Broken Bones | Pad Patter 5.9

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by weaselwatchr, May 9, 2022.

1. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

@cfile I know exactly where you are with the loss of strength. I have it as well. I had rotator cuff surgery 20 years ago (not due to injury) and loss strength in my right arm/hand. I was warned then that this would happen and that I probably would not gain all of it back. This has been true especially because of my age. Not to mention the arthritis creeping in. And, there are times 20 years later that I will do some of those stretching exercises I was given in PT. So glad I kept that sawed off broom handle :)

cfile likes this.
  2. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Yup.. I have a white PVC pipe :)

3. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

What is funny is that I found the handle in the house. No idea why it was ever sawed off or who did it (probably Dad for some odd reason). It worked for what I needed so I used it.

cfile likes this.
  4. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

^^^ This ^^^

I do worry about falling and breaking something now that I'm older and not as steady on my feet as I once was (wobbly ankles and knees, lol!).

michelepixels likes this.
  5. dawnmarch

dawnmarch Actually, no. You are not funny!

When I was around 12, I slipped on some wet tile, fell directly on my butt and broke my tail bone. Youch. Plus all the kids thought it was super cool that I had to sit on a donut cushion like I was an 80 year old with hemorrhoids. Um, NOT.

Just last night, I seem to have torn the rib cartilage in one of my ribs. I almost wish I had broken the rib because that is supposed to heal faster and this hurts like crazy. :td

6. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I've only had a broken nose (softball aimed at the face lol) and maybe a couple of toes because I'm clumsy like that!

7. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

In my early 20s, I lived in a three-story Victorian with my ex, and I was attempting to walk down the stairs to pack our car to leave for the weekend. He had two huge English mastiffs and when I was trying to step around one who was lying on the landing (and carrying several items), I lost my footing and fell backwards all the way down the staircase.

I ended up spraining my ankle & breaking my pinky toe... and having to Army-crawl up two flights of stairs to get back to our attic apartment in order to call my ex to come take me to the doctor. It was my left foot so I was eventually able to drive (with an aircast on my left foot) but I spent a couple weeks at my parents' house since they had a ranch and a walk-in shower.

8. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

No broken bones for me. I did dislocate my pinky last year when I fell while trail running. Grateful that's been the worst that it's been.

9. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I can't get over this phrase!! How does a horse fall over someone?

I have broken a finger and a toe.

10. AliSarah

AliSarah Oh great. Now I have pixie dust in my hair!

As a child and a clutz, I have broken the pinky toes quite a few times. Once, I fell off the monkey bars and got an awesome spiral crack down my humerus bone, but they couldn't cast it because of my already growing bosom.

SO, even though I was NOT happy to have broken my wrist and arm in 3 places within 15 minutes of the beginning of the snowboarding lesson last year, I did rather enjoy having my first real casts!! They change them as the healing process goes forward! First, I had a flexible one to allow for the swelling. Then, I had this purple one! Lastly, I ended my time in a cast with a cool, short, black one! I still have a brace for when I go roller skating to protect it just in case! And, they tested me for osteoporosis... Happy to report I don't have it even though I did manage to break my arm pretty spectacularly, lol!

[​IMG]

Huggles!!
    ~Sarah~