Chocolate Day | Pad Patter 7.7

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by IntenseMagic, Jul 7, 2019.

1. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Today is World Chocolate Day!
    [​IMG]

I do love chocolate, in small doses. I'm not much of a sweet eater, but chocolate is one of my go-tos when I do get a craving. I love dark chocolate most and hate white chocolate. I don't really have a favorite treat...anything with chocolate or chocolate mixed with caramel or peanut butter works for me!! I don't think I currently have anything chocolate in the house because we're cutting back on sweets and sugar, so I guess I'll have to celebrate another time. Any time is good for chocolate celebrations!

Do you love chocolate?
    Milk? Dark? White?
    Will you celebrate?
    Do you have a favorite chocolate treat??

SeattleSheri likes this.
  2. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

MMMM CHOCOLATE is my favorite food! The little marina store out at the lake this last weekend had dark chocolate with huckleberry covered pretzels! SOOO good! I don't discriminate with my chocolate- I like all colors! :D Since I am out of my pretzels, I might just have to make something yummy... cupcakes!? ;)

SeattleSheri and IntenseMagic like this.
  3. morgyns

morgyns Well-Known Member

I am not a big sweet tooth either, but I do love chocolate. The darker the better - usually 85-90% for me. If am I really honest I would admit to eating a few squares of chocolate right now (it’s currently 6:30am)....

IntenseMagic likes this.
  4. SharLamb

SharLamb I should have been a Supreme

Favorite? Costco sells (or used to back when I was buying milk chocolate) a milk chocolate+caramel+macadamia nut candy that would seriously be worth starting a war over! But we are low-carb people now, so only have the occasional square of VERY dark chocolate (it really IS good for you!). Never used to think white chocolate was even chocolate, but then I discovered (again, Costco) their white chocolate macadamia nut cookies, and fell in love. Most of the time chocolate milkshakes are a disappointment...not choclately/cocoa-y enough, but a few places (Culver’s) know how to do it! Death by Chocolate? Sigh. Chocolate brownies.......aaaaahhhhhh. You get it. I love chocolate, and only abstain because I feel so much better being off carbs/sugar. I hear from some people who change to this lifestyle that you eventually don’t crave the carbs/sugar/chocolate any more. That has not been true for me in 2+ years of abstaining.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  5. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Do you love chocolate? Absolutely!

Milk? Dark? White? I love all forms, but milk chocolate is my favorite

Will you celebrate? Right now, we only have Dove dark chocolate, and I might indulge after dinner.

Do you have a favorite chocolate treat? I love a chocolate frosty from Wendy's. I love brownies. Cream cheese chocolate icing. Chocolate covered strawberries. I haven't met many chocolate treats that I haven't liked. LOL

6. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Do you love chocolate? Who doesn't?
    Milk? Dark? White? Dark is my go to. Milk chocolate is okay. Cannot stand white chocolate.
    Will you celebrate? I should...
    Do you have a favorite chocolate treat?? Mint chip ice cream.

As a side note, if the chocolate is super intense, my mouth goes numb. I'm sure I've got a food allergy of some sort.

7. IntenseMagic

Ummm yummm!! Those pretzels sound so good! And the answer is always yes to cupcakes!

Wish I had some to snack on, this thread is making me hungry lol

Dark chocolate with caramel is probably my favorite. Riesen candies are one of my all time favs! Brownies rate right up there, too! I'm pretty much ok with not having most sugar/sweets, but man, carbs are my weakness.

Ooh I really like Dove dark chocolate! And yes, I agree, there aren't many chocolate treats that aren't good.

Mint chip is my absolute favorite ice cream of all time! And I'm with ya on the white chocolate..no way.

gonewiththewind and mcurtt like this.
  8. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Do you love chocolate? I still enjoy it, but I wouldn't list in in my top 10 favorite foods.

Milk? Dark? White? Dark.

Will you celebrate? No, I'm only just hearing about this from this thread, at 9 p.m. However, if it were a law to celebrate holidays, I'd be okay, because there happened to be chocolate chips in the ice cream I ate this afternoon. :giggle I suppose I could eat another bowl . . .

Do you have a favorite chocolate treat?? I like trail mix with chocolate chips in it.

IntenseMagic and SeattleSheri like this.
  9. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Well, even though I didn't see this thread on the proper date, I'm happy to announce that I celebrated chocolate day anyway! :giggle I sometimes keep a bag of Dove dark chocolate with caramel centers in my desk drawer at home. When I get a sweet craving I will have a couple of those and I'm satisfied... plus them being in my desk drawer keeps them out of sight, out of mind (for the most part). Then I actually still have a treat when I want one without my hubby or kids eating them all in the first minute. Lol!

10. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

I missed world Chocolate day??? WAH!!!!!

I love Milk Chocolate and White Chocolate. I"m not a dark chocolate person at all.

11. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

How did I miss Chocolate day!!! Do I get a do over?!?

I love all things chocolate but chocolate cake with chocolate icing is a bit too much. I know blasphemy!!

Trying to decide what my favorite chocolate treat is....
    I do enjoy a chocolate cake shake from Portillos. The shake part makes the chocolate cake part not sooo chocolate.

Also love a good chocolate and bacon bar. I had one in Vegas once and it was wonderful. Also had some dark chocolate that had cayenne in it and that was really good too!

12. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Shock, horror but I am not a chocolate fan at all really - might have something with a bit of chocolate on or in it occasionally but maybe only a few times a year will I have something that’s just chocolate

IntenseMagic likes this.
  13. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

I love a good dark chocolate. One time our neighborhood women's club had a chocolate buyer come in and present (yes, he brought samples). Did you know that they taste chocolate sort of like you do wine? And yes, chocolate from different areas of the world have different tones (or hints of taste) - things like blueberry, smoke, earthy, etc.

look at it - what colors does it have?
    break it - does it have a nice snap?
    sniff it - initial tones?
    savor - put a small piece on your tongue and press it to the roof of your mouth and let it melt - what tones to do you get?
    swallow - any different tones as it goes down?

If I am eating a $5 bar of some special kind, I will do the taste test. Otherwise, I just pop those Dove chocolates right in. My family knows to buy me dark chocolate which I hide in the pantry.

My greatest chocolate disappointment was when my pantry got pantry moths and they laid eggs on my chocolate stash, which was in a ziploc bag. I even "cried" a little bit when I had to throw out the huge Costco sized bag of chocolate chips for the same reason.

14. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

I missed this thread yesterday, but...

Do you love chocolate? Yes!
    Milk? Dark? White? The darker the better. Milk or white chocolate isn't worth it to me.
    Will you celebrate? Even though I didn't know it was world chocolate day I did have some dark chocolate chips yesterday.
    Do you have a favorite chocolate treat?? I love a good warm chocolate brownie with some ice cream. But almost every day I have peanut butter with some dark chocolate. My fave!

15. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Dark chocolate rather than milk choc or white chocolate for me. I buy a few protein bars with choc and peanuts in them which is my usual go-to snack but sometimes I buy a Lilly's chocolate bar but they are so expensive that I don't buy them often. I don't eat any other choc bars b/c they all have sugar in them. Lilly's is the only one I have found with stevia.

My fave choc dessert is a paleo-friendly chocolate brownie bar I make and freeze for single portions.

16. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

I can’t look - dieting again!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  17. SeattleSheri

SeattleSheri Movers, cleaners, great hair. I'm a socialite!

I'll admit it, I pretty much each chocolate daily (or least several times a week), but in moderation. Sometimes I'll just have a small square from a bar or a few chocolate chips. I love chocolate with peanut butter! I like dark and milk equally. I don't hate white chocolate, but I don't love it either. I don't really understand why it's classified as chocolate. The only thing it has in common with its darker counterparts is consistency, lol. The flavor profile is so different!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  18. IntenseMagic

Yes, trail mix is awesome! I love the sweet and salty combination!

So happy to hear you celebrated! :giggle
    I love Dove dark chocolate with caramel! I'd probably have to keep them a little farther away, though haha.

You can always celebrate late! Any day makes for a good Chocolate day!!

You most certainly can have a do over! I'm not a huge fan of chocolate cake with chocolate icing..it's a little much for me. My fav is chocolate cake with cream cheese icing!
    My favorite shake is chocolate peanut butter from a local place...mmmmmmmm :)

I know a couple of people who aren't big fans of chocolate, not many, but a couple...so you're not alone :)

Oh wow!! A chocolate tasting would be sooo cool!! But yeah, I'd cry at throwing out the chocolate, too!!

One of my favorite snacks is dark chocolate chips and peanut butter! Yum!!

I had no idea that there were chocolate bars with stevia! Wow!
    Oooh would you share the recipe for the chocolate brownie bar?

:giggle:sorry

Yep, the chocolate peanut butter combination is my fav!

19. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

I bought a $10(!) chocolate bar on Friday. I wish I'd known about Natl Chocolate Day...it would have been an excuse to buy another one! (It's a fair-trade bar and I was on vacation and DH encouraged me to get it cuz he wanted to buy an even more expensive treat lol). Not that I need to justify my spending lol, but that is more than I usually spend on a chocolate bar.
    My fave is dark chocolate, like between 65% and 75%. I also love basically anything Reese's, so would a PB-infused treat count as a NCD celebration lol?

20. Heidi Nicole

Heidi Nicole Well-Known Member

Can't believe I missed this! I love chocolate!

That being said, it's not my favorite dessert... but a piece of really dark chocolate with really good coffee is just the absolute best!