*CLOSED*Credit Mix-up Logic Puzzle | Halloween Bash 2020

Discussion in 'Halloween Bash 2020' started by bellbird, Oct 17, 2020.

1. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

**Random winner for this game is julianz**
    Will update this post with all the Pollys pages in a minute

Hey guys! You were so helpful when I mixed up my notes over DSD that I was hoping you can help me out again this weekend!

In planning a post for the blog next week, 5 of the Pollys agreed to send me pages for it.
    Each Polly agreed to feature just one designer and fortunately, they all used a different colour background and also scrapped a different theme because, silly me, I mixed up the credit lists for the pages and my notes are a mess!

Can you help me figure out who scrapped what colour page?
    What designers products did they use?
    And what theme did each Polly use?

Below are my notes and a grid to help you sort through the information. There's some tips on how to use the grid with an example in the next post if you keep scrolling down.

Notes:
    1. The stunning magic themed layout was created by Wombat146 but did not feature ForeverJoy or Allison Pennington products.
    2. Tkradtke's page, featuring journaling about chores everyone can relate to, was not scrapped on a green background.
    3. ForeverJoy's yellow paper was not used by KarenB, who constructed her layout using a brown woodgrain paper.
    4. Scrappydonna was inspired to use a collab kit about the current season of Fall
    5. The purple of Rebecca McMeen's pretty papers was not the basis for the carefree layout.
    6. Dalis liked green and it was perfect for her layout using Just Jaimee products but her page was not about feeling carefree either.

HBash2020LogicGameGridfinal-800px.jpg

Submitting answers: After you have figured out the answer, send me (bellbird) a conversation with each Polly's name and the designer you think they scrapped with, as well as the color and theme of their page, just like in the bottom part of the grid. To do this, go to your TLP Inbox (the little envelope up next to your avatar on the top of this page), click it and select 'Start A Conversation) and put my name (bellbird) in Participants.
    You don't have to send me your whole worked out grid, just your answer is all. I'll reply & let you know I've received it. If there's still time & you're not quite right, I'll send you back a message, letting you know so you can have another go, so maybe don't leave this game until the last minute! And please don't post any answers in this thread so that others can play too.

Deadline & Prize Info: This game closes at 11:59 pm EDT on Sunday October 25th, so you have until then to send me your answers. If you have them all right, you get an entry in the random draw for a $3 coupon to the store.
    After the game has closed and I've received all the pages from the Pollys, I'll show them to you in this thread when we announce the random winner.
    Good luck everyone!

wombat146 - Rebecca McMeen - purple - magic
    12x12-STARLIGHT-AND-MAGIC-700.jpg
    All products by Rebecca McMeen | Wordart - Winter Woods; Star element - Of Wishes Hopes and Dreams Part 2 - TLP collab; Paper - Celeste
    https://the-lilypad.com/store/Winter-in-the-Woods.html
    https://the-lilypad.com/store/COLLAB-Of-Wishes-Hopes-and-Dream-Part-Two.html
    http://the-lilypad.com/store/celeste.html
    Photo: Stock/Pixabay

KarenB - Allison Pennington - brown - carefree
    Carefree.jpg
    Made with Allison Pennington | Inclination
    https://the-lilypad.com/store/Inclination-The-Kit.html

Tkradtke - ForeverJoy - yellow - chores
    loadsoffunkanakuk.jpg
    Made with ForeverJoy | Loads of Fun kit
    https://the-lilypad.com/store/LOADS-OF-FUN-PAGE-KIT.html

Dalis - (mint) green - Just Jaimee - Halloween
    dalis-mintgreen-DontTouchThis-.jpg
    Made with Just Jaimee | Hocus Pocus; Spook Halloween; Storyteller 2019
    https://the-lilypad.com/store/Hocus-Pocus-Storyteller-October-2018-Add-on.html
    https://the-lilypad.com/store/Spook-Halloween-Kit-Storyteller-October-2017-Add-on.html
    https://the-lilypad.com/store/Storyteller-2019-October-Digital-Scrapbook-Kit.html

