Chocolate Mint Day | Pad Patter 2.19

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bestcee, Feb 19, 2020.

1. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I used to like them. I haven't liked them in recent years. It's like they changed the recipe? or the chocolate?

Nope! They are hard peppermint candies.

This cracked me up! Maybe that's why I only like some combinations of chocolate and mint...

Moms rock!

No! I need to go find it!

jk703 and Karen like this.
  2. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

@bestcee

Dollar General has a house brand (Clover Valley) that has their version of Girl Scouts Thin Mints and yummo! Just so you know, there are other, less expensive options. LOL

I do love almost anything mint chocolate. I don't think I've ever seen starlight mints in chocolate before though, so I haven't tried those. I love York peppermint patties. Mint chocolate chip ice cream (the chocolate needs to be more shaved than chipped).

bestcee likes this.
  3. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

It depends. I can't eat mint ice cream that is green. I got sick off of it once as a kid and that's all I can think of when I see it. If it's not green I can eat it. Mint ice cream isn't necessarily my first choice...but I LOVE the mint cookies and cream ice cream. Mmmmm!

And mint cookies aren't a first choice but I'll eat them!

4. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I had this same issue with Sprite for the longest time! It took me years to be able to drink Sprite again.

The Chinese Restaurants around us always seem to have the starlight chocolate mints. It's the only place I've seen them.

gonewiththewind likes this.
  5. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

My son would eat this 24/7 but rarely gets it b/c DD won't eat it & there's only so much freezer space for ice cream. Me, I love it too & it works in my favour that DD won't eat it so I don't have the temptation around!

Last edited: Feb 21, 2020
  6. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

There is toothpaste that is NOT mint?! *mind blown*

jesskab likes this.
  7. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

@bellbird I use Close Up, which is cinnamon flavored. It was one of my first changes during the divorce. I was like "I will no longer compromise on toothpaste". Lol, it's the little things. Actually, 11yo is really sensitive to tastes & textures. He prefers flavorless toothpaste that I get on Amazon.

8. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Well I am sure I've said it before but I can't but say it again, I learn so much stuff here & not all of it is scrapbook related!

jesskab likes this.
  9. Tracie Stroud

Tracie Stroud Active Member

The Bluebell Peppermint Chocolate Chip ice cream is to DIE for.

KimJ likes this.
  10. Lynnette

Lynnette In my life, I've loved them all

11. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

This used to be one of my favorites. I used to get one scoop or chocolate and one of peppermint (at Christmas time) at our local ice cream shop.

Now, sadly, I can hardly EVER eat chocolate and NEVER mint or peppermint. I never thought I'd see the day! :faint2