Chop Chop | Pad Patter 3.23.23

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by umyesh, Mar 23, 2023.

1. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Where do you get your hair cut? I've been going to Christa since Olivia was 3 years old. She used to be in two different salons. Several years ago, she built her own shop at her house. I love going to get my hair cut there because I can wear old clothes (I get lowlights and highlights and don't want to mess up my good clothes) and I usually don't wear makeup. We can talk about all kinds of things without fear of being overheard. It's like a mini therapy session (for her and for me) when I go.

How often do you get your hair cut? I should be going every two months, but I usually stretch it out to four months. I've even gone as long as six months.

My last hair cut/highlights/lowlights was in February. Here's what it looked like about a week before my appointment.

PXL_20230212_003545877_2.jpg

At the appointment. This time she had some fun and funky pink patterned foils.

PXL_20230217_174700458.jpg

Later the same evening, after my hair was styled and I had makeup on.

PXL_20230218_013820320.jpg

Memaw2Wm, umyesh and mary kate like this.
  2. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

I love that your hair appointments are also therapy! :) Those pink foils are so fun too!

gonewiththewind likes this.
  3. LivyBug

LivyBug I should be considered yarned and dangerous.

I get my hair cut at a salon, and it's typically every 6 months. I usually get a simple cut and no dye, so I can wait that long.

umyesh likes this.
  4. umyesh

That’s why I stopped dying my hair too; I hated having to go in so often for it!

5. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I was having to go every 4 to 6 weeks to get my hair colored. My hair just wasn't holding on to the color anymore and the last time I had it done, I got a rash on my neck after getting my hair colored. So I quit. It didn't look nice letting the color grow out and the grey come in, took about a year. But I have absolutely no regrets with doing it even though I was only 56 at the time. Funny thing was I had many people tell me how great I looked when I went grey! (Saved a lot of money too!)

umyesh likes this.
  6. umyesh

A rash from hair color sounds so terrible! Hopefully it went away quickly for you. I haven’t started going gray but I plan on staying gray so hopefully I don’t hate it.

7. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Thankfully it was on my neck and not my scalp so I could put lotion on it. Gone in about a week.

umyesh likes this.
  8. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I've been going to the same lady for a LONG time. She has her own place and is the only one in the shop when I go, which is nice. She's also very artsy so we usually spend the whole time talking about art projects. :agree

I go about every 12 weeks. With longer curly hair, I could stretch it even longer usually, but it's always nice to have the ends trimmed and she usually thins the back out some too because I have SOOOO much hair. Lol!

umyesh likes this.
  9. umyesh

Another reason I go to someone now instead of cutting my own is because my hair needs to be thinned and I don’t know how to do that. Thick hair gets so heavy!

10. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Yeah, there's no way I'd try doing that to myself... things could go really wrong in a hurry. :giggle

umyesh likes this.
  11. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

Enjoy your thick hair ... mine use to be sooooo thick, but as I've aged it's become thinner and thinner and is now noticeably thin, esp. where I part my hair.

umyesh likes this.
  12. umyesh

Mine is definitely thinning as I age. I never thought about it thinning more along the part. Good to know!

13. designbylime

designbylime Definitely a cat person.

Where do you get your hair cut?
    I have a wonderful young hairstylist that I go to. She got pregnant a couple of years ago and that was not a good year :)

How often do you get your hair cut?
    At the moment every 3 months.

umyesh likes this.
  14. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I've tried out a few stylists since moving, sticking to the higher end salons b/c with my thin hair it is easy to mess it up and I prefer someone with experience in short cuts. I'm not 100% satisfied but will go back to a stylist at Chatters and see how she does with the next cut next week.

About every two months but next week I am going even shorter and that style will need to be re-shaped about every 5 weeks. I just got a pencil hot iron to use on the pixie cut I'm getting. I can't wait to play with it. I have a regular flat iron but the tiny one will be better for my short hair.

umyesh likes this.
  15. umyesh

I can't imagine how hard it is to do someone else's hair while pregnant.

Every 3 months sounds like a good timeline.

16. umyesh

Amen to someone with experience in short cuts! I always dread when I get the stylist who doesn't like to chop off a lot of hair because I prefer shorter over longer.

Enjoy the new pencil hot iron and pixie cut!

17. Mrsdudds

Mrsdudds Well-Known Member

I go a small local hair salon about 5 minutes walk from my house.

I try to book to get my hair cut every 8 weeks, I have really thick hair that grows so quick. If I leave it to long between hair cuts my hair goes wild.

umyesh likes this.
  18. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

I'm going for the Cousin It look

[​IMG]

19. umyesh

That’s nice your hair salon is within walking distance.

I would definitely chop my hair more often if it was really thick. Thick hair is heavy!

20. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

I got my hair cut in January before my cruise and the lady cut it way too short and I cried in the car. It was really stupid and hubby was with and he tried to cheer me up and I just cried. It was just at Great Clips. She had showed me where she was going to cut it, and I said fine. Then she wet down my hair and since my hair is very wavy when it was dry it was much shorter than I wanted. Oh well. It will grow back. It’s still too short.

umyesh likes this.