CC Bugs/Glitchy fix!

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by amien1, Nov 18, 2018.

1. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

Hey gals! I just thought I'd share my customer support experience so someone else doesn't have to take the time to do it! ;)

Since the last update- I had a few glitches/bugs- especially with layers disappearing & shadows showing up weird despite normal settings in the effects panel. After about an hour with adobe support- we figured out what was causing the problem!

Under Edit -> Preferences -> Performance

In the Options space- there is a little checkbox for "Legacy Compositing" which gets UNCHECKED with the update. Checking that little box fixed ALL my problems! :D

Capture.JPG

Sara, Kat, bestcee and 4 others like this.
  2. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I'm so glad you posted this! I was coming here to do the same. I was super frustrated last night because my shadows were suddenly all wonky! I found the workaround while searching this morning. Here's a link to some of the other known issues and their workarounds: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/known-issues.html

KellyM and amien1 like this.
  3. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

I found that link too! This community rocks! :D

KellyM and cfile like this.
  4. rdjrneace

rdjrneace Following the yellow brick road on foot

Thanks so much Amie, I was so frustrated yesterday with my shadows being so weird looking that I just quit a layout.

5. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Thanks Amie.. I will let Kathy Black know.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
  6. cfile

Amie @amien1 I wasn't having that problem that everyone else experienced. I just checked and my legacy compositing was already checked. Thanks too, to Jan @IntenseMagic, for the list of known glitches... I don't like the transform tool now.. I go to rotate and before I am done, it automatically sets it.. so I have to redo again. The biggest problem I have had the last few updates as I can no longer scan through Photoshop or PSE... Import>WIA I get error messages and Adobe has not fixed it in any of the recent updates. I have to scan directly from my laptap in Windows and then open the scanned photo to use in Photoshop!

amien1 likes this.
  7. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

I hadn't updated CC yet - getting ready to soon. I appreciate you sharing this Amie! Those glitchy things drive me crazy and really do waste time trying to figure them out!

Thanks for heads up on transform tools issues Christa - if they do fix it soon, will you update? Also I didn't even know you could scan through PS!

cfile likes this.
  8. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I haven't been on over the weekend... but good to know!

One question... does CC automatically update? Where do I check that? I never have a clue if it has or hasn't!

9. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

Thanks for these answers!

10. cfile

The scan is through the import> WIA .. I am on windows and that is always how I scanned :( it is a problem for a while now.

Re the rotate, I will... right now it just irritates me re the transform tool... it was fine before... I have no idea why thy think click outside of your workpace to commit is faster than click with your mouse to commit things. LOL now it is just annoying all the way around... re resizing etc... oh well it is something i will need to get used to.

The Content aware is way better in the update :)

KellyM and jenn mccabe like this.
  11. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

Thank you so much for the fix for the wonky shadows. I was so frustrated that I went back to Photoshop CC 2018.

IntenseMagic, amien1 and cfile like this.
  12. cfile

if you look in the photo shop adobe apps it will tell you if you need to do any updates:
    upload_2018-11-19_11-16-5.png

If you have updates needed, where the one item for my screen shows install it will say update for you to click on next to PS CC and LR

amien1 and jk703 like this.
  13. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Glad you figured it out! And thanks for sharing.

amien1 likes this.
  14. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I had done the same because I didn't have time to fool with it Saturday night when it was giving me fits. Updates are a pain sometimes!

cfile, amien1 and HeatherB like this.
  15. dailydwelling

dailydwelling Confidently cooking and creating

Thank you so much for posting this!!! I was getting so frustrated with my shadows last night and could not figure out what was going on.

cfile and amien1 like this.
  16. Oldenmeade

Oldenmeade Well-Known Member

So thoughtful of you to post that here @amien1. I didn't even connect the problem with the CC update. Thanks a bunch xx

amien1 and cfile like this.
  17. bjc

bjc Trophy Wife

this has been helpful . thank you. i had been having wonky transforming with cc 20

cfile and amien1 like this.
  18. cfile

YAY!!! :) Glad Amie's post could help!

19. janedee

janedee Is a craft project ever really finished?

Thanks so much @amien1. I have only just switched to PS from Elements so I had no idea what was going on with my shadows!

amien1 and bestcee like this.
  20. iciclelady

iciclelady Active Member

Thank you SO much for posting this. I couldn't figure out why my shadow styles were looking so awful!

bestcee and amien1 like this.