Breakfast | Pad Patter 1.19

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bestcee, Jan 19, 2022.

1. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Breakfast. I have a love hate relationship with it! Most weekday mornings I make eggs, toast, and bacon for a woman. And I make eggs or a smoothie or cereal for my kid.

Me? I'm horrible about making it for myself! I have a pill I take so I can't eat with my kid, and I forget to stop and eat as the morning goes on.

My favorite breakfasts are pancakes and french toast. I love a good french toast! But, I usually end up with eggs and toast or hot cocoa and toast.

What about you? What's your favorite breakfast? And what do you usually have?

2. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

What I should do and what I do are two totally different things....I should have mainly a protein based breakfast or a cold cereal I found awhile back but I'm very very lazy these days so it hasn't happened. Truth be told I get up fairly late so just have an early lunch and graze the day away so I don't really have breakfast unless I have somewhere to be in the morning. Also right now its been a real struggle to find anything to eat as I've been dealing with major gastro issues for the past 6-8 weeks - I see my doctor on Friday finally to get tests rolling for Celiac/Gluten intolerance....don't really want it to be that as its a lot more expensive food wise but it would be good to get answers none the less. It wouldn't suprise me if I'm at least a bit intolerant given my major stomach surgery at 15 and the fact I'm intolerant to lactose and garlic already. When it rains it pours it seems....at least MOC has been an excellent distraction for how awful I've felt

3. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

My favorite... scrambled eggs, shredded hash browns and toast. But I never eat it for breakfast unless I'm on vacation! That is more of an evening meal for me. We had breakfast for dinner quite often when I was growing up. Dad had Wheaties for breakfast and was gone before I got up. Mom drank coffee and I had cookies and koolaid. LOL

What I do have is a Carnation Instant Breakfast drink every morning. I had to switch to a breakfast drink 4 years ago. At that time I bought premixed from Wal-Mart but switched back to the instant breakfast after awhile. Many years ago when I was working I would also have an instant breakfast before work and eat a banana on my drive to work. So it has been something that I've liked for many years.

4. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

Pepsi and a Cracker Barrel white extra sharp cheese stick Monday-Friday at the office ... breakfast of champions!

I like breakfast for lunch or dinner ... "dippy" eggs with hash browns and bacon; or a western omelet (ham, green pepper, onion, and shredded cheddar) topped with salsa and with hash browns. I love corn beef hash with breakfast, but only get that the breakfast buffet when cruising.

jk703 likes this.
  5. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I eat whatever for breakfast. Sometimes it's a scrambled egg sandwich, or a grilled cheese, or heated up leftovers. I've had soup for breakfast when it's been cold. LOL We do have more of our big breakfast meals on the weekend if we're having them at breakfast. Otherwise, breakfast for dinner it is! Then it's usually grits, bacon or sausage, toast, fruit, etc. We will have waffles and bacon/sausage or pancakes, too.

6. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Breakfast and I have a weird relationship. :crazy3"Breakfast food" to me overall, is meh. But I will eat it if it is a big spread-:drool like at a restaurant - but it has to have juice, chocolate milk, waffle or french toast <--:heartslub , hash browns (crispy!) bacon or sausage patty and fresh fruit. Don't care about toast. And never eat grits. :nope Oh, I don't like eggs. Bleh.
    So, yeah, I' m not picky. :eyeroll

7. dawnmarch

dawnmarch Actually, no. You are not funny!

Breakfast is my favorite meal and I eat breakfast foods any time of the day. I'll have eggs for lunch or dinner pretty often. But, mostly, for breakfast itself I just have half a bagel and coffee. My hubby bought me a bread maker for Christmas, so lately, I've been also having homemade whole wheat oatmeal bread with a little butter and jam instead of a bagel.

My favorite breakfast is probably waffles with whipped cream and strawberries, but only if they are hot off the waffle iron.

8. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

Five days of the week my breakfast starts with a smoothie ( apple, blueberries,raspberries,celery,raw beetroot,stevia leaves for sweetening and I grow the plant, added chia seeds, greens powder, maca powder, phsyllium and flaxseed oil). Then the cooked part could be any of the following.... boiled egg, poached egg, scrambled egg, fish fingers, chicken or pork nuggets that I make myself )

My favourite breakfast is when we go out to a cafe ( rarely happens) and I have Eggs Benedict with salon.
    [​IMG]

9. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

I'm not a morning or breakfast person so I usually have a mid-morning snack or early lunch (especially since I work at home so my entire kitchen is at my disposal). By default because their mom doesn't make breakfast in the morning, my kids are not breakfast people, either.

This "horrifies" my BF whose favorite meal of the day is breakfast so he makes me/us breakfast whenever we're together. :)

10. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I love breakfast food, but not so much at breakfast time. Nothing beats eggs or an omelet, gravy, biscuits, bacon, hashbrowns, etc...but I enjoy it more as a brunch or dinner option. I can't do a sweet breakfast at all. If I make French toast, I eat it without syrup, same with waffles.
    On work days, I take breakfast to work with me and it's 2 hard boiled eggs, grapefruit or orange, and toast or English muffin.