Scrappydonna - (light) blue - (Mommyish & Sabrina's Creations) collab - Fall
    holiday-bash-donna-lightblue_wonderfall_mommyish-1.jpg
    Made with Mommyish & Sabrina's Creations Collab | WonderFALL
    https://the-lilypad.com/store/WonderFALL-Kit.html

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
    Angela Toucan and umyesh like this.
  2. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

** How to use a logic grid & example **

If you haven't worked on a logic puzzle before, here are some tips for solving them.

Usually you are asked to match up sets of things and given a list of clues.
    Each thing listed in each set will only be used once for the final result but with many possible combinations initially.
    It might be a list of women who visit different hairdressers and have different colour hair.
    You might need to match up each woman's first name, surname, hair colour and the hairsalon they visit.
    Thinking of each clue as giving you true and false answers can help.

(Example Clue 1. Jane has brown hair).
    What is the truth in this fact and how do you record it in the grid?
    In the grid, you would put a tick/check mark in the box that corresponds to Jane and brown hair colour because this fact confirms Jane's hair colour, but this clue also tells you there is no possibility of Jane having any other hair colour AND that all the other women do not have brown hair. So if we use ticks/checks to show true facts and crosses for what is false, we can narrow down the options for the other women.
    [​IMG]

The next clue (Example Clue 2. Sarah does not have grey or red hair.) may not give you any facts that you can tick/check but you can still add crosses to the grid to show the information you got out of it. A cross should already be in the Sarah/brown hair box, so now adding it to what we learnt from the previous clue, we know that Sarah does not have brown, grey or red hair and we are closer to figuring out what colour hair she actually has, just by ruling out possibilities. She must have either blonde or black hair.
    [​IMG]

Other clues like Clue 3 may seem unrelated by itself but the grid helps you see how the information is linked. (Example Clue 3. The blonde woman goes to Prime Cuts)
    [​IMG]
    But by adding it to the previous clues, you can rule out & cross out PrimeCuts as Jane's Hairsalon because we already know she has brown hair from Clue 1 and is not blonde.
    Depending on further clues, if Sarah does turn out to be the blonde one, we'll know she attends Prime Cuts; if she turns out to have black hair, we can rule out Prime Cuts as her hair salon as well, but we don't know yet.
    [​IMG]

So finally, make sure you go through the whole list of clues more than once, using the grid to double check you have recorded all the information, both the true and false kind of information, each clue holds to help you solve the puzzle. Remember each thing in each list set can be used only once in the answer.

umyesh likes this.
  3. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

I’m so glad you did another logic puzzle. This one went much faster than the last one since I wasn’t as rusty haha

bellbird likes this.
  4. redplaid3

redplaid3 Just call me Zaley's Grammy!

I love these. thanks so much!

5. chastml

chastml Shock me, Sinead O'Rebellion

6. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

Bart loves logic problems - lots of fun!
    [​IMG]

7. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

8. Cinzia

Cinzia Well-Known Member

9. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

Man...I'm down to just a few colors and I'm stumped. :dizzy

10. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

i've replied to all til here - y'all are so clever!

11. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

It was so much fun to scrap a page for this challenge.

bellbird likes this.
  12. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

13. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

14. Dalis

Oh my Ferdy, that avatar is scary!

Ferdy likes this.
  15. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

lol I know, right? it scares me every time I look at it!!

Dalis likes this.
  16. Dalis

You are too funny!

[​IMG]

17. DigiGrace

DigiGrace Make mine a purple passion

18. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

replied to everyone to here, and yes, the avatar challenge has really made the forum a scary place to be!

19. Dalis

So glad to see faces back to normal! LOL!!!

Angela Toucan and bellbird like this.
  20. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

**Thanks all for playing! Congrats to @julianz who is the random winner for this game - I will send you a conversation shortly**

julianz and chastml like this.