Changes...

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Heidi Nicole, May 16, 2019.

1. Heidi Nicole

Heidi Nicole Well-Known Member

You ever go through long stretches of life where not a lot changes... at least no BIG changes?

Well, the past decade has been a little like that for us.

NOW -- my step son is graduating from high school on Sunday... my husband applied for a job that will have him traveling 80% of the time (so excited for him!)… and if he is offered said job, we will need to move to a city (likely St. Louis - YAY!!!).

So, I'm so excited for all these changes, but wow... so overwhelming! I'll have to find a new job myself (I'm a radiation therapist), but since this will be a better paid position for him, I may choose to work a little less and have a little more time to scrapbook! *fingers crossed*

So, if anyone wants to send up some prayers, we'd take them! He will have a second interview this week, but I have a good feeling!

Thanks for listening! xx

KarenB, bellbird, QuiltyMom and 2 others like this.
  2. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

Prayers for your family.

3. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Sending good job vibe thoughts to you and your family.

4. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

prayers for your family Heidi :)

5. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Best to you and definitely prayers. Life is full of change- sometimes barely noticeable,and other times sudden. Change= growth!

6. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Good luck! It's always interesting when life makes sudden big changes. More time to scrapbook would be lovely!

7. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

You have my prayers and best wishes, Heidi. Changes are always scary but can be soooo fabulous! My youngest daughter and grandson moved to Kansas City, and she has grown to love Missouri (though she’ll always be a Texan at heart...LOL). Let us know how it goes. Big hugs, my dear! @Heidi Nicole

8. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

How exciting!
    Definitely. We have been in our house for 19 years now, which is not a big deal for me because my parents still live in the same house where I grew up, but it's longer than my husband has ever lived anywhere. And we've had quieter years and years with more upheaval.
    Good luck!

9. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Sending up positive thoughts! It sounds like these are all good changes, even if they are a bit surprising (well, the graduation was planned all along lol, but the job/move is more of a surprise). Anyway, good luck to all and congrats to the grad!

10. Heidi Nicole

Heidi Nicole Well-Known Member

Thanks ladies!! You guys are the best xx

11. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Oh yes, I've experienced this! Some periods of quiet and others of chaos!

Praying for you and your family as y'all grow these changes!

12. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

This time of year seems to be teeming with changes. We are going through a bunch right now too.

I'm so excited for your family's new adventures. My hubby travels a lot for work too and sometimes it's hard, but sometimes it definitely means more time for scrappin... YAY! I hope everything goes smoothly and the new job and new city are wonderful changes for you both.

13. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Thoughts and prayers for all the upcoming big changes! Exciting and a overwhelming, I'm sure!

14. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Wow! Yep sometimes everything happens at once! Let us know how he goes & I'll keep my fingers crossed til then - more scrap time sounds wonderful!

15. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Sounds very exciting! Change sometimes is a good thing!

Big season of change for us: Oldest son is getting married in 3 weeks. Second son just graduated from college last week - moved home and is supposed to be looking for a job. Daughter is graduating from high school, working on her Girl Scout Gold award, and headed off to college in the fall. Hubby is supposed to hear in the next couple of weeks if he is laid off or not. Meanwhile, I am threading water - and scrapping.

16. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

Heidi.... thank you for sharing all that is happening right now for you. I hope that it all turns out well for your whole family.

17. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

Yep, best wishes to you and your hubby, exciting times ahead.

18. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Wow! Lots a exciting things happening for you! Congrats to the graduate and good luck to your hubby in his 2nd interview! :)

19. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Prayers for sure to you Heidi as your life changes A Lot! Go with the flow...even when it's bumpy and swirly at times.