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  11. zakirahzakaria

zakirahzakaria Making to-do lists CHECK. Checking to-do lists...

Usually for myself, I'd make toast and coffee. Sometimes I'd fry some frozen food like frozen traditional sweet bread (we always stock up on this), curry puff, etc. Nothing fancy.

But for my baby, I'd make balanced meals like oatmeal with full cream milk and fruits, fruity pancakes, fruity fritters.. sometimes she'd have shepherd's pie if I've made a large batch the previous day. Her breakfasts are always healthier and more nutritious than mine, lol!

12. zakirahzakaria

zakirahzakaria Making to-do lists CHECK. Checking to-do lists...

Oh that looks so good!

13. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

I am a huge breakfast fan! now.. if I actually have time to make it. thats a different story! most days I am running low on time and just head of to work and lucky if I get to eat until supper! makes for some long days

but I love me some breakfast foods!!! eggs.. waffles... bacon.. sassages.. hashbrowns... you name it

14. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

I mostly have the same thing every morning.
    Usual: 2 strips of bacon, 1 egg (scrambled or over-easy), small glass OJ or grape juice, and 2 cups of coffee.

I buy pre-cooked bacon, so it is easy to pull out 2 strips to reheat and crisp up. Sometimes I add cheese to the egg (usually if there is cheese already cut-up in the fridge). Sometimes I have the egg & bacon on an English Muffin (the American version of a crumpet) with some cream cheese. Sometimes (rarely), I skip all that and have a fruit yoghurt instead.

I do love all the other breakfast foods but I rarely spend the time making them. I am almost always the only one awake when I have breakfast. My husband has oatmeal with bananas and peanut butter almost every single morning.

15. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

My favorite breakfast and what I usually have are the same thing. I scramble eggs and veggies and wrap them up in a flour tortilla. Occasionally I skip the tortilla and just use a bowl. The veggies and other fillings vary, so this has never bored me, even though I've been doing this nearly every day since 2014. Often spinach and onions. Sometimes bell pepper, zucchini, beans, avocado, or mushrooms. Sometimes I prepare them that morning; often I'm using leftovers from previous dinners. Usually I add flax meal and nutritional yeast. Occasionally salsa or vegan cheese (I'm lactose intolerant). Alongside the burrito I always have fruit, most frequently Clementine oranges.

Here's a photo from December 30, before I wrapped up my breakfast burrito.
    Screen Shot 2022-01-19 at 9.59.59 PM.png

I do still like waffles, pancakes, and french toast but not for my first meal of the day. I've learned I function better with a protein-rich start to the day.

16. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

I LOVE breakfast!

I usually have pancakes (I make them with egg whites, cottage cheese, and oatmeal for a high protein pancake) and top it with peanut butter, bananas, and syrup...with a side of sausage. I also will make egg scrambles with spinach, mushrooms, and feta with bacon as a side. And then I like a good egg sandwich made with an English muffin or thin bagel.

I do love cereal but I usually only eat it for a little snack...it just doesn't fill me up.

For my kids, they get a rotation of pancakes, biscuits and gravy, grits and eggs, egg sandwiches, scrambled eggs & bacon... I make breakfast for them almost every day...because well, we love breakfast!

Today I actually had pancakes for breakfast and scrambled eggs & english muffins for lunch!

17. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

I usually have cheerios with some sort of fruit and rice milk. Sounds exciting, doesn't it? If I had my way, if I could, I'd eat an Egg McMuffin every.single.day. I love everything about it, and I can't eat anything that's in it. Sigh. Sometimes I get creative and make some of my allergen-friendly pancakes using the King Arthur Flour GF pancake mix. They're pretty good and almost taste like the real thing. For years I was on a smoothie kick, but now I need the vitamins in the cereal, so there you are. Not much excitement around here!

18. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

Well...I fail at breakfast a LOT!!!

What do I like?
    1. home made egg McMuffins
    2. pancakes
    3. waffles
    4. Eggs and bacon

19. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I don't eat breakfast either. Just a couple of cups of coffee. Around early afternoon, I have an Activia and cottage cheese and a few saltines. I do love breakfast food though but prefer it at night. When we're on vacay, we eat breakfast, but that's about it.

20. Mrsdudds

Mrsdudds Well-Known Member

I am terrible for breakfast, and most days I don't eat breakfast. My morning breakfast if normally a cup of coffee. Occasionally I will make some fruit toast. I love avocado, smoked salmon and poached egg on bagel for breakfast, but thats normally a treat on a weekend.

Both my son and my husband both get up and first thing they do is eat breakfast (normally bowl of cereal) but I am not a morning person. If I do have breakfast its normally mid morning, like today its 10:15am here and I've just had some toast even though I have been awake since 7am. I have however had 2 cups of coffee