Cameo Help?

Discussion in 'Hybrid Pad' started by Karen, Mar 1, 2021.

1. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Hey Cameo peeps? I need help! Lol! I have the original Silhouette Portrait (the 8.5 x 11) cutter. I want to make a 12 x 12 stencil, so my friend let me borrow her Cameo. I installed the software on my main computer (not my craft room old computer) and when I opened the software and pulled in my .png that I created in Photoshop, it's coming in HUGE! When I do the same thing in with my Portrait it comes in the size it's supposed to relative to the 8.5 x 11 grid on the screen. Anyone know what setting I have wrong?

Also... I haven't updated my Silhouette software on my old computer in years because it's working and I'm too worried that an update will screw things up. When did they add the auto trace for .png files? That's so awesome!

bellbird likes this.
  2. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Well I figured out how to get it to come in the correct size. In my old software I'd just drag the .png in from a file explorer and it would come in the correct size. I watched a YouTube video and a lady was using a .png and she imported it into her library first and then opened it that way. When I did that, my file came in the correct size. Weird, but it worked! I have a feeling there is SO much more to this software that I don't even use. :giggle

bellbird and londoncuppa like this.
  3. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Huh. I didn't know that! I always have them come in huge, and just change the dimensions to what I want. I'm going to try the import way next time!

bellbird likes this.