this.
  6. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

What a unique and wonderful challenge, Justine! So much inspiration and I loved taking the tour right from my computer. Thanks for putting this together! I'll have to give this some thought. I just love it!

bellbird likes this.
  7. flowersgal

flowersgal I have big ears and wide arms

Sorry I missed the chat but I made a page:
    [​IMG]

Dalis, Lisa B, bellbird and 1 other person like this.
  8. Joan K

Joan K Maybe I'll just grow down

This really was a great challenge! I was inspired by a picture of cliffs which reminded me of the Cliffs of Moher from our 2016 trip to Ireland. Our friend Cliff was on the trip and tried to claim them as his own! (He is in the small picture)
    Here is the link to the inspiration:
    https://artsandculture.google.com/streetview/musée-d’orsay-paris/KQEnDge3UJkVmw?sv_lng=2.3273876&sv_lat=48.8599315&sv_h=11.0339267101307&sv_p=-20.837234301068065&sv_pid=WKLhITegdep20SguXWbl6g&sv_z=0.5304254813762327
    and here is my layout - the frame is also the wood piece. The green heart is paint along with the blue background paint.

9. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

I am still slowly ( very slowly) sorting through my mother's photos and the other day came across the one I have used and was inspired to use because of this artwork I saw as I strolled through the Musee d'Orsay, Paris :
    [​IMG] Berthe Morisot with a Bouquet of Voilets
    My page:
    [​IMG]

BevG, Ferdy, Dalis and 4 others like this.
  10. Electra

Electra Shutterbug

Thank you for the tour and the fun scrap!
    [​IMG]

Dalis, flowersgal and Lisa B like this.
  11. barbaraj

barbaraj Well-Known Member

12. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

First Of All...I Just Want To Thank! @bellbird For Hosting Friday Night's Slow Scrap & Chat!...It Was Nice To Connect With You All! & Discover That There Are Fellow Canadians Amongst Us!...That Was Pretty Cool!!!...
    I Am Certainly Glad It Was Changed Into A Slow Scrap Instead Of A Speed Scrap...This Layout Took Me A Considerable Amount Of Thought & Time To Put Together...I Started Out In 2 Different Directions That I Didn't Really Like...Until I Finally Figured It Out...

My Layout Was Heavily Influenced By The Painting In One Of The Presented Photos Featuring "Young Girls At The Piano" & The "Head" Busts That You See At The Beginning Of The Tour...The Primary Color Of Choice For Me Was The Green In The Drapes & All The Textures Hidden Within...Plus All The Different Shades Of Orange Working In Concert With The Flow Of The Piano...& The Flowers In The Vase Nestled Just On Top Of The Piano & Of Course The Rather Ornate Frame That Has Encapsulated The Art Print Itself...I Used 3 Photos Just Like The 3 Three Busts You See At The Beginning...But I Went A Bit More Ornate With My Frame Choices...I Used Multiple Ornate Frames Placed In Conjunction With One Another & Blended Into The Three Photos...Same Photo...Each With A Slightly Different Crop To Illustrate The Angst Of A "Busy" Mind...Whether It Is Filled With Anxiety/Sadness Or Fear...& How Much That Weighs Heavy On The Mind/Body & Soul...Freedom Of The Weight That These Issues Can Cause...Is Very Liberating!...These Days Have Been Good For Me Mostly...Freeing The Mind Of Anxiety/Stress & Fear Can Change A Bad Day Into A Much Better One Exponentially...

So As Per The Steps For This Slow Scrap:

1. Use a colored background-I Did...I Used A Paper Splattered With Paint Pieces & Elements Designed Right Into The Paper...
    2. Use at least one frame Inspired By The Ornate Framing-I Used Multiple Ornate Frames
    3. Use something that is made of wood or has a woodgrain pattern-I Have A Wooden Number "3" ]...That I Further Cracked] & Placed Just Below My WA...
    4. Use at least 2 types of paint-I Used Multiple Types Of Paint...Paint Stamps & Splatter
    5. use at least one flower or fruit element-I Used Several Flowers:3 Of The Same 2 Grouping Of Flowers & Several Flower Stamps...
    6. Add a title but keep it small and subtle...Well...This Title Is Small & Subtle For Me-The Black Background WA...Creates A More Subtle Look...
    7. Add any small details or fasteners-I Did Add Some Fasteners/Some Black Doodled Circles & Some Stamp Leaves To Complete My Layout...

*To Create My Freedom Is Power Layout-I Used Multiple Kits:

*Bloom & Grow-Collab-The Lilypad
    *Blended Notes-The Committed Crafter
    *Art Crush No.26-NBK Design
    *Captivated-Pink Reptile Designs
    *Let It Go-Bundle-Rachel Jefferies

*The Ornate Frames I Used Are Courtesy Of Pixabay User:AlLes

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 18, 2020
    Dalis, flowersgal and bellbird like this.
  13. Dady

Dady Well-Known Member

Thank you for this challenge

[​IMG]

bellbird, Dalis and flowersgal like this.
  14. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Hi Justine, So sorry I missed the chat. I was dozing on my recliner (LOL), I woke up, but there were only 4 minutes left to the chat. Anyway, fun inspiration. Here is mine, using a photograph I took of one of Andy Warhol's pieces of art from the Art Institute in Chicago. The top framed one is the original, the other two are my renditions. :-)

My fruit is a lonely grape. There is a wooden handle on the paintbrush. And I've used lots of different paints: 2 splatters, 1 watercolor wash, 2 different stamps, 1 paint globby drip.

[​IMG]

BevG, Lisa B, bellbird and 2 others like this.
  15. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

I made this page

[​IMG]

BevG, Lisa B, bellbird and 4 others like this.
  16. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

It's fascinating to me that I could pick almost all of the pages from the gallery that were for the Slow Scrap by just looking at them! Isn't that cool?

BevG, Lisa B, bellbird and 3 others like this.
  17. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

I found the thread!!! Thanks!

18. Juliestcyr

Juliestcyr Grammar nerd and proud of it

I love this formula. will probably do a gallery inspiration again.

- Solid colour background
    - Chunky Frame
    - 2 types of paint (stamps and splatter)
    - Wood bits (painted birch style used on the shapes)
    - Subtle title card
    - Fruit

[​IMG]

Lisa B and bellbird like this.
  19. garrynkim

garrynkim I'm not messy, I'm just really creative!

20. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

I remember visiting that museum, it's awesome.
    Thank you for the inspiration and instructions, here's my page
    [​IMG]

Lisa B and bellbird like this.