Christmas decorations.. pictures!

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by amandascraps, Nov 25, 2012.

1. amandascraps

amandascraps New Member

So this year I didn't use any ornaments on the tree that are breakable.. That was pretty much all the ornaments! haha. I did use them in other ways though.. Little one right away picked up an ornament when the boxes came down from the attic and threw it like a ball.. shattered.. lol just gonna avoid that again by not putting them on the tree.. Also, the past few years the decorating has been to the minimum, i want to change that, bring christmas joy to the house for my little man :) -- Well I am heading to Big Lots today to get some more decorations for the tree and maybe a few things for the house!! SHOPPING XD

Well here are some pics of what i have done so far :)

[​IMG]
    ^^ Going to be added a lot more color to the tree this year!! will post pictures later of the end result :)

[​IMG]
    ^^ Close up..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ^^ Used the breakable ornaments and made something for the dinning room table :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ^^ Also added some of the ornaments I couldn't put on the tree in some wine glasses in the china cabinet :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ^^ Finally found a safe place for the village! But no lights this year :( May just throw in a few tea lights to light it up at night :)

[​IMG]
    ^^ Little guy helping me :)

[​IMG]
    ^^ And then he crashed! HAHA.. So much excitement decorating! :P

Just wanted to share! :)

2. amandascraps

amandascraps New Member

Sorry or the HUGE pictures! I didn't realize they were going to be this big in the post!!

3. sarahbhb

sarahbhb Happy Anniversary babe! Now, pack up!

That's awesome Amanda, and your tree looks so pretty. I love how you used the breakable ornaments.

I still haven't decided what we're going to do Christmas Tree wise this year...we have very little usable space, and two cats that we didn't have last time we set up a tree. I'm pretty sure they'll dismantle a tree as soon as we put it up. But I'm bound and determined to do something. We didn't decorate at all last year because we went away for Christmas, this year we're staying put.

4. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

No decorations yet for me. I didn't want to do an extra week in my Countdown to Christmas/DYD, and obviously, scrapping dictates every aspect of my life! :giggle

Yours look lovely!

I will post some next weekend, though!

5. nativescrapper

nativescrapper nativescrapper

Love the pix Amanda :) I havent put up any decorations yet, maybe this week or even tomorrow :)

6. amandascraps

amandascraps New Member

Haha, i may have decorated a bit early, but i was excited :) Hope I can secs of your some pics of what you gals do! Just re did and finished the tree so I'll probably snap a pic tomorrow and post it here :) its so colorful now!

7. staciahall

staciahall Quidditch, anyone?

I hope your cats can stay out of the tree, Sarah. My youngest one, a little chubbier than last year, has stayed out of the tree so far. I'll leave it up another couple of days before I put any ornaments on it just in case.

I haven't had little kids in so long I forget what they used to be like with the tree.

8. jenny

jenny jenny

We haven't decorated yet. I'll likely start sometime this week. We probably won't go all out this year as we'll be out of town for Christmas and then I'll be away for the week following. But our tree will be decorated and up for sure as well as the outside lights and wreaths.

9. kelley

kelley Gets excited over little green things.

My kids put the tree up Saturday, and last night Chris and I put the lights on it - I got a set of flashing colored lights, a long strand of the white ones, and then I have a set of bigget pretty colored ones that don't flash. I have quite a few ornaments I've collected over the years, and every year we fill in with handmade ones. Each year it is our tradition to make at least one new ornament each (well, the kids anyway). I always love the trees at the store that are color schemed and really elegant, but our tree is filled with all colors and lots of love. (and sometimes wayyy too many cutouts from christmas coloring books that the kids think would be a nice addition, haha)

10. Lor

Lor you've always had the power, my dear

Beautiful tree Amanda; I luv the colors!!!

We've got our house all decorated for the Christmas holiday, inside and out. And this year I splurged and bought new ornaments; ours are shatter proof too(we have two mischievous kitties also).

Here is our tree, which I took with my cell phone while watching tv last night.
    [​IMG]

The ornaments:

[​IMG]

And the hook issue, I seem to have every year.... Gggggrrrr....

[​IMG]

11. emmasmom

emmasmom emmasmom

I'm so behind the 8 ball...I will post some as soon as I have everything up though :)

12. Trista

Trista I'm Working On It

Oh beautiful. We are not up and running yet. Still have to go pick out ornaments for this year. I'll try to remember to post photos once the kids decorate their trees.

13. meganmecrazy

meganmecrazy Caution: Randomly Breaks Out into Show tunes

I'm behind too! I have nothing ready to be put up yet. :(

14. mirjam

mirjam mirjam

My hands are itching to start on the decorations too but here in the Netherlands it's custom to wait until after December 5 (Saint Nicholas). I do think I might put it up by the end of this week though after seeing your beautiful trees! :)

15. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

We are going to get our tree on Saturday, so we'll be done by Saturday night and I'll get some pictures for ya! I love your tree Amanda!

16. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

We don't put ours up until the first weekend in December. I have to admit that I am lacking any motivation this year. It's been a tough month for us.

17. melrio

melrio I will hunt you!

Here's our Country Cowboy Tree

[​IMG]

18. jojoma

jojoma Member

That cowboy hat topper is just too clever. Cute tree, Melanie! Here's mine.
    [​IMG]
    close up of top.
    [​IMG]
    and our collection of nutcrackers.
    [​IMG]

19. aballen

aballen Don't make me break out the milk

Beautiful trees everyone!!! We put ours up this past weekend. We love Christmas!!
    [​IMG]

20. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

oh melanie, love the idea of themed xmas trees!

I have to say that those blue ornaments on both trees are super amazing too!