CLOSED-Inchies! You gotta try them! Ends March 1st

Discussion in 'Art Journaling' started by AnneofAlamo, Feb 8, 2017.

1. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I would like to keep as close to 100 inchies as possible....please...thank you ♥

2. AnneofAlamo

these are your inchies, if you want them to come off, enjoy, just make it so we know those inchie squares are there....enjoy the fun of the challenge...

3. julianz

julianz Well-Known Member

Right. Opening up the template now. I can't wait to play with this. I wonder how long it will take? LOL

4. Vanessas Creations

Vanessas Creations Member

5. Electra

Electra Shutterbug

OK, I had to order pizza for supper, but it's one! I ended up with 381 layers. AND, all the credits are there! Gotta Love Storyteller!:bk
    Oh Anne, you are so evil!! lolol [​IMG]

6. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Oh my I don't know that my eyesight is up for this. I remember when inches were going round in the 'real' world and some friends were doing all the cutting etc By HAND! yes @Electra , :stash

tinkerbell1112 likes this.
  7. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Oh how incredibly fun! I will definitely be playing along. The thought of the credits would be the only thing to scare me off. :giggle I also have had this idea on my to-do list for my regular art journal for about a year too. Maybe I'll go hybrid!

8. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Not sure if they would be called inchies, but when DH turned 63, I did a layout for him, included 70 circles (7 across, 10 down), seven were pics, and wrote up 63 reasons (one in each circle) of why I loved him. Some were simple backgrounds, but on others, I added in some elements. He got a bit teary-eyed. But the one he glommed onto was "You can be nice." Truthful. Then when he turned 65, I made one with square inchies, 7 across, 9 rows with 7, 1 row with 3, resulted in 66 photos of him, one baby pic & then one from every year of his life. Just gathering the photos was a nightmare, but I think he enjoyed the fuss.

Moving on to Anne's inchies. I managed to do 10 last night, worked on another 10 this morning. At this rate, I should be done the morning of March 1. :-)

bellbird, flowersgal and grrfluudy like this.
  9. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Kristina, don't give my secrets away, I was planning to squeeze in Dawn's inchies in mine. LOL!!!

cfile and klee73010 like this.
  10. sbpoet

sbpoet Well-Known Member

I thought of this, these must be YUGE files!

& @AnneofAlamo is there a transcript of the chat? maybe some hints in there?

11. grrfluudy

grrfluudy This? Oh it's just my million dollar pen.

I just had to share this. I just woke up from the strangest dream! My inchies had picked sides and started a war against each other and the winning side got to choose the theme of all the inchies! Uh...okaaay...I wasn't really involved - other than the as artist. I could also eavesdrop on either side's strategy. They could be ruthless.
    No idea where this came from, and IRL I've only done 4 inchies. This was way more than that.
    OK, going back to sleep now.

12. AnneofAlamo

@sbpoet I didn't do a transcript, but a helpful hint that I did, was to merge all 100 layers of inchies. That made it more doable for me.
    1. clip my paper to the whole thing.
    2. use the rectangular marquee tool and go around the inchie I wanted that paper for
    3. right click and hit INVERSE select
    4. then delete the rest of paper
    That helped me.
    another hint some used, was to keep it to just a few kits...I couldn't because I wanted different oN every single inchie

and @Dalis my eye is on you now! lol

grrfluudy likes this.
  13. AnneofAlamo

jo!!! @grrfluudy are you taking my allergy meds? lol, that is usually how I come up with challenges! I can't wait to see the war on inchies! tee hee

grrfluudy likes this.
  14. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I'm innocent UNTIL proven guilty! LOL!!!

btw. In templates like this one, instead of merging the entire thing, I like to merge the pieces that are the same color. If it looks aesthetically pleasing to your eyes now, if you merge the papers with the same color (or hue in this case) then you can clip all those to the same paper after they are merged and they will look great!

bellbird likes this.
  15. AnneofAlamo

That is a grand idea @Dalis! I love it...

16. sbpoet

sbpoet Well-Known Member

Um, I may have questions about this once I try it.

17. sbpoet

sbpoet Well-Known Member

wait ... so you basically eliminated the "template" part of the template? no more clipping masks?

18. sbpoet

sbpoet Well-Known Member

this is just ... fabulous.

19. AnneofAlamo

I put the inchies as one layer, it just worked better for my brain. the back ground I did not merge together. I went from 100 inchies and one background to one layer with 100 inchies on it and the background? Does that help?

20. sbpoet

sbpoet Well-Known Member

so, on the inchies layer, each inchie could still accept a clipping mask? or not?