Christchurch New Zealand

Discussion in 'The Welcome Pad' started by Christhekiwilass, Sep 23, 2022.

1. Christhekiwilass

Christhekiwilass New Member

Just passing by to say hello, first timer here. Hope to make some new friends and learn some new tricks and techniques I am not an experienced digi scrapper, I enjoy what I do and I do it for myself, the biggest issue I have had to overcome is not to compare myself to other's thinking my work is not good enough to share. I live in Christchurch the South Island of New Zealand, back home after living in Australia for almost 17years, we could not return due to Covid and we had to go through the MIQ quarantine situation doing 10days compulsory over Christmas 2021. Loving being back with family, age and family brought us home to NZ while we were both well and able to make the move, it was a huge thing as hubby is 83 and I am a bit younger but so much to do - wont be doing that again. Chris (Christine)

2. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

Welcome to The Lilypad Chris! We’re happy to have you here! You’re joining at a great time because the digital scrapbooking day celebrations are just getting started. Be sure to check out the DSD 2022 Party Pad thread for the blog hop and Pick Your Prize. More challenges and events will be added next week too! Let us know if you have any questions.

G.J. likes this.
  3. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Hello and welcome to The Lilypad @Christhekiwilass !

We all have types of digital and hybrid scrappers here. Some are brand new and others are more experienced, and there is a wide variety of styles as well. If you have questions and can't seem to find answers in our Learning Pad or Help Pad, please don't hesitate to post and we'll all try to jump in and help.

Like Monica said, now is a great time to be joining in with our Pick Your Prize forum open as well as our blog hop that lets you download a big kit for free! And there will be great sales next weekend and lots of fun and games as well.

G.J. likes this.
  4. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

Welcome to The Lilypad! It’s a great place to learn and practice digi scrappin.

G.J. and Christhekiwilass like this.
  5. Christhekiwilass

Yes thank you I had an email from Lilypad that mentioned the bloghop and the Pick a Prize, how wonderful I have only just found my way there - thank you

6. Christhekiwilass

Thank you so much, I am going to spend some time this afternoon looking through some of the threads and try and find my way around, I have found the bloghop and the Pick a Prize how wonderful would that be.

gonewiththewind and umyesh like this.
  7. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Welcome from a fellow kiwi up in Auckland.

Christhekiwilass likes this.
  8. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Welcome to the LilyPad!!! We are so glad to have you join us and I cannot wait to see your page!

9. LynnG

LynnG Designer

So great to have you here :-)

10. wombat146

wombat146 Check out my kilt! And my turret!

Hi Chris and welcome to the Lilypad, please don't hesitate to ask if you need a hand with anything! I am down in Tassie, originally from New South Wales........ I miss my family and friends terribly but I had to come down here because of the heat up there, health wise it just was not doing me any good. :)

11. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Welcome! There is a lot of help here if you have any questions but the main thing is to relax, enjoy yourself and scrap as little or as much as you want. Don't compare yourself here to others, there are all levels of experience and styles, so you just scrap as you please and if you learn some techniques along the way, that's great, and if you are having fun, that is good.

12. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

Welcome to the Lilypad. I look forward to seeing your layouts.

13. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Welcome to The Lilypad, one of my favorite places! :love Have fun with the DSD festivities over the next week!

14. Christhekiwilass

Thank you so much, looks great

umyesh likes this.
  15. DigiGrace

DigiGrace Make mine a purple passion

Hi Chris and welcome to The Lilypad!

16. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

hello, and welcome to the Lilypad @Christhekiwilass
    I'm looking forward to getting to know you as I see you around the forum, and your pages in the gallery. This is a great community to be a part of; a fabulous place to practice, learn and grow in your digital scrapping. I know I've learnt so much since joining.

Check out this thread when you get the time. It has all the links for our fabulous designer's newsletters. Many of them give freebies to newsletter subscribers.
    https://the-lilypad.com/forum/threads/designers-who-what-where-newsletters-more.46162/

17. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Welcome to the Lilypad Chris! I hope you have fun poking around and learning where things are. If you run across anything you need help with in the forum or with scrapbooking in general be sure to ask questions. There are lots of people around willing to help. :agree

18. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Welcome to TLP, Chris!! Sounds like it's been a rough time due to Covid. It sounds like you're finally home and we're so happy that you're here! Don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions. This is one of the friendliest digi sites around and help is always at hand. Please don't compare your work to others - I think we ALL have done that at some point in time. It's certainly easy to say but hard to do sometimes. :heartslub:heartslub

LynnG likes this.
  19. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Welcome to the Lilypad! It's hard not to compare, but when I'm feeling down, I look at some of my earliest pages and celebrate how far I've come! This is a great place to learn and grow.

LynnG and bellbird like this.
  20. mary kate

mary kate Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Lilypad!

I had the same issue: I think I lurked here for over a year before I dared post a layout to the gallery! But once I started posting, I realized I had found my digi-scrapping home. Everyone here is so friendly and helpful, and I have learned so much through challenges and tutorials and so on. Look forward to seeing your pages!

LynnG and Christhekiwilass like this.