chick lit books?

Discussion in 'Reading Pad' started by AlliJ2008, Jul 10, 2011.

1. AlliJ2008

AlliJ2008 Downsizing!

Does anyone read any of the chick lit style books? I can't think of what else to call them... I just finished an easy to read but interesting book called The Fixer Upper by Mary Kay Andrews. She has a new one out called Summer Rental that I have on my to-read list.

I also like most of the books I have read by Jill Mansell. They are usually easy to read & funny.

Any others you guys recommend?

2. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

I'm a big fan of Jodi Picoult. I used to be a lot more into the chick lit, but I've really found myself drawn to books with more "substance" lately. I'm not sure how else to describe it, but I tend to prefer books that make me think, instead of books that let me escape.

3. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

until recently, my reading time had completely disappeared into busy days of raising three small children. now they are finally self-sufficient enough to play and entertain themselves, go potty without assistance, etc, i have rediscovered my reading time. so far though, i've read a few series, not much else. so i don't have much of an opinion on this really. i guess i'd have to give it a go to see what i thought.

4. Cristina

Cristina Handmade with love, actually

I've read a few books by Emily Giffin recently and enjoyed them (Something Borrowed is the first one). I'll have to look into the ones you suggested, Alli!

5. Brynn Marie

Brynn Marie Brynn Marie

I am a big Jennifer Weiner and Jane Green fan. I think I have read everything both of those ladies have written.