Can I permenantly load brushes in PSE 18?

Discussion in 'Help Pad' started by quietgirl, Sep 22, 2018.

1. quietgirl

quietgirl Active Member

I just upgraded to 18 from PSE 9. I had a few of my favorite brushes loaded in that program. I cannot figure out how to do it in PSE 18. Does anyone know how?

2. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

If you use the Load Brush feature, they only load for that session. To add them permanently you have to put them in the correct file folder. Quote from a FB group on PSE that I am in:

"The brush (abr file) must be installed into the presets of the software to be permanent. Go to C- Program Files or Program Files (x86) and find "Adobe" - open and find the version of PSE you are using - click on it and go to presets - brushes - drag your brush here. Once the brush is there, you will need to open the program again to see it. I would suggest only putting in your favorites or ones that go to a style or action so you aren't scrolling through tons of brushes." by Barbara Hewitt

Last edited: Sep 22, 2018
    bellbird likes this.
  3. NBK-Design

NBK-Design Designer

Just wanted only pop here in.
    Please never throw away your ordered files. Even when you have placed them in the preferences folder. It can always something happen and you can loose those „installed“ files

Nicole | NBK-Design ❤️

BevG and bellbird like this.