Breakfast

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by weaselwatchr, Oct 4, 2021.

1. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

Bart wants to get in some last minute kissing
    [​IMG]

2. Roxana

Roxana Bananas for radishes

3. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I love all the breakfast foods really! :giggle It's my favorite meal and I often make breakfast for dinner because it's also easier to make usually. We all like to go out to eat for breakfast too, especially places that have breakfast all day. If I'm cooking my eggs, I usually make them scrambled with just a touch of cheddar cheese, some chopped (tiny) onion and a little bit of chopped ham. If I'm eating out I like to get omelets. Or my local restaurant makes yummy belgian waffles with sliced banana and walnuts on top. If I'm feeling really indulgent I LOVE crepes with banana and nutella. I wish I had that right now actually. :giggle

weaselwatchr likes this.
  4. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

Many nights after work I will just have cereal for dinner because its quick and easy. Right now I'm digginf Strawberry Special K!

5. weaselwatchr

But there are so many varieties!

6. weaselwatchr

I love grits!!! And biscuits and gravy too.

7. weaselwatchr

That's how I make my scrambled eggs too, with some milk!

8. mary kate

mary kate Well-Known Member

Weekdays, I'll just have a piece of toast or a yoghurt.

But on the weekend, I love to do up a big breakfast fry-up (bacon, eggs, toast, pancakes, hash browns, etc.). During the pandemic, I have really upped my breakfast potatoes game (I don't wish to brag, but my son has declared my hash browns "diner-quality"!).

9. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

That is the only cereal I'll eat these days! As a kid it was Rice Krispies but I find I like those more in marshmallow treats or another recipe using it I got many years ago (Choco-Scotch Clusters).

10. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

That is the only way I've ever made my scrambled eggs. I use a recipe from a cookbook given to me probably 40 years ago... Betty Crocker! I add a little salt and pepper to the mix then fry it in butter constantly stirring them. Nice, fluffy eggs.

11. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

It’s a bowl of cereal for me too, I recently discovered a new cereal at a Bulk Foods Store here so that’s what I have every morning now.

12. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I've learned I feel best if I have a hearty protein-rich breakfast. Since 2014 I've had the same thing almost every day, though the ingredients vary every day, so it's not boring. I have a scrambled egg and veggie burrito. The veggies almost always include spinach, but the others vary: zucchini, onions, carrots, whatever. And often I add seasonings, nutritional yeast, flax meal, or other stuff. I'm lactose intolerant so I don't eat cheese, but very occasionally I have a plant based cheese. Until recently, I haven't cared much for any vegan dairy alternatives, but they've improved a lot over the last decade! Anyway, along with my burrito I almost always have a Clementine orange, but sometimes it's a different fruit; more often in the summer, when there are more fruits from which to choose.

I love starting my day with a bunch of veggies and full warm breakfast. It can get me through most of the day if necessary. When I was working for the USPS (from last October until last July) I didn't eat during my whole shift (seems no one takes a lunch break) except for sometimes a snack bar, and I would come home hungry but not terribly so.

13. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Generally I don't eat breakfast for the first 2-3 hours of waking up but will sometimes have a late breakfast around 10:30 but it's something light like a piece of fruit or a muffin. Lunch is my first big meal and then dinner with a snack later. I don't feel hungry in the morning so don't force myself to eat. I do like a lot of coffee though (4 cups or so) throughout the morning/afternoon.

14. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

my fav' breakfast: Greek yogurt with homemade granola and fresh seasonal fruit ... and don't forget ... coffee ...

15. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Now that I'm retired, sometimes I will have breakfast, sometimes my breakfast is closer to lunch. :-)

I love really thick Greek yogurt, full fat, unflavored. I also love eggs, scrambled, over easy, boiled, I'm not fussy. I don't do grains, but I've discovered a really good recipe for grain-free bagels and so I bake those quite often, top them with sesame seeds, poppy seeds & rock salt as they go into the oven. And then I'll slather them with cream cheese.

16. Mrsdudds

Mrsdudds Well-Known Member

I don't eat breakfast either, my breakfast is normally a cup of coffee. I am not a morning person. I normally end up grabbing a mid morning breakfast around 10am - 11am.

If I do have breakfast I like toast with jam, eggs benedict with runny yolk, poached egg on toast, avacado on toast or my absolute favourite is smoked salmon and cream cheese on a bagel.

When I am on holiday though I have breakfast every single day lol, I think its because I can go to the self service counter and get whatever I want. I tend to end up having fresh fruit, full english breakfast (minus bacon and black pudding) or pancakes.

17. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I'm not a breakfast eater. Occasionally, I do like to go out for a "brunch" meal - last time, we had Eggs Benedict and Mimosas. Yes, I DO like those breakfasts. Hahaha