Bond, James Bond

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by weaselwatchr, Oct 3, 2021.

1. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

There was a documentary on him on Hulu, I think? It was really quirky and at first I thought it was even maybe a spoof, but it was real! Apparently, he was "asked' not to be Bond again, although the reporting was that he decided not to do another Bond.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  2. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Evidently he had no contract and negotiations dragged on even during filming. What I'm reading also said his agent didn't think it would be a good role to get locked in to. LOL I'm guessing they begged Connery to come back and money was no object to getting him for the 2 films he did post Lazenby.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  3. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I've only watched a few films, because my dad or hubby wanted to watch them. The one I remember the most was For Your Eyes Only, and that's because I loved the theme song by the same name by Sheena Easton. LOL

weaselwatchr likes this.
  4. Pachimac

According to the documentary I saw, he did not have a contract even for the first movie. He was told not to go on the press circuit with his scraggly beard and he defied them and went anyway. There were some other things they asked him to do but he didn't do them either. so they paid him for the first movie and sent him off. He says by the choices he made he was showing them he was not going to do the second film, and they say they fired him because he refused to follow directions.

Either way - I didn't really like him as Bond anyway.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  5. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

Every once in awhile we will rewatch one and I will say oh and then hubby looks at me and says oh like we both just figured out something was naughty that we didn’t realize before lol

KimJ likes this.
  6. weaselwatchr

I agree that we need to keep Bond a male role. If only Idris was a tad bit younger. Although he did kick butt in suicide squad

7. Pachimac

I don't know that Bond needs to be younger. How many Bond movies might they each play? Even if we have him for 2-3 movies - I think he would be a good choice!

weaselwatchr likes this.
  8. HavaDrPepper

Agree. I only remember him because that was the one with the wife if only for a few minutes!

weaselwatchr likes this.
  9. weaselwatchr

I hadn’t mentioned Lazenby because he isn’t that well known.

Your analysis of the progression of the movies from fantasy to actual world issues is on point. Like Tomorrow Never Dies where media controls world events was frighteningly accurate.

10. weaselwatchr

My thought was the gap in between movies is what may warrant casting a younger Bond.

11. HavaDrPepper

That's why I like the older Bond movies. Movies are fantasy land for me. I can just watch the news for the other stuff. 15 minutes is enough, no need to sit through a couple hours of it.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  12. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

We saw the latest Bond movie yesterday. And well, not a huge fan!
    Our first date was the Living Daylights back in 1987 with Timothy Dalton and I loved Pierce Brosnan (Huge Remington Steele fan here too!) I never took to Daniel Craig and well, I think I will leave Bond (007) movies to the younger generation now. I am tapping out. ***No spoilers from me.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  13. weaselwatchr

Finally saw the latest Bond…

14. Pachimac

I still haven't!!!

15. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Hmmm, I'm in the minority, I think. Never could "get into" the JB scene at all. But Shaun Connery is an amazing actor!

16. janedee

janedee Is a craft project ever really finished?

We love watching Bond movies. My favourite Bond was Pierce Brosnan, followed by Sean Connery and Daniel Craig.
    I always felt that Roger Moore would have been great if he had played the part when he was fifteen years younger.
    Here's who I've heard is the odds on favourite for the next Bond
    Rege Jean Page from Bridgerton upload_2021-12-31_11-7-24.jpeg

I think he fits the bill perfectly!

17. dawnmarch

dawnmarch Actually, no. You are not funny!

Daniel Craig was my favorite Bond (but I was always a big Daniel Craig fan). That said, I feel like his Bond was a totally different character from the others -- more realistic and gritty, less fantasy/cutesy/invincible Bond. I think of them as two wholly different sets of movies. :D

Of the "old school" Bonds, definitely Sean Connery. But my favorite of the old school Bond movies was Live and Let Die with Roger Moore.