Christmas in July - Inspiration Challenge

Discussion in 'Weekly Focus Challenges' started by bellbird, Jul 27, 2017.

1. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Happy Christmas (in July!). I love this time of year because it gives me an excuse to go back through all my pics of the holidays and enjoy the memories (and my hoard of Christmas kits again!) without the nagging thoughts of 'i still need to do this... and buy that... and cook this... and wrap that' which tends to happen when i scrap in December. And by January? I'm all jingled out and feeling quite bah humbug! Which brings me to my Christmas in July challenge prompt for you!

For this challenge, we're going to scrap a page inspired by one of my favourite Christmas stories: Charles Dicken's A Christmas Carol. I think most of us will be familiar with the classic book or movie but here's the specifics of the challenge:

Pick one of the numbered prompts and make a page about:
    1. a Christmas past (pretty self explanatory - any moment from tree trimming and traditions through to christmas morning and lunch/dinner with the family pics)
    2. a Christmas present (a particular gift you or someone else recieved or asked for)
    3. Christmas future (your dream Christmas - what does it look like, who's there, where are you, who is or is not cooking!)
    4. a Bah Humbug moment (Christmas in reality isn't always wonderful so feel free to scrap the less sparkly moments as well!)
    Go for it - feel inspired by any of the above prompts and art journal, traditional, pocket style, whatever way you want with your Christmas digi supplies, I'm looking forward to seeing your A Christmas Carol pages.

Please follow the Lilypad Gallery Guidelines: Layouts must contain at least 50% TLP products (current or retired product from current designers; templates count as 15%.) Uploads must be less than 250k. List all credits; no off-site linking allowed.

This is mine. It's a Christmas past moment in pocket style.
    [​IMG]

bbymks5 and meterr like this.
  2. meterr

meterr I've got ICE in my veins!

I chose the prompt " A Christmas past"
    I used this old photo of my mom as a tiny kid, and used a bright kit, with modern doodles in it. I love the look of bright modern and a vintage photo.
    [​IMG]

bellbird likes this.
  3. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

My pics are from 1967. Does anyone remember the awful metallic Christmas trees? We had two in the household, one silver (belonged to my Grandparents & uncles), and a green sparkly one (belonged to my parents).

[​IMG]

bellbird likes this.
  4. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

2015 was a very Bah Humbug Christmas...I didn't get to put up a tree b/c there was no place to put one with my MIL living with us; my dad passed away a week later and I felt guilty leaving my little family to go and see him...I'll never forgive myself for that.

[​IMG]