Cheap/affordable way to print/keep albums?

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by kelley, Feb 28, 2015.

1. kelley

kelley Gets excited over little green things.

I have SO many pages (as in probably 600-700) that are not printed. I really want them printed and in albums for the kids and family to be able to look through. I'm at a loss on what is the best way to do it though - I don't have a lot of money. I was printing at Persnickety in 8x8 size and then putting them in pioneer albums. However, I just don't know if that will work because of how many I have. This is also what has been keeping me from taking up Project Life - I just don't know how I'd organize.

How do you keep yours? I'm especially interested if you are someone who has hundreds upon hundreds LOL! I'm at the point where I feel like putting them into regular 8x11 3-ring binders, but I know that won't look great.

2. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

I always wait until shutterfly has a coupon and then I print them into books for specific events. I really need to start printing earlier than that though. I have about as many random pages that you mentioned. I will be keeping my eye on this thread.

3. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

Kelley: when I was doing my mixture of Project 365 with 52 weeks (which involved many more pages...) I found a company called PhotoBox- they are the cheapest in Europe, and I'm quiet sure they are in the USA
    I did it with them as they have 8x8 spiral bind books for £14 up to 32 pages, which is VERY cheap for us here-

I know Shutterfly & My pic Tales have constantly given coupons out but for me the delivery charges were killers....
    but I'm quiet sure you can find the coupons for you very often, I ll try get you some codes-
    Will be back here as soon as I found something out :)

4. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

I do bound books. I like to print in order but I'd rather have them printed at all than not, and one of them is just random pages. They take up less space than binders and (IMO) they look nicer.

5. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

I print through shutterfly and I use a combination of sales and coupons to get the best deal before printing. I printed over 300 pages worth of layouts last year. I do project life so mine are all in order... but I'm thinking about printing a book of random layouts that I did years ago and never printed. The thought of a random album used to bother me, but now having it printed and out into the world overrides that issue. :-)

6. jenevang

jenevang Rocking a two-piece under my scrubs

I print individual pages. I buy print credits at PP when they are on sale and just breath deeply. Then I print once a quarter and if I happen to have more pages than credits, I wait until the next sale to print those. Yes, even with the sale it $1.50 a page, but so worth it IMO and once you are caught up, it's not that much to STAY caught up.

If you haven't printed ANY, you will want to start small-ish and print what you can afford. You can do them the way I do and put in albums or buy books when they are 50% off (sort of often). I suspect the cost would be similar when it's said and done. And it's true that the pre-printed books take up less space. I print individually for a few reasons... 1. I can put them in any order I choose, although they usually go in randomly and 2. my kids can split them up easier later on if they want to. Unsure if anyone will care once I'm gone, but you never know :giggle

7. PLM

PLM I know there's something in the wake of your smile

I also wait untill there is discount on Albelli...

8. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I too do Shutterfly with coupons. I only started printing 3 years ago, and I had 8 years of digital pages done...I did one book with 100! I love the thinkness..but not the price. So I began doing smaller. I broke into 4 times a year (with a book for summer and Christmas)...so I usually have at least 6 books a year.
    I sat with my hubby, and we discussed the cost. Back in the days when dinosaurs roamed the earth, I would take photos with film, and send it off to be developed. The cost was ridiculous! So if I spend $40 on a book every few months it is well worth it.
    They are looked at again and again and again. I love them, cringe at the mistakes...laugh at typos, and love the pages!
    I can not stress to someone who hasn't printed a bound book...give it a whirl, enjoy the results!

9. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I'm another Shutterfly printer. I just scrap along until I have around 100 pages finished in order and then I print. I ALWAYS wait for a good coupon and then I've always gotten free shipping. It's usually around $1 per page (at the 12x12 size) or less with coupons and free shipping. The only down side is that you can't rearrange after it's printed, but the I don't care at all. The books take up less space on the shelf and are cheaper than buying an album, page protectors and printing the layouts.

10. dvhoward

dvhoward Don't bother me before 10am!

I've been going individual pages when Scrapping Simply or PP has a sale. I put them in album with page protectors. They do take a lot of space, but like Jen, I figure my kids will divide them up when I'm gone.

11. lcpereyra

lcpereyra You won't believe my blue streak!

I buy credits when persnickety prints has a sale and then I use them later. I like to use the d-ring albums as I don't scrap chronologically, but really like (obsessively need) my pages to be in order in my albums. So I reassemble my pages in my albums every time I print (about twice a year). I like to make things difficult, lol.