Buy More/Save More

Discussion in 'Help Pad' started by mollyc, Jun 7, 2013.

1. mollyc

mollyc PrettyPinkPicturesPlease

I have three kits in my cart (OLB/PP/Sahlin) ready to purchase from the BYOC, but it is not showing my extra 10% off for having a total over $15....Can someone help? :)

2. FarrahJobling

FarrahJobling FarrahJobling

Same for me...Is there a discount code?

3. mollyc

I am really confused about the Buy More/Save More promotion - can anyone help me??? I've posted in the Help Pad and also on the TLP FB page, and others are confused as well.

Are there certain designers that are excluded for this? Because i have kits for three different designers and I am not getting the discount to come up. And the newsletters from the specific designers are not mentioning any exclusions to stacking these codes, and there aren't any exclusions listed here either????

I am basing it all on this graphic:

[​IMG]

No where have I been able to find anything about certain designers/kits/bundles being excluded or not participating. Everything in my cart is BYOC.

I would really love to check out and get scrapping, but not until I understand the promotion! :thumbsups

4. Peppermint

Peppermint One Little Bird

Is it the bundles? They're excluded from Buy More, Save More because they're already deeply discounted. So to use the stacking discount you'd just have to add the individual products to your cart rather than the bundled products.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2013
  5. kaphelps

kaphelps CT - OLB

Is there a code to enter, or does it just come off when I pay? Also how/when do I get the discount for participating in the challenges- and what is that discount good on? Sorry to have so many questions- new here, and love this BYOC!

6. mollyc

Thanks, Peppermint, for chiming in!

I am really just confused because I haven't found anywhere that mentioned that the entire bundle doesn't count towards the BMSM promotion....it isn't outlined on the FB graphic that is on the TLP page, nor did I see mention of it in your newsletter. I do understand that you have discounted the bundle already (thanks! =) ) but it seems like I should be able to find *somewhere* that it states that certain bundled discounts are not eligible for the storewide BMSM promotion.

If I have a coupon for 15% off at Macy's, for instance, on the coupon in the fine print it will list out that Polo, Tommy Hilfiger, etc., etc. are NOT eligible for the promotion. And I totally understand and wouldn't be upset if I went to Macy's and didn't get the sale price on those brands....but I am not seeing anywhere on the TLP site or in your newsletter that your bundle price is excluded.

There were a couple of others who posted on TLP's FB page with the same question, I do know that I am not the only one wondering.

Thanks! :)

7. Peppermint

Peppermint One Little Bird

You raise a very valid point! I don't refer to the BMSM on my blog or in my newsletter so I've never considered the fine print issue. I will definitely add something going forward on my end.

8. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

It takes them about 1 to 2 weeks to verify all the entries and then an email will be sent with your discount coupon. The coupon is good until the end of the month. (It gives you more or less 2 weeks to buy, and I think it excludes BYOC items. It is stated in the email you will get). So glad you are enjoying yourself here at TLP.

9. Trista

Trista I'm Working On It

Molly, I think that this is something new that the designers here at TLP may need to address. In the past the BYOC was only available in separate pieces, and only recently have they been bundling the products as a convenience to the customers. These bundles are deeply discounted. Peppermint's bundle for example is 45% off. In most cases these discounts are only available exclusively to those that subscribe to the individual newsletter/FB/blog, not TLP.

I look at it like this...

TLP offers a discount to customers as a loyalty to the customers of the store - BMSM
    Individual designers offer a discount as a loyalty to the customers that buy from them - Bundles and Special Coupons

These are two separate discounts. In most cases, even at Macy's you would not be allowed to use two different coupons (stacking) for the same merchandise. You would have to decide as a consumer which is the discount that best suits your needs.

All of that being said, I am sure going forward that there will be some editing in the fine print to help avoid further confusion.

Hope this helps!

10. Dalis

If I am not mistaken the discount shows when you see the item in the cart, but let me log in as a "new user".

