Calendar Workshop!

Discussion in 'Hybrid Pad' started by Valoriew, Sep 26, 2010.

1. Valoriew

Valoriew Valoriew

[​IMG]

Welcome to the Calendar Workshop!​

The new year is coming full speed and I know, for me, i want to be ahead to the game!
    Christmas too, if you can believe it, is actually just around the corner! ​

I thought it would be fun to get a head start on making my annual Calendar and Calendar Christmas presents and want to invite you to join along!

JOIN ME!

Here's the idea:

In the next 6 weeks, I want to make just 2 Calendar Month pages each week. By the middle of November, all 12 months will be complete and ready to make into a calendar or be ready to send off and get printed!

Let's inspire each other and ohh and ahh over everyone's creativity!​

Reserve you thread spot here and post your work weekly!

Here's my 2 pages, January and February. I just used my Make Your Own Calendar templates and different kits from the shop! As this is a work-in-progress, i haven't decided on my orientation yet! lol! I'm thinking of putting my calendar on a clip board, at least for my own personal use! Pictures of that to come...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's an inspiration board i put together to inspire you of the different ways others have made their handmade calendars....

[​IMG]

Amy Martin has some fabulous go-to Calendar Grids in the shop to make Calendar making even easier!

[​IMG]

And here's a link to the many ( and many more to come) Calendar Products in the store!

So who's with me?!​

Last edited: Oct 5, 2010
  2. shades of bliss

shades of bliss bolʹshie koshki

Here is my spot.

And god bless you woman for kicking me in the rear on this. It seems like I'm always waiting till the last minute. I will so be giving myself a pat on the back and enjoying my holidays more, with this done by November!!

I'll be back with pages :). Can't wait to see what everyone is doing. So much inspiration on your examples. LOVE

January Page one and two
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Credits: Credits: -Calendar Grids- by Amy Martin
    -Bundle Up- by Shabby Miss Jenn and Kate Hadefield
    -Today- by Lili Designs

Last edited: Sep 26, 2010
  3. Valoriew

Valoriew Valoriew

4. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I am SO in! I waited until REALLY late last year and it almost wasn't fun to do because I was in such a rush. Bless you for starting this! :) off to check out the goods in the shoppe.

Here's January finally! :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 10, 2010
  5. coco

coco coco

WOOT!!! love you for this idea Val :beat the same as Claire & Karen said i`m always so late with this and last year i was even to late to get the calendars printed for chistmas LooL

here is my spot :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 20, 2010
  6. alice

alice Member

Oh ! I'd love to join too ! If it's still ok ! I really want to do a calendar in advance to print out early and give as xmas present !

7. shades of bliss

You are in like Flynn Alice!

8. talktoheather

talktoheather The 102nd Dalmatian.

ooo. thanks for the push to get started! this is going to be great fun! here is my spot!

9. Brynn Marie

Brynn Marie Brynn Marie

10. eryn

eryn gross no longer

um...my spot! But I'm not guaranteeing nuffin! lol I've started and never finished too many!

11. Kelleanne

Kelleanne The One with Unagi

I have been debating back and forth about even starting this project. I have wanted to do this for the last three years and have yet to get it completed. BUT you've all inspired me to give it another go.

So here's my spot!!

12. lynning

lynning Makes wishes come true

I attempt to do this every year... never quite get it finished in time to give as gifts. This year has to be *different* right?!? So, here's my spot!

Question: Do I have to do the months in order? I'm inspired by the Halloween/Fall/Back to School kits right now.

13. this sounds fun! I hope to do it :) It would make great Christmas presents

14. rae_j

rae_j New Member

I generally make calendars for the family *most" years.... I am thinking of making a "birthday book" this year for something a bit different.

Time is pretty tight at the moment but maybe this will get me motivated... disciplined ... !!!

15. rae_j

rae_j New Member

I can't believe that was my first post ever at Lilypad! My hard drive is chokkas with Lilypad stuff!!! There ya go!

16. shades of bliss

Yay Rae J!! Glad you are joining in on the fun. I love the idea of a birthday book. I can't wait to see what you come up with.

17. tania

tania Clap Hands, Save Fairies

I tell myself all the time I want to do this, but I'm gonna do it this year!! Thanks for leading us on this Valorie!

Here's my spot.

18. Valoriew

Valoriew Valoriew

i am soooo excited you all are joining in!!! woohoo!!! seriously can't wait to see all your fab pages!!!!

oh, and of course! feel free to do any 2 months that inspires you!!! this is all about actually accomplishing our goal in plenty of time before Christmas!!!

19. mom2two

mom2two New Member

I'm going to give it a try, too! I've wanted to do a calendar for the past couple of years, but never seemed to get it done. Maybe this will be the year! :)

20. amoerler

amoerler Member

I too am in. I got mine done last year just in time, I was picking up the 4x6 ones I made from being printed two days before Christmas and still had to assemble. I made (2) 8.5 x11 and (3) CD size and (2) 4x6 size for Christmas gifts, with one of the 4x6 being for myself. I love making calendars.