Chalean Extreme

Discussion in 'Fit Pad' started by Angie4b1g, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

Has anyone tried this? It is by the makers of P90x, but supposed to be a little easier. I call it P90x for girls. :giggle

Anyway, I started yesterday. She kept saying you should do reps to failure, and that failure should occur between #10-12. Well, I only have 10lb weights as my heaviest ones, so I never got to "failure" with any of them. All day I was muttering "need heavier weights".

Today... OW!!!

My deltoids and butt HURT. Guess it works. LOL

Today I have to do it again, AND run (supposedly speedwork, we'll see how THAT goes).

2. stampin_rachel

stampin_rachel The Lost Spice Girl

I have never heard of that program, but I will be interested to see how it goes for you. Keep us posted.

3. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

I've never heard of it either but will now have to Google it. :)

4. Dana

Dana Dana

yep - going off to google it :)

and WTG angie - you are such a rock star!

5. Angie4b1g

I did my track workout and THEN the video and....

iDie

6. listgirl

listgirl listgirl

WTG Angie!

I am doing 30 Day Shred right now. But Todd has started P90X so I'll probably do that with him.

7. renee82

renee82 renee82

I have heard of it but never tried it... I have done some P90X as well as Insanity. I get bored quickly so I switch them up, but I get bored again. I think I'll check it out though. How long are the workouts, Angie?

8. Angie4b1g

IDK I've only done 2, but maybe like 35 min total?

9. javamonster

javamonster Rwaarrr!

I've heard of Chalean, but don't know much about it--only that, like Jillian Michaels, the program has a die-hard following and people swear by it.

Ten pound weights, Angie? Wow, doing some of those anterior squat lifting moves on L2 of 30Day Shred KILL me with only three pound weights! You're a hulk! Go green, girl!

10. MandaKay

MandaKay Loyal as they come.

I have done a the complete p90X program all the way thru - without missing one suggested workout, and as soon as I move into our new home and have our workout room set up I NEED to do it again. I have been so slack at working out since we sold our home. :( I have not heard of the Chalean workout, but WAY to GO Angie!!! Keep us posted with how you like it!