Can you scrap using your trackpad?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by strawberryredhead, Feb 22, 2013.

1. strawberryredhead

strawberryredhead Tacos, tostadas, tamales, OH MY!

I'm visiting Lisa (aka lkane12673) for a couple of days and I forgot my mouse at home. :thumbsdowns She has a couple old extras laying around but I can't get the feel of any of them, so I've been trying to scrap with the trackpad on my laptop and it just isn't working for me. It made me wonder how many of you, if any, use your trackpad when you scrap.

2. penelope

penelope New Member

I use my trackpad exclusively! I scrap on my laptop squished into a corner of the couch, so there's nowhere to rest a mouse anyway LOL

3. strawberryredhead

lol Penelope - I scrap on the couch, too but I have this lap desk that has a spot for the mouse. I'm going to keep trying. We're snowed it and it's the perfect opportunity for scrapping.

4. Kim Gehring

Kim Gehring It's all about the 3-Cs: coffee, caramel, claw

I have an iMac and will only use the track pad. Even though my computer isn't a laptop, I still prefer the track pad over a mouse that I have to slide all over my desktop. It does take some getting used to though. Maybe you could go into the mouse settings and tweak them until it feels like your regular mouse? Just a thought.

5. strawberryredhead

Kim did it take you a long time to get used to using the trackpad?

6. Kim Gehring

Kim Gehring It's all about the 3-Cs: coffee, caramel, claw

No, it didn't take me long to get used to it.

7. Ink and Pixels

Ink and Pixels Active Member

I am terrible with a track pad! It's like I'm using an etch a sketch just can't do it. :(

8. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

Yep. Never used anything else. I just didn't want to have another "thing" to haul around with me.

9. KateD

KateD Member

It's funny, I didn't have an easy time with the trackpad on my laptop. When I got my MacBook Pro it didn't come with a mouse, so I tried the trackpad and found that I have an easier time with it than I did with the mouse. I'm not sure if it's that much different from the one on my PC or if I just didn't give the one on my PC a chance because I could use the mouse.

10. julia

julia julia

I only use my trackpad wen I scrap, or use my computer in general.

11. Lynnette

Lynnette In my life, I've loved them all

Me too. I used a mouse for a while right after I got my laptop, but I sort of just stopped, not even really on purpose. Haven't used a mouse in years!

12. seicajs

seicajs New Member

I used to scrap with my track pad, but then I got a Wacom tablet, and now I can't go back. I even use it to surf the web half the time!

13. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

I haven't used a mouse at home in 5+ years. I find it cumbersome to use other people's computers with mice since I keep having to move my hand back and forth from the keyboard to the mouse.

14. blinks14

blinks14 The wine made me do it!

I have a macbook pro. All I ever use is the trackpad. I have gotten so used to it that I wouldn't even think about using a mouse. Plus on the Mac it has all these awesome gestures you can use to scroll and zoom in.

15. scrappup32

scrappup32 Currently starring in Hoarders: Digi Disarray

I also only use the trackpad on my Macbook Pro. I tried using a plug-in mouse a few times and it felt SO strange!!

16. bderby

bderby No, I will not tell you what "merde" means!

I mostly scrap on my laptop in the recliner, so I have only used my trackpad for years now.

17. rmcabana

rmcabana Hit me with your best shot

I used a track pad pretty exclusively. Even when I plug in my tablet, I still use the pad and forget to use the pen!

18. strawberryredhead

I have a Macbook Pro, too and do find myself switching to it for gestures, but still can't seem to use it exclusively. I ended up buying another mouse today. :/

19. kim21673

kim21673 I'm slowly getting there!

I am a mouse girl...when I got my first laptop I didn't use a mouse for scrapping at all....and then I got a mouse and can't go back to the pad. If I am scrapping in bed or on the couch I have a tray that my laptop and mouse fits on.

20. Roboliver

Roboliver I feel right at home at the Glitter Gulch!

Only the trackpad for me as well. You get used it. I used to be able to only use a mouse. No more.