Childhood

Discussion in 'Journaling and Storytelling' started by bestcee, Mar 3, 2017.

1. Mylinn

Mylinn What's that old bat up to now??

2. Li Li Wee

Li Li Wee I create my imagination

3. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

4. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

I have quiet a lot of pages done about childhood, and yes, Sarita always asked from an early age... I should now get on with a proper "boom of wisdom" for her about what to work on changing for the future more than remembering the past...but she has mentioned she wants her year books finished (when I started I had told her I would go till 16 years old, I stopped half way on 8th... so much to scrap, so little organization!!!!!!

5. MrsPeel

6. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

7. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

you are ahead of me that is for sure! i would love to put together a yearbook for each of my kids - but am at a loss for how to even tackle something like that. seems overwhelming! i commend you for getting through to 8yrs!

[​IMG]

MrsPeel likes this.
  8. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

9. MrsPeel

ohhh it was when I first discovered scrap booking, an online program, all was free ALL- It was on beta testing so for a good year or so everything was free...then they started charging but it was a weird method, not kits, you bought from inside the program and you could buy separate stickers (elements) or papers.you culd up to 50 pages in one "scrapblog" and then they would play as a video... it was when I started to have to spend more time in bed, Sarita was in school and had gazillions of after school activities which I would drive her too but I had a lot and I mean a LOT of time.....
    Not sure if this will work for you to see (I am so so very proud of these, even though I would probably cringe with some of the pages today LOL)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][/QUOTE]

10. MrsPeel

forgot to bring Bart that is in need of loving!!!!

[​IMG]

LoveItScrapIt likes this.
  11. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

12. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

@MrsPeel no cringing! those are adorable! did you do a book for each year??? (i'm thinking 1 book each - i am so bad at big projects - they overwhelm me!)

MrsPeel likes this.
  13. MrsPeel

Jenn, yes, 1 boo per year until the 7th & 8th... it was because up to then, I had taken photos of the photos (we were on paper photos until 2005 actually) long story... but I only have ONE kid..... and at the time she was 10 or 11 when I ended up printing them....I also am these days no good with big projects, but I have been thinking maybe at least make 9th & 10th years, so it is a "round" number? I may try get it together!!!!!

jenn mccabe likes this.
  14. busywoman139

busywoman139 Wish and hope and ... poof! There it is!

MrsPeel likes this.
  15. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I wish I had written down stories my mom would tell me about years past, about us and our relatives. I don't have a lot of memories of my childhood and not a lot of photos. It makes me sad. But I should try to scrap with the photos I do have and write the stories as best I can.

jenn mccabe, busywoman139 and MrsPeel like this.
  16. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

I did this awesome all about me class at scrapaneers- it had prompts & many were about my childhood- I had it printed out as a book & my kids & husband love it. It's a little deeper than I go on most of my ct layouts or any of the layouts I post online. It turned out SO great though. Like you- I never realized they were stories the kids would want to hear... ;)

busywoman139 and MrsPeel like this.
  17. MrsPeel

Sarah, no, I did find Smilebox but right after that, I think it was two weeks after, a friend who was blogging at the same site that was more like a community than blogging, showed me to this place , it was called ScrapBlog. They sold to MixBook.... Smilebox was the very first actually, you just reminded me!!! but it was restrictive.
    When ScrapBlog was sold to Mixbook (and I didn't really like it there) I bought Scrapbook Max and for over a year was great, the I found Craft Artist which was called Digital Scrapbook Artist.... still scrap on Craft Artist Professional 1 by Serif....not sure how long for though, is on my old iMac and is wanting to give up :(
    @busywoman139

busywoman139 likes this.
  18. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

Bart was a polly once... hehe

[​IMG]

19. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

20. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

I can't believe I have missed this thread until now! Thanks to Robyn's (@rchansen) fb group, I've started scrapping some of my childhood photos. I want to get the stories down while I still remember what was going on and while my parents are still around to help with the details.

Here are some of my recent ones...

[​IMG]
    *I need to edit the journaling on this one, because I talked to my dad after I was done with this layout and got more details to add. I didn't realize what determined when Cindy went back to the neighbors' farm... apparently my dad didn't make a gate for the pen he made, so Cindy went back when he could no longer lift her over the fence. And I learned that we had a hoof print on our hall floor from one of her trips into our house!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think part of this has been spurred by my parents cleaning out my grandmother's house. So many photos with no labels or stories recorded. I would love to know the stories behind those photos, but I'm afraid they're probably all lost.

mcurtt and busywoman139 like this.