CLOSED-Inchies! You gotta try them! Ends March 1st

Discussion in 'Art Journaling' started by AnneofAlamo, Feb 8, 2017.

1. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

if you don't merge, each inchie can be clipped too, and let me repeat what I did:

merged all the inchies as ONE layer
    1. then clip my chosen paper to the whole thing.
    2. use the rectangular marquee tool and go around the inchie I wanted that paper for
    3. right click and hit INVERSE select
    4. then delete the rest of paper

that way all I had was one square with that paper, as I had a different paper on each inchie. Dalis mentioned, merging just the hues of greys, so you could then clip one paper to those also...

2. sbpoet

sbpoet Well-Known Member

thanks, both -- i will go play

3. Lor

Lor you've always had the power, my dear

Oh how fun! I shall try and play along. :-)

4. Jeanet

Jeanet CT - Lynne-Marie

I thought this might be fun but in fact I found it rather stressful to fill out all 100 squares :) Perhaps because I really wanted everything to match and look perfect. (Hint to any art journaler newbies - Never, ever try to be perfect - just create ;) )

[​IMG]

5. AmandaJ

AmandaJ Adagio, or Allegro? I can't decide.

I'm all done! I'm sticking with my seasons theme. 25 of each!
    [​IMG]

6. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

In my case instead of ending merging everything and having 1 layer to use from the template, I simplify the template with as many layers as colors or tones. In this case my template would simplify to 5 layers, 4 grey layers and the white one.

7. julianz

julianz Well-Known Member

I did something similar:
    • I merged all the squares into one layer.
    • Then I used the Magic Wand (W) with contiguous unchecked to select all the same colour squares.
    • I didn't actually clip my background to them just used Ctrl-J to duplicate my selection from the paper. That way it was easy to change my mind if I needed to later. (Much more difficult to select patterned squares than the plain grey from the template)

Dalis likes this.
  8. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

It was huge! Here is mine... I am exhausted.. took me all day! Since 9:30am .. it is now 6:14pm and I did take a few breaks for lunch and dinner (and potty breaks).

I did the whole thing on seperate layers..I started with the bg and then did all the squares with the paper and the stitched borders then I went on to filling the spaces. In order to save in between I made a duplicate of the working psd and resized the duplicate after changing size from 300 to 72 dpis.. then I would go back to working on the original... at the end I merged all and saved and then resized using the action save for web.

[​IMG]
    Complete Credits:

Inchie Template:
    Scrapping with Liz Skinnys Starter2 Template

Background:
    Lynn Grieveson - Walden-1 & 20
    Little Butterfly Wings- M3 Oct16 ADDON pp5

Each square same background paper & stitched border:
    Little Butterfly Wings- M3 Oct16 ADDON Stitched 4
    Little Butterfly Wings- M3 Oct16 ADDON pp4

Elements/word art from the following:
    Etc. by Danyale: SS Beach | Pandemonium | Morning Coffee | Just my Type - collab | NB Mousseron
    Lynn Grieveson : Walden
    Dawn Inskip: ArtSmart Inchies | ArtSmart - elements | Secrets | Sweethearts | Coffee Break | Core Essentials
    Little Butterfly Wings: Crazy Unicorn Lady | M3 Oct16 ADDON
    Kim Jensen: Garden Pop - Newspaper Alpha
    Pink Reptile Designs: Puppy Love | XOXO | For You Mom | House Blend Collab | Happy Days
    Mommyish: NY State of Mind Collab | Secret Ingredient Collab | XsandOs Collab with Sabrina Creations
    Kate Hadfield Designs: Coffee and Cupcakes | Wizardry | Tea Party | Star Spangled | Stars and Stripes Alpha | Christmas Blog Brad Freebie | Chef's Kitchen | Baked with Love | Hippity Hoppity

9. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

it came out beautiful Jeanet.. I agree I am stressed.. I am a matching perfectionist too and so that is why I found it stressful. I like the way it came out and I love yours too!!

Jeanet likes this.
  10. flowersgal

flowersgal I have big ears and wide arms

[​IMG]
    View attachment 203975
    Inchie template: Scrapping with Liz (provided for challenge)
    Supplies: Amy Wolff - Megasolids v. 5; Pop of color kit
    Little Butterfly Wings - Travel Edition bundle; Color outside the Lines bundle; Bookholic flairs

11. ashleywb

ashleywb Sand in my toes

LOVE the inchies idea and the pages I've seen in the gallery so far are amazing!!! Not sure I have the patience to make one of these. :dizzy

bellbird, cfile and Dalis like this.
  12. merank

merank Working my way through scrumdiddlyumptious bars

This was fun! It did take a while to do, but it wasn't as long as I thought it would be!
    [​IMG]

jwalls39, jenn mccabe, mcurtt and 6 others like this.
  13. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

@cfile , these are so you with all the harry potter in it.

mimisgirl and cfile like this.
  14. julianz

julianz Well-Known Member

Whew! What a marathon.
    [​IMG]

jwalls39, jenn mccabe, mcurtt and 4 others like this.
  15. mimisgirl

mimisgirl It's all about ME!

These are SOOOO fun! I have never done digi inchies, though I do them in my physical journal! Thanks Anne for the inspiration, now I gotta play!

cfile likes this.
  16. grrfluudy

grrfluudy This? Oh it's just my million dollar pen.

I haven't been able to play because I've been so, so frustrated. for way too many hours today & yesterday I have been fighting with background papers. (which is probably why I had a dream that THEY were fighting eachother.) I've tried to use the png's but I can't get my papers to clip to them. I've tried 'eyeballing' and cropping that way. no, doesn't work. I've put the png inchies on top of the piece of paper and cropped under. still didn't work. I even got rid the the first ones I was working on and started over. Why, Why did I do that?! I've tried using the tiff as a mask. I've tried making frames and filling them. ACK!! I really want to get to the fun part! I don't even know how to proceed. Is anyone doing CA2? I did inverse, I don't have a magic lasso. eep. really, really frustrated.
    /rant over. sorry.

OH Btw - Fabulous Inchies everyone! I love them all.

17. bjthomas

bjthomas We will rock you!

If we follow the rule of 2 items per inchie, can some of our items "flow" onto another inchie? Or is the idea to create each inchie as its own separate layout?

18. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

These all so inspiring... but I can see for me it would be very time consuming..... but you never know I might make time and have a play....

19. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

20. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

you can have more than 2...and they can flow over...just make it so you can still see the inchies. you can also make each one separately. it is a fun challenge, to enjoy. Make them YOUR inchies. ♥

bjthomas likes this.