Brandon Sanderson's Kickstarter

Discussion in 'Reading Pad' started by bestcee, Jan 3, 2023.

1. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Did anyone else purchase this? I've never read anything by him before, though I've heard he's a good author. My friend loves him, so long story short, I backed his Super Secret Kickstarter ebooks.

I got the first one loaded on my Kindle yesterday and I am loving it!! I feel very immersed in the world of Tress. I ended up staying up until 2am to read last night. Dang life got in the way today of reading more than 30 minutes. But tomorrow I should have more time!

So, anyone else reading the first one? Or, is there a Brandon Sanderson book you recommend? Sometimes new and established authors overwhelm me when I try to figure out where to start.

2. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

i know of him, i'm sure i have a few books of his (i think he's sci-fi) but i'm drawing a blank on whether they were books i got for me or for DS - i shall consult good reads and see if i can jog my memory

bestcee likes this.
  3. Vrielinkie

Vrielinkie Rub-a-Dub-Dub

LOVE him, especially the Mistborn series: definitely read that one!

bestcee likes this.
  4. Vrielinkie

Vrielinkie Rub-a-Dub-Dub

Oh and if you like space (sci-fi) the Cytonic series is excellent too. The only ones I couldn't get into (I read almost all of his books and love them), is the Stormlight Archives. Which is a huge fan favourite, I think but it just didn't grab me. Might have to try again though ;-)

5. stephc777

stephc777 Active Member

I am a really big Brandon Sanderson fan. I didn't back the Kickstarter, so I am glad to hear feedback about it from you. The Stormlight Archives are very good, but they are a commitment (each 1000+ pages) and they use several character viewpoints to tell the story (which can be challenging to keep track of). My personal favorites of his are the Reckoners series, The Rithmatist (a stand alone book) and Arcanum Unbounded (a book of short stories set in the world of the Stormlight Archives). I feel like he really does great worldbuilding in his novels and the stories are engaging and clean. Have fun diving into his books!

Vrielinkie and bestcee like this.
  6. bestcee

Thanks! I'll have to try Mistborn and the Reckoners based on your suggestions. ANd thanks for the warning about Stormlight Archives! I'll save that for summer reading I think. More time, and less interruptions!

7. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I read the Mistborn series! Excellent reading!

bestcee likes this.
  8. bestcee

Totally loved Tress of the Emerald Seas! It will be released to everyone soon? Or is? Or next week or something?
    Anyway....Super cute story, loved the heroine! I'm a sucker for a well written female lead. And I loved that she was a thinker.

9. scribler

scribler Blanket? Check! Slippers? Check! Sweater? Che

I haven't read his books but I know he is an excellent author. He was chosen to finish the Wheel of Time series when Robert Jordan passed away before wrapping it up.