Calendars!!

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by abandy, Nov 3, 2012.

1. abandy

abandy abandy

Ok friends, it's that time again! I know there are a ton of calendar templates in the shop right now (I'm a big fan of Liz's calendars!)

But how many calendars do you give out as gifts? How do you "format them"? Do you do the ones that people can "flip"? Or do you do the photo print type ones? Poster prints?

Where do you print your calendars?

I would love feedback and your thoughts and trials and awesome thoughts and perspective!

2. MandaKay

MandaKay Loyal as they come.

I always print a 8 1/2x11 one for my mother-in-law, fully customized because she uses it as her main calendar and needs to be able to write things in it. Scarpping Simply does a great job of calendars and binding for that type! I love the looks of the smaller calendars, but I just don't use them. :(

3. gaylefengel

gaylefengel Only a grown up from 9-5

I have never done calendar toppers before, but I'm loving the ones from the FB hop. They make life SUPER easy! :)

4. amyjaz

amyjaz amyjaz

I'm going on year 4 of calendars-as-christmas-gifts. I print about 6 total. Grandmas and Grandpas get them, Great Grandma and Grandmas get them, and I print one for my family as well. The grandparents absolutely love them, and I think I'm probably stuck giving them as gifts until my kids are grown.

I always do the 8.5x11 calendar size, and I like to customize both the top and bottom portion. Most calendar printers only allow you to customize the top, so I searched around until I found someone that would print both. I finally found a place called BayPhotoLab.com that does both the top and bottom, and spiral binds it all together. I will definitely use them again this year.

5. Ana.Paula

Ana.Paula Ana.Paula

oh boy... i need to do a lot yet!
    but for now...

[​IMG]

6. dlhoffer

dlhoffer dlhoffer

kissed the frog

7. the3chickens

the3chickens Member

kissed the frog **foiled again

Last edited: Nov 5, 2012
  8. dlhoffer

dlhoffer dlhoffer

I love Liz's as well and have been doing those...but I might have to do a few with the toppers from the blog hop too...they are very cool!

9. Nikki Epperson

Nikki Epperson I'm really a spy.

I don't do calendars for my family, but I totally should!

10. Ana.Paula

Ana.Paula Ana.Paula

11. meganmecrazy

meganmecrazy Caution: Randomly Breaks Out into Show tunes

12. the3chickens

the3chickens Member

kissed the frog **not

Last edited: Nov 5, 2012
  13. stampin_rachel

stampin_rachel The Lost Spice Girl

I use vista print for my calendars. I have been gifting them for 4 years now. I get 10 printed (wall calendars) and then 2 desktop for DH and I at work. I have made them with both digital layouts and regular photos. I like the cleanliness of just using a large photo on each month page.

14. Ana.Paula

Ana.Paula Ana.Paula

15. bandgeek

bandgeek New Member

I usually do the customized bottoms and tops and they are 8 1/2 " x 11" with spiral binding. I give them as gifts to my parents and in-laws, plus one for ourselves. I printed at MyPicTales last year and I was very pleased with the quality of the calendars!

16. Ana.Paula

Ana.Paula Ana.Paula

17. Mi Monteiro

Mi Monteiro I shot that egg dead

18. Mi Monteiro

Mi Monteiro I shot that egg dead

19. lynning

lynning Makes wishes come true

I'm considering calendars as gifts this year... we're on a tighter than usual budget due to the engine in hubby's car giving up the ghost two weeks ago. Nothing like buying a new car when you're not in the market for one to set the budget on a good course for the remainder of the year. *bleh*