Breakfast

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by weaselwatchr, Oct 4, 2021.

1. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

Breakfast is supposed to be the most important meal of the day. I have to be honest and I am not an early bird so mornings I have no time to do anything. I usually will eat a protein bar in the car on my commute to work. When on vacation, I like eating more normal breakfast time foods because I’m on vacation and not in a hurry to get to work on time. I love waffles with strawberries if the place has them. Otherwise my favorite eggs are scrambled with sausage or crispy bacon and an English muffin. I like egg Benedict too but the yolk has to be cooked all the way. Runny eggs gross me out. I also get a lot of fresh fruit too if they are serving that.

Do you eat breakfast? What’s your favorite breakfast. How do you like your eggs if you are having them?

2. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

I'm not a morning person, nor do I drink coffee. Monday-Friday my breakfast is a Pepsi and a cheese stick.

When I eat eggs I like them "dippy" (runny). I either dip my toast into the yolk; or I like to mix my "dippy" eggs with hash browns and sprinkle shredded cheddar on them. Looks awful, tastes great.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  3. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I love breakfast, but when I worked outside the home it was nearly impossible to find time for it. I was getting ready and getting a young child ready and then having a commute to childcare + commute to work.

On weekdays, I'll grab cereal, frozen pancakes or waffles, frozen croissant egg and sausage sandwich, eggs (either made into scrambled egg sandwiches or boiled with Louisiana hot sauce and buttered toast), 15 grain bread toasted with peanut butter + jam/jelly, or grilled cheese sandwiches. I'll also eat leftovers for breakfast even if they aren't breakfast.

Hubby makes a great breakfast on the weekends or when he is off. He's killing it lately with his Blackstone. I still make the scrambled eggs (I'm a master at them). Hubby will make sausage, bacon, waffles, pancakes, omelettes, grits, etc.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  4. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

I'm not a huge breakfast person. I'm fine with jsut coffee most mornings. The hubby is a HUGE breakfast guy- he makes HOMEMADE from scratch pancakes, waffles, french toast, biscuits, scones, etc at least a few times a week! I generally will have some just to be nice- but it's mostly for himself & the kids! I actually prefer eggs- he'll make me a fried egg sometimes too! Runny eggs are fine- but ONLY the yolks- runny whites gross me out! ;)

weaselwatchr likes this.
  5. meganmecrazy

meganmecrazy Caution: Randomly Breaks Out into Show tunes

I love breakfast but during the week it's hard to do - I just grab quick little things like a yogurt or granola bar. On the weekends though we usually cook up a good breakfast (or go out for breakfast). My favorite is a veggie omelette and some good hash browns or home fries! I also like over-medium eggs sometimes to dip toast in :)

weaselwatchr likes this.
  6. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I do love a good English brekkie if we go out - English bacon and easy over eggs, toast and coffee.
    At home muesli is popular.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  7. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

When I was working I would have Carnation Instant Breakfast at home and eat a banana on my way to work. I didn't have time for anything more.

I do love eating breakfast foods for dinner though. We did that a lot when I was growing up. Dad had Wheaties every morning and was out of the house before I ever got up. Mom would just drink coffee. I had cookies and Kool-aid. So we ended up eating breakfast foods like pancakes or scrambled eggs for dinner a lot.

I got back into drinking the Instant Breakfast during my dental issues so do that every morning. Some days I'll grab a bowl of cereal around 1:00 to tide me over til dinner. Heck one night this weekend, I had a bowl of cereal for dinner. I just didn't feel like fixing anything.

8. JenEm

JenEm Pollywog

Bart likes flies for breakfast!
    [​IMG]

weaselwatchr likes this.
  9. G.J.

G.J. If I Could Turn Back Time

Kisses for Bart

10. G.J.

G.J. If I Could Turn Back Time

I do love scramble eggs with avocado and philadelphia cheese, black strong coffee and toast bread

weaselwatchr likes this.
  11. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I love a big breakfast, but don't have one very often at all. My everyday breakfast is 2 hard boiled eggs, a slice of wheat toast, and cottage cheese with pineapples.
    On big breakfast days, I like savory over sweet...eggs, bacon, gravy, etc. I make a mean omelet and will do those for dinner from time to time.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  12. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Breakfast is my fave!!! I make breakfast every morning. It does help that I homeschool and hubby works from home. I tell my kids they are spoiled when it comes to breakfast.

Grits, pancakes, waffles, biscuits and gravy, eggs (lots of eggs), breakfast sandwiches...this is what we pretty much rotate around (all served with bacon or sausage).

My faves are over easy eggs with some feta cheese and a side of spinach and mushrooms (all of my kids love over easy eggs except one - she prefers scrambled), breakfast sandwich made with everything bagels, or pancakes.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  13. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

As long as it's not frog legs!
    [​IMG]

weaselwatchr likes this.
  14. meganmecrazy

hahaha!!! Kisses!!!

weaselwatchr likes this.
  15. zakirahzakaria

zakirahzakaria Making to-do lists CHECK. Checking to-do lists...

I love breakfast and I need it to fuel myself for the day. I usually like having not-so-heavy meals for breakfast, like banana pancakes, toast, sandwiches, cereals, or the local "roti canai". In Malaysia however, it's very common to have a full-blown heavy meal for breakfast that consists of rice, meats, salad or veggies, and a side of hot sauce (we call it "sambal"). I do have those too, once in a while, e.g. during the weekends. Plus coffee! Yes I need my morning coffee.

For eggs, I like scrambled eggs. I'd mix the egg with some milk and then fry it with butter. Makes it so fluffy and lightweight.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  16. JenEm

JenEm Pollywog

@Scrapping with Liz Can I come to your house for breakfast please? :giggle

Breakfast for me is a bowl of oatmeal, a banana and a handful of raw almonds. It doesn't sound like much, but I snack throughout the day - fruit, yoghurt, salad etc.:pigout

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 4, 2021
    weaselwatchr likes this.
  17. meganmecrazy

Kisses for Bart!!

weaselwatchr likes this.
  18. janedee

janedee Is a craft project ever really finished?

I love breakfast and can't function without it. Most days we'll have cereal with fruit and yogurt, or oatmeal with fruit, or bagels with peanut butter and jam. Weekends we often have waffles with fruit, or an English breakfast - bacon, eggs, fried mushrooms and tomatoes. One of my new faves is breakfast bowls, scrambled eggs with bananas and vanilla, topped with fresh fruit, a dollop of peanut butter and a sprinkle of coconut and sliced almonds - delicious!!!

weaselwatchr likes this.
  19. JenEm

JenEm Pollywog

20. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member