Bullet journal

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Ga_L, Aug 25, 2020.

1. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

(i should add too that we learnt that the paper in the dot books was thinner than the art diary black paper so her brush pens and alcohol & blendy markers are pretty clear through the page - that might be something you need to consider too @Ga_L

Ga_L likes this.
  2. Carla

Carla Well-Known Member

I just started bullet journaling and was surprised how much of my old paper scraping supplies I could still use. Mainly stencils, small binder clips and pens with some cardstock. The journal that I chose is a dotted journal but it seems to be a bit smaller than some I have seen only 21 boxes by 35 boxes (22 dots by 36 dots). Bullet journaling is a very good creative outlet. I keep asking myself would it not just be simpler and faster to just purchase a fancy planner?! I think I have way too much time on my hands for that easy shortcut!

bellbird likes this.
  3. Carla

Carla Well-Known Member

I am having this problem with mine as well. I cut a sheet of regular scrapbooking card stock to cover the bleed and dug out my huge supply of rubber stamps.

bellbird likes this.
  4. michele hillam

michele hillam Loading up the bookmobile

I have been bullet journaling in some form or another for about 8 years. I do use a dot grid journal and usually just a black pen/pencil. Number your pages if they are not already.

When I have time, I like to print out stickers on clear sticker paper to dress it up a bit.
    [​IMG]

Reserve the first few pages as an index. This is where you can reference back to important pages...have a recipe you wrote down, put the name of the recipe on the index page and what page number it is on. Also, if you have say a page of favorite quotes and you run out of space, reference the continuing page on the page that is running out of room (continued on page 88 for example). On your index page you would list favorite quotes.....page 2, 88

I create a page every month with "page ideas" for The Lilypad Challenges so I can brain storm ideas and keep track of those I have finished.

I have pages where I keep notes on church meetings

I have a page of passwords (because I always forget....It only lists the beginning, I always end my passwords with the same last numbers, this way if you ever loose your notebook, no one has your full passwords)

There are lots of posts on Pinterest on getting started, but really you only need a notebook and a writing something. These are just a few that I use.

Most of all, have fun!

5. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

This darn thread enabled me! I bought a bullet journal two-pack from Amazon. One for me and one for DD...but DS "stole" one before I could give to DD! (He needs encouragement to write--he rushes--so TBH it didn't bother me that he wanted it. In fact, it's been great to see him writing in his diary, as he calls it!)
    Anyway, I don't plan to go all-out with mine. I bought it simply to keep track of DS's and DD's school stuff. I want to do a weekly spread and I worried a typical calendar wouldn't work because there are so many facets to virtual lessons (zoom codes, due dates, testing, app logins, teacher conference times, etc). School starts this week so we'll see how well I do with a BuJo!

6. Carla

Carla Well-Known Member

The great thing about BuJu is that you can make it as minimal or as involved as you want. There is no wrong or right way to do it. Keeping one for you teenagers school lessons and projects is a great idea. Glad that your son is encouraged to write as well! I kept up with a journal from the time I was 10 years old until I got married. It really feels good to get back into it!

Tree City likes this.
  7. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

so you know how you can never find something when you're looking for it but when you stop looking, things just turn up? i found the photos of her BuJo-ing from earlier this year & scrapped them this week but here's the cactus themed tracker page a bit bigger - her drawing has come a long way in the last few years, doing her different bu-jo themes
    cacti-600px.jpg
    [​IMG]