Chop Chop | Pad Patter 3.23.23

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by umyesh, Mar 23, 2023.

1. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

My hair is getting pretty long so I think it’s time for a chop.

Where do you get your hair cut?
    How often do you get your hair cut?

2. umyesh

A hair school in my city

Once a year lol I like to chop it super short then grow it out until it drives me crazy.

designbylime likes this.
  3. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

Across the street lol! The woman who cuts my hair moved from a salon to a "salon loft" space where she has her own individual salon/business within a building filled with mini-salons/spas/nail/skin care type businesses. I really love that it's right across the street because the only downside of this move is that she doesn't have waiting space anymore, so it helps to be able to time it just right.

About every 6 weeks. Do I need it cut that often now that I've grown out my pixie cut? No... but during those pixie cut years, I got a little addicted to that fresh cut feeling

umyesh likes this.
  4. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

Where do you get your hair cut? My hair is long and curly, so I just chop the ends off myself. It's probably been two decades since I had a professional cut.

How often do you get your hair cut? I have a Turbo Twist towel, when the ends of my hair hang out of the towel it's time to cut it ... I do this every few months and cut 2-3" off.

umyesh likes this.
  5. umyesh

Across the street is so convenient!

cfile likes this.
  6. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Haven't cut my hair in 4 years. It was relatively short at that time and it is now long and no more bangs. Like @Memaw2Wm I will trim the ends on my own. Mostly when I see that some ends are longer than others. Just clip of the long ones to even it up somewhat. Just did it the other day.

umyesh likes this.
  7. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

I have been going to the hair cuttery for over 20 years... My stylist retired over 5 years ago and I have not found anyone who can cut my hair the way she has. It annoys me.

I now only get my hair cut anywhere between 3 and 6 months, unless it is a special occaision.

umyesh likes this.
  8. umyesh

I have chopped my ends off myself but I have such a hard time with the back that now I have someone else do it.

9. umyesh

That’s nice you can trim the ends on your own; I can never get it straight enough for my liking.

10. umyesh

I’m sorry your stylist retired! It’s so hard to find a good replacement. :-/

cfile likes this.
  11. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

yup.. I don't know why I don't get what I ask for.. the top of my head grows fast so I like layers as if I do not have layers it is top heavy and looks flat.. with the shorter layers on top and all around, it gives my hair height. Ugh I keep trying different people and thought I found one and the first time she did it exactly.. the last 2 times, nope.. it is okbut not angled and layered like I like.. UGH

umyesh likes this.
  12. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

I had long hair for years literally years... I am part yeti and my hair grows really fast like freaky fast and I use to donate it twice a year to locks of love. And still my hair was always below my shoulders or longer. Recently after my wedding I cut it short.. the shortest it's been maybe 10 years.. it was cut right above my shoulders In October and now is probably right below shoulders or slightly more...I can do a decent pony or pig tails...or even high bun for work.

I normally have a friend who is a ex hair lady cut my hair ..or i go to the beauty school as the its cheap and gives the students practice..and helps them..win win for both us.

umyesh likes this.
  13. umyesh

Part yeti haha I always want to donate my hair but I can never grow it long enough before it drives me crazy.

14. dawnmarch

dawnmarch Actually, no. You are not funny!

My hair is easy because I just get it shoulder length with some long layering. Nothing too complicated. I despise having someone else wash my hair so I just have them spray and cut it -- at one of those cheapo walk-in places.

umyesh likes this.
  15. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Where do you get your hair cut? At a walk in salon, I'm not super fussy with my hair so cheapest works best for me
    How often do you get your hair cut? Was about every two months roughly but now its way less often. I need to get back into doing it more often though as I find it easier to manage on a day to day basis

umyesh likes this.
  16. umyesh

I wash my own hair every day so I prefer they just spray and cut it to make it faster. I enjoy the scalp massage sometimes though.

17. umyesh

Cheapest works best for me too; that’s the main reason I go to the hair school.

18. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

A local salon downtown.
    About once a year or so? I let it grow until it bugs me, and is too long to pull into a ponytail or braid. Then, I cut it shorter. I actually cut it two weeks ago.

umyesh likes this.
  19. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Who said they were straight??? LOL I just make sure they are close to the same length. I mean I wear my hair in a clip or ponytail most of the time. It is down right now because I took a shower and I let it dry naturally so it is still a little damp. Later on, it will be in a jaw clip.

umyesh likes this.
  20. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

Where do you get your hair cut? I have a friend/hairdresser.
    How often do you get your hair cut? Every 8 weeks since I also highlight my hair.

umyesh likes this.