Christmas Menu

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by crystalbella77, Dec 10, 2009.

1. eryn

eryn gross no longer

You can get preservative free wine now

2. Peppermint

Peppermint One Little Bird

I have problems with most alcohols really, but wine especially. I can drink most clear liquors, and tequila is a good friend of mine. When wine gets into my system, though, it's like someone tightens a vise on my chest immediately. I'm not sure if the sulfites are the reason, but it's what my doctor says is most probable. I can eat grapes, so I know it's not grapes. But I don't have a problem with garlic or onions, and those are high in sulfites too. So who knows. I don't question it. I just know that wine = pain.

I'm not supposed to drink anyway, for a variety of reasons. LOL I cannot pass up a good lime margarita, though, and sometimes ... they're my downfall.

3. amandajane

amandajane amandajane

We usually do seafood, but it is DD's birthday on Christmas Eve and in our family you get to choose where we go out to dinner on your birthday and she chose the Fisherman's Club where we get this awesome seafood platter.

So now I am doing a duck dish that I saw on Celebrity MasterChef.

4. AmySumrall

AmySumrall aka Joan

I am feeding 10 this year and since we did the turkey for TG, I am doing a spiral ham and all that goes with it.

New years Eve is my hubbys birthday, we usually do shrimp cocktail and other little apps and then New years Day we do mimosas and eggs benedict!

5. karen perry

karen perry LOCK THE DOOR!

well im at work till 5.30pm christmas eve so we eat out and christmas day its turkey and all the trimming followed by christmas pudding and custard and mince pies then as much chocolate you can possibly manage before you admit defeat and fall asleep on the settee before you start all over for tea time

6. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

jWell, clearly you do what you gotta do, but dang. I'd miss my wine! although margaritas aren't a shabby substitute! :wine

7. MelissaL88

MelissaL88 foot stomping tantrum thrower

Mmmm....Julie that prime rib recipe sounds de-lish! I was going to make a spiral ham and stuff to go with it, but I might have to give that Prime Rib a try instead.

8. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

We get our prime ribs at Costco - good stuff!

9. my3hens

my3hens Is only good for one thing....

We go to my families both xmas even and day and a lot of the food is actual filipino. My grandmother is filipino..well my moms side is filipino and irish. We also do american food as well like ham and turkey. I guess its just a huge mish mash LOL Kind of like me.

10. ShannaNoel

ShannaNoel ShannaNoel

We do FOnDUE!!!!! We <3 it every year we think of new, fun combos!