Christmas cards

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by jesskab, Nov 10, 2014.

1. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I dread it every year, there are years they don't go out! I am guilty!

2. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

Well, my external hard drive died as I was making the card. Every scrapbooking thing is on it. It didn't crash, I can hear some mechanism that has come loose. I can't afford to fix that right now.

That was a sign to switch to a photo site template. I had a $20 gift from AYSO & a 40% off coupon. This is what I came up with. It's a 3/4 tri-fold card. I'd gotten free navy blue address labels last month & we were wearing blues & yellows on our last pic attempt. I'll live.

[​IMG]

3. jesskab

Jenn, I am liking that wrapping paper on the wall idea. I just got a recipe for fake snow that I'll be making soon. They'll be making little snowmen in a cake pan.

4. carrottop

carrottop Member

We've done this several times...I found a grid style card with spots for individual pictures of each family member, and picked one of each person that looked nice. It is often easier than trying to get a posed shot of the whole group!

5. carrottop

carrottop Member

We sent out cards around New Year's a few years in a row. My kids were really little, and Christmas was too hectic, so they went out after the pandemonium was over. We always got a great response from those we sent them to, and no one seemed to mind. One year, I got a Valentine's letter From an old friend, because she said she was running behind. It was actually pretty cute! I think anytime you send them out, they are appreciated...;)

Last edited: Nov 18, 2014
  6. lynning

lynning Makes wishes come true

Don't normally do them. Sending little Christmas cards to my Wish Kids and we will reciprocate Christmas Cards (if we get one from you, you'll receive one from us). We do not do the letter and the photo. I'm keeping it simple (and real).

7. jesskab

What a great idea, to use your silhouette. Sounds awesome!

8. cherpea

cherpea Well-Known Member

Hahaha Amanda girl it just means you aren't giving her enough incentive to do that rather than dreaded chore she can get out of if she does it...

Hey worked for me and Miss A who despite herself had a blast once she got into it... she got out of cleaning her dungeon for one week... hee hee she didn't realise that would mean the following week was way worse though... that and not stressing about what the snot they chose to wear... hey I mean we are so far from being all matchy matchy in our pics but do I look like I care? Nah not much...

Oh and ya gotta love self timers and tripods and letting kids set up some of the shots... my oddballs page is the result of a kiddo shot... and some jostling to get back into shot...

9. mlewis

mlewis mlewis

I was just coming to post this exact same card. We used it last year, and it was so fun to just put candid snapshots from throughout the year.

I don't know why it's so hard to schedule family pictures! I'm thinking of just including my kids on this year's photo and skipping family shots (even though I've skipped them for 2 years now).