Chop Chop | Pad Patter 3.23.23

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by umyesh, Mar 23, 2023.

1. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Before I decided to cut it as short as it is now (in my profile pic) I did the same thing as you! I cut it shoulder length or even a bit shorter every September, then let it grow out for the next year. By summer, it would be long enough to put up in a pony tail or with this awesome hair clip I loved.

But I don't miss it. I cut my hair this short in early 2017 and have never wanted to let it grow out again.

umyesh likes this.
  2. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

lol Eva you make me laugh. :) Good job doing it yourself!

tanteva likes this.
  3. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

I go to the salon maybe once a year. I always go to the same person.

I got it cut "shorter" about a year ago and it's already long. My hair grows really fast! I really need to go get it trimmed.

umyesh likes this.
  4. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

I go to the Supercuts across the street from my neighborhood. It's easy and cheap and comfortable. :)

I used to only go a couple of times a year, but now if I let it get long I have to put it up for work, which I can't do because it's so thick and heavy that it gives me a headache. So these days I go anywhere from every 6 weeks to 3 months at the most. I will sometimes trim my bangs myself in between cuts to try to stretch the time. Unlike some here, I have never regretted having bangs. I have grown them out a few times, either out of procrastination or just for something different, but I always end up missing them. I feel more like "me" with bangs. :)

umyesh likes this.
  5. umyesh

I’ve never tried the bent over method. Thanks for the explanation!

6. umyesh

Whenever I get it cut on my side part there are always super long straggler hairs that I have to trim.

cfile likes this.
  7. umyesh

Lol I cut my own bangs when I was little. Never again!

Memaw2Wm likes this.
  8. umyesh

Yay for saving $25!

9. umyesh

This is me too! My husband has me trim his beard and I hate not knowing what I’m doing!

10. umyesh

lol it happens to the best of us!

11. umyesh

I think the only time I had bangs was when I was little so I don’t remember them.

12. umyesh

That’s so nice she continues to visit you and cuts hair for the entire family. She’s a gem!

Angela Toucan likes this.
  13. umyesh

I’m thinking about trying Sports Clips for my son; I’m guessing it’s similar to Great Clips.

14. umyesh

The only thing I didn’t like about my super short hair was the crazy bed head. I couldn’t just roll out of bed, throw in a ponytail and look presentable.

15. umyesh

I always feel like a trim isn’t worth paying for so that’s another reason why I chop it short whenever I go.

16. umyesh

Good for you loving your bangs Kim! I get headaches from my hair when it gets too long too; that’s usually when I finally cut it.

KimJ likes this.
  17. meganmecrazy

meganmecrazy Caution: Randomly Breaks Out into Show tunes

Where do you get your hair cut? I have both an aunt and a cousin who cut hair, so I go to either one of them.

How often do you get your hair cut? Not often enough. I need mine cut right now, it has probably been over a year since I had my hair cut.

umyesh likes this.
  18. umyesh

You are good to support your family by going to them. I liked going to my cousin because she knows exactly what I like and she’s fast but I didn’t like driving to her salon.

19. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Not always good to go to family. I used to use my cousin's wife for over 30 years. After a disagreement in 2019, she cut me off even though I apologized many times for something stupid I said. I no longer get invited to their family gatherings and according to my cousin, it is all my fault because I never apologized. He didn't know what to say when I told him I apologized immediately and multiple times.

But in the long run I'm not sad about it because toward the end whenever I was there she spent her time chatting with everyone in the shop except me and I wasn't happy with the cuts for a long time. Unfortunately she also teaches at a vocational school and many of her students are tied into the community at various shops. She's got ties everywhere so no matter where I would go in my small town everyone would know. Then with the pandemic I just never looked into going anywhere else.

umyesh likes this.
  20. umyesh

Family drama is the worst! So sorry about that mess. :-/