Book one of 2016 has been ordered!

Discussion in 'Project Life/365/52' started by tkradtke, May 9, 2016.

1. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

Me again! I'm on a roll! I normally wouldn't have shared this here, but after complaining so much in my last post about how much I disliked my format for my 2015 book, I thought I would show you what I'm doing differently this year.

share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8AcuW7li0btWaq

I'm keeping each week concise at just one, two page spread. Any extra photos I want to use, I scrap separately and insert after the corresponding week. So far this year, I've been doing pretty well with having an even number of extra pages, but week 16 had an odd number. I just moved an extra page from week 17 up to even things out. That way, that week, I had two extra pages about my son and two about my daughter. This plan has really helped me enjoy my PL spreads again... and the extra pages allow me to play with heavily themed kits again, which is fun!

scrapsandsass and keepscrappin like this.
  2. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

Wow you really are on a roll. There's hope.

tkradtke likes this.
  3. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

look at you scrap girl! that's amazing...thanks for sharing!

tkradtke likes this.
  4. sm_amber

sm_amber I learn from the best..

This is awesome! Well done!! :D

tkradtke likes this.
  5. FILIPPOK

FILIPPOK Member

This looks amazing! Thank you for sharing your book.
    I have a question: some of your pages have a border, while others do not. Would it not be cut off part of the page when printing?

tkradtke likes this.
  6. tkradtke

Thanks everyone! I'm glad to have it ordered... and for the price I got it for after the discount and coupon!

Shutterfly does a pretty good job of showing you how it will print in the preview. What will get cut off in printing is already cut off in the preview. I reduce everything on my background paper before flattening so there's enough extra at the edges so nothing gets cut off.

FILIPPOK likes this.
  7. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Bart loves printed pages!
    [​IMG]

8. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

9. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

Yay you!! Look at you scrapping like a boss!!
    I feel motivated and inspired!

10. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

You are on a roll! I'm so glad that you've found a new approach that is working. Wanna scrap some of my pages next? :giggle

11. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I am loving it! page 45 with the way cool mirror circle images...my favorite!!! Seeing all the journaling makes my heart happy too! I am stuck in 2015 November...but slooooooooooowly moving.

RebeccaH likes this.
  12. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Excellent! I really enjoyed looking at the pages and reading about your life. I don't have a book printed but I got all my PL pages through Week 17 printed at the weekend's Persnickety sale and I expect them this week. :) It was a 71 page order!

tkradtke likes this.
  13. scrappyjedi

scrappyjedi Patience you must have, my young padawan

Yay!! Congrats on getting a book printed- that is so awesome!

I love your plan for having just a two-page spread for each week. Last year I found myself wanting to do extra pages and inserts for everything and got so, so behind. This year I declared "war on inserts" and decided that anything that was insert-worthy was layout worthy, as well, so I might as well just skip the insert and just scrap some actual pages. It's really sped things up for me and forced me to edit what goes in my weekly spread (meaning just ONE photo of an event instead of 3-5) so that they become overviews.

tkradtke likes this.
  14. tkradtke

How exciting! Do you have them yet?!? It's one thing to see your finished pages on a computer, but something entirely different to actually hold them in your hands!

15. tkradtke

Your last year, sounds a lot like my last year. Although I got lazy enough near the end to not do inserts, my weeks just became big, long, 10+ page, run-on weeks. It made me crazy! Partially because my week would have a few multi photo events with one single random photo sandwiched in between. I had no where to put that one photo and those random photos are the whole reason I love PL so much! The events are pretty easy to scrap, but those random photos need a home, and PL is that home for me. So far, I'm really enjoying picking that one photo to represent an event knowing that the rest of the photos will get scrapped and included in the book. I used to get hung up on either all of the photos were part of my PL pages or they didn't get scrapped at all. Now they all make it into the book, just not as part of the weekly spread.

16. FILIPPOK

FILIPPOK Member

What do you do with the rest of the photos, which were not included in the project?
    I include in my project life all the pictures that I like. Sometimes I have the 2 weeks on a single page. This week has been very intense and I have five pages done.

What do you do with the pages that were made not for the PL? Do you print individual books or these pages are only in your computer?

17. Mrivas

Mrivas I know how to spit like a man

Your book looks great! I love that you also include regular pages in there.
    I also ordered my last batch of 2015 prints through Persnickety's sale. I now have 2015 in an album, all 160 pages. I love having it all printed, the kids both love looking at it, making all the work worth it.
    This year I'm a bit sad I won't get the final product until the end, I'm going with a Blurb book. This year I also decided that if I had to combine weeks into one page, a page a week, a spread a week or mulitple spreads or pages that it's fine. Some weeks are odd number pages and I'm fine with it as long as facing pages in the book match. I'm loving it so far.

tkradtke likes this.
  18. FILIPPOK

FILIPPOK Member

I congratulate you too. We can see your printed book?

19. tkradtke

Right now, everything I scrap goes into my PL book since I'm really only working on current stuff. Photos are either part of my weekly spread or scrapped separately and placed in my PL book after the appropriate week. The only exception to this is photos from our trips. Those are not all included in my PL... just a few to give a summary of our trip. The rest of the photos all go in a separate trip album.

FILIPPOK likes this.
  20. Lor

Lor you've always had the power, my dear

Oh, how cool! It looks awesome! :-)