11. Dalis

Ok, now that I did it I remembered.

When you start putting BYOC items and reaches $15 you will start getting a discount. It doesn't show like a discount at the end, but if you open another browser and check the prices you will see that your "sale" price on all your items is lower than the 20%. Does this make sense? (I don't think bundles are included in here, I don't think any sale includes bundles, since they are discounted sometimes super cheap already).

12. dlhoffer

dlhoffer dlhoffer

Very well stated Trista!

13. Trista

Trista I'm Working On It

Awww thanks Lisa! ;)
    I have played the coupon game for many years... mostly paper coupons for groceries.

I'll add that if you read the description in Krista's bundle it states that no other discounts will be applied.

14. mollyc

yes, thank you guys....I completely understand why an individual designer would not wish to allow the BMSM coupons on an already discounted (newsletter only type) bundle. And I do honestly appreciate the newsletter bundles and generally purchase them.

That said, at TLP, coupons are often stackable. And the very premise of BMSM IS a stackable coupon. The little % bubbles by the prices increase the more you put in your cart. As a general rule, the base prices of the BYOC items are 20% off, then the more you buy, the more you can stack a larger coupon. It's kind of the point of the whole sale.

I completely agree that if Peppermint or Krista or Liz or whomever doesn't wish to allow further discounts on their bundles it shouldn't be mandatory. I just think that on the *front end* of the sale it should be stated. I did see that Krista has a note on her bundle price that it isn't stackable. Peppermint and Liz do not. Peppermint has said she will start to do so in the future, which is great!

But if *TLP* is looking to reward members, and not just the designers, then *TLP* needs to state the exclusions on their advertisements. I've already run into this problem once with TLP and a monthly sale last year, where there were some designers not participating in a sale that had been advertised as "store wide."

Again, I have NO issues with designers wishing to capture their portion of their deserved profits. :) They totally should....but if TLP is advertising a store wide, Buy More Save More, well, then as a consumer, I expect to be able to buy more and save more ***through the store*** and not just through hidden sales. I'm all for hidden sales, mind you!! ;) But somewhere there needs to be an easily found/read/displayed fine print area for the designers who are not participating in the storewide or BMSM sales, whether in part or in whole.

It's the non-disclosure that i have issues with, not the lack of participation. I hope that makes sense. :)

15. kaphelps

kaphelps CT - OLB

Thank you Dalis for answering my questions too! In addition to what Mollyc is saying, it would be very helpful to have an area in FAQ or somewhere that gives the rules/specifics & procedures to actually getting the discounts. I have looked several places and haven't had much luck- perhaps I am just not finding it?... Thanks again so much for your help!

16. alb52

alb52 · · · – – – · · ·

Thanks for your input - we will work to ensure all designers who offer any exclusions to the standard discounts clearly state that on their own ads as necessary and we state it on main ads.

17. alb52

alb52 · · · – – – · · ·

Which discounts are you looking for, specifically?

In the case of Buy More, Save More, and many other special offers we run, the discounts are automatically applied when the certain criteria is met by adding the required types of product or prices of product to your cart. In other cases, designers or the store will specifically indicate there is a coupon required for use. In the case of this particular thread, some designers offer EXCLUSIVE links to special bundles to "reward" customers with additional discounts for things like being a newsletter subscriber, liker on FB, etc.

HTH!

18. mollyc

thank you for responding. it's unfortunate that it hasn't been more clearly stated from all involved, but I appreciate the effort to make it more visible in the future. :)

19. Dalis

Amy, I think she means that when it's a discount like that it doesn't show as an additional discount but just the sale prices changes and about the challenge coupon. Maybe a statement that it takes about 2 weeks for challenge discount coupons to go out after the month ends. I think she is talking about both things.

20. alb52

alb52 · · · – – – · · ·

In the main "Challenge Guidelines" threads for each month, it states how and when participants will receive any coupons, so that should cover any of those types of questions.