Challenge Guidelines

Discussion in 'July 2018 Challenges' started by mrs2a50, Jun 30, 2018.

1. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

The Lilypad provides 8 challenges a month for you to participate in, and uses a percent system for your rewards; the number of challenges you participate in determines the store discount you will receive at the end of the month:

2 challenges = 10% off
    4 challenges = 20% off
    6 challenges = 30% off

If you complete 7 or more challenges, you will receive a coupon for 30% off, plus you will be entered to win a $50 gift certificate to the Lilypad!

Since we have 8 challenges total, this allows you to skip one challenge if it just doesn't suit your style and still be eligible for the gift certificate. You can, of course, complete all 8 challenges if you want, but it won't increase your rewards for that month, other than you've completed an extra page!

The first 7 challenges will be posted on the first of the month; the 8th challenge is the BYOC challenge, which is posted on BYOC release day (first Friday of the Month). Challenge layouts must contain 75% TLP product (eligible product can be current or retired product from resident designers, or guest designer product that is currently in the TLP store). BYOC challenge layouts must have 90% current BYOC product from the current month's BYOC. Each page counts for one challenge (you cannot use one layout for multiple challenges).

All challenge layouts must be posted in the TLP gallery listing the product used for your pages, and must be completed by midnight eastern time on the last day of the month.

You should post your challenge pages each month in the Challenge Layouts thread. There should only be one post per participant in this thread. After you post your first challenge, please edit that post to add each additional challenge page you complete. At the end of the month, this thread will be closed and you will be contacted with a coupon code for your discount. Only one post per person will be tallied, so please do not post multiple times in this thread. In order to make tallying easier, we also ask that this thread be used only for posting challenge pages; please do not comment on the pages in the layout thread, but feel free to go to the gallery to leave some love!

Throughout the month, as I see people finishing the challenges, I will move your post to a "Finished Challenges" thread so I can tally the finishers throughout the entire month instead of just at the end. Please do not move your own post over when you've completed the challenges.

Coupons are sent via conversation by the 15th of the month after the challenges close.

If anyone has any questions, please let us know!

2. dagi

dagi Aiming high

I am not sure.. Can templates from non TLP designers be used for the challenges?

3. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

@dagi I am sure I read somewhere that a template counts as 25% so I assume to use a template from a non TLP designer should be okay for a challenge if everything else comes from a current TLP Designer.

dagi likes this.
  4. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Hi Dagi! :)
    You just have to meet the challenge guidelines. So, yes, other store templates would be allowed for certain challenges, but wouldn't count toward that 75% minimum. :) Templates are valued at 15% (listed in the Galley Rules, top of Gallery page, right under the word "Gallery." They are on the smaller side.)

BYOC requires 90%, so an outside TLP Designer template would not work for that challenge.
    Template challenge would require the template provided be used, so a non-TLP Designer template would not work for that challenge also.

This should be listed under all monthly challenges - "As always, please remember the monthly challenge rules: Your page must contain at least 75% Lilypad product. Your page should be posted to the Lilypad Gallery and then linked to the July Challenge Layouts thread so it can be tracked, and to this thread."

A-M and dagi like this.
  5. dagi

dagi Aiming high

ok, so if the template is non TLP and the rest is TLP, I should be ok :). thank you ladies!

6. jk703

Yes, just not for the BYOC or Template Challenges. :P

7. dagi

dagi Aiming high

of course :giggle:luvya

jk703 likes this.
  8. burnbright

burnbright Active Member

With Amber LaBau retiring on July 25th, I am wondering if her products are acceptable for the challenges?

9. turtlebug

turtlebug Well-Known Member

How do you know she is retiring? I seem to be missing announcements.

10. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

It was in her newsletter. I think it may have been in the last Lilypad store news also.

11. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

It was in the Lilypad newsletter and Amber's newsletter.

12. jk703

I believe they would be usable for this month, since she is retiring toward the end, and it wasn't known before the challenges started. Come August, I don't believe so. Julie will be able to confirm! @mrs2a50

mrs2a50 and bestcee like this.
  13. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

@mrs2a50 Julie will come along and smack me if I'm wrong, but her products are fine for July challenges.

mrs2a50 likes this.
  14. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

Yes, it's fine to use Amber's product for July. After July, her product won't count since she will no longer be a resident designer.

bestcee likes this.
  15. burnbright

burnbright Active Member

Awesome. That is what I thought but I wanted to check.
    Her products are 50% off until July 25th. I am trying not to blow my budget. :)