BYOC Organization

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by littlekiwi, May 1, 2020.

Do you organise by designer or BYOC month?

1. Designer

7 vote(s)
    63.6%
  2. BYOC month

4 vote(s)
    36.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Just curious as I’m figuring out the best way to sort BYOC products. Do you categorise by designer or BYOC month?

Not sure I buy enough from each month to do it by BYOC month but if I organise by designer I don’t see the mix and match aspect which kind of defeats BYOC

2. CarolynJoyce77

CarolynJoyce77 Snozberries? Who ever heard of a snozberry?!

I know I find I have to go back into the store and see what products went with each months BYOC when I want to blend kits.

3. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

Actually I do both. I have a backup external drive and I place all the BYOC products together in a BYOC folder on it each month. Then, on my internal hard drive, I break up the kits into folders for each designer. It has come in handy over the years having it sorted two ways.

4. fruitysuet

fruitysuet Well-Known Member

I rename the product to include BYOCmmyy, eg this month I will add on BYOC0520 to the file name.

I keep all product in the designer folders and simply do a search in file explorer to bring up everything from the same month.

LeeAndra and tania like this.
  5. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

I organise all by folders by designer, but I include a tag for the BYOC month and year so I can easily find the other kits that mix and match when I'm scrapping.

6. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

I just use the store search. To be honest after doing the monthly byoc challenge I rarely think to combine them again.

7. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I definitely keep mine all together by month. I LOVE to be able to go back to a specific month and mix and match all the stuff together later if I have an topic I want to scrap and no theme really works and I just want a certain set of colors to use together. But, I get a LOT of BYOC stuff most months, so that really works for me.

HeatherB likes this.
  8. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

I'm the same as Karen, I organize by month and go back and mix and match when the colours suite my page. I love scrapping with BYOC products! I have some favourites that I'm drawn to over and over because of the colour scheme and the versatility of the products, like May and October from 2012 and September 2018 to name a few.

9. gracielou

gracielou Well-Known Member

When I was a Polly I would mix and match like crazy and had a huge stash of BYOC products each month so I always kept them organized in folders by that month. I’m not buying as much these days so now I keep them organized in folders by designer.

10. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

I don't organize by designer. I just have a (rather large lol) Kits folder. All BYOC kits go in there, in separate folders, just like the rest of my kits. BUT, and I think I've mentioned this somewhere else, I make a BYOC folder in which I keep shortcuts for that month's BYOC products. I title it "BYOC yyyy-mm." That way I can easily find ALL coordinating products--templates, styles, kits, etc--simply by going first to that folder. So I guess, technically, I organize by BYOC. :) If I have a lot of products, I put a shortcut to the BYOC folder into each product's folder. That way I can go straight from one BYOC product to the BYOC folder to find more coordinating products.

I also have a "misc" column in my Excel spreadsheet and I put BYOC yyyy-mm for all BYOC products. That way I can arrange the spreadsheet by that Misc column and all my coordinating BYOC products are arranged together.

11. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I organize by designer and tag as BYOC in Lightroom.

LOVE the idea of making a folder with shortcuts to BYOC products if you are just using Windows Explorer. Brilliant @Tree City !

Tree City likes this.
  12. Ga_L

Ga_L Well-Known Member

you have so many good ideas ladies. I organise my kit by designers

cfile likes this.
  13. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

I organize by designer and if I want to see what else mixed with it for byoc I just click on that in the store via BYOC..I scrap the month of the BYOC but after that I mix designer stuff all the time so that is why I leave it.. also some designers name with BYOC.. re Mirjam (PRD) she adds the numeric month in front of the file name for her BYOC product. I still just file and keep by designer. The FWP & Blog hop goodies I file under TLP collab and group by name ie: Ritual and then inside that folder group is Morning folder Afternoon folder and evening folder.

Whatever works for you is what you should do :)

14. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

I organize all of mine by designer adding month-year BYOC to each folder name. I also keep track in a document by month & year of all BYOC products purchased listing designer & kit name so that I can see what I bought and easily switch from kit to kit to mix & match product.

15. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I organize by month - then by designer. When the month ends, I change it to TLP-Designer. Does that make sense? I remove the BYOC.