Blog at the present

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by PLM, Sep 22, 2015.

1. PLM

PLM I know there's something in the wake of your smile

Hi ladies,

I'm just wondering how you feel about blogs these days?
    Is it something you are still finding yourself reading into or not?

Mine exists for some years now and I was thinking of putting some life into it, but I'm not quite sure if people nowadays still have time for it...
    You have facebook, twitter, instagram, google+ etc....

Do you still have one, is it being read?
    Do you read blogs and if so, which ones?

Thank you for adding to my curious mind! :flirty:yesss

2. MandaKay

MandaKay Loyal as they come.

I don't read a ton of blogs anymore - don't have as much time for it. When I do read a blog it is because something was pinned from it on Pinterest, or I have a few that are in a blog feed that I "kind of" keep up on. So I think it just depends on the interest of the blog. I used to keep my blog up pretty well, but haven't updated in a LONG time. I do occasionally look thru my old stuff though and wish I did it more often more as a journal.

3. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

I have a handful I check on occasion of designers and stores, but mostly glance through newsletters, fb, and pinterest. The only blog I ever had was for my requirement in a class I was taking. I failed miserably at keeping it updated.

4. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I don't read many anymore. If I do, it's usually part of a website (like TLP) where I have an interest in their offerings/items/posts. I might find myself at random blogs when looking for recipes or depending on google or Pinterest. I had a blog, and mostly kept my growing tutorials, but realized I didn't want to re-write them every time, so now I just keep a Pinterest board with them pinned from where they are posted! :) Much easier! I also found I had more followers on Pinterest than I did my actual blog.

5. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

I stop writing my own blog because I couldn't deal well with all I had to do at the time, so very very little blog reading these days...unless is something with a feature that I could learn something or get inspired...

I used to read as a way to know what is new in stores too...but these days most of my communication is done here and Facebook....
    I have to admit that writing the post on Hybrid for the pad's blog got me wanting to read more!!!!

6. Kate W

Kate W And justice for all ...

I keep a cardmaking blog, only because it's a requirement for entering most cardmaking challenges or competitions. You know me, I looove a challenge. :giggle

I have just had a loong break from it though, because I was on a DT (same kinda thing as CT) and it got a bit too much like work rather than fun... Its usually a DT requirement to have a blog in cardmaking land!

But I posted just yesterday - with more competition entries!! Lol

I usually find myself reading blogs when I've followed a link from pinterest. I have a really long list of cardmaking blogs that I follow, but I usually just flick through the pics, rather than read them...

7. KarenB

KarenB I like dogs. And maybe three people.

I have a blog that is gathering dust through lack of entries. I will probably take it down eventually. I don't have the time any more. I used to read a few blogs regularly too, but now I am more likely to spend a spare hour looking on Pinterest :)

8. jenevang

jenevang Rocking a two-piece under my scrubs

I only read blogs that I can subscribe to via e-mail. When I get an e-mail re: a new entry, I decide if I want to click over. Also, I often get to random blogs via Pinterest and have been known to subscribe to them if they look good. So, I do like blogs.

Now, I do not now nor have I ever read blogs from a reader. If the post doesn't come to me, I don't usually see it, LOL.

9. Li Li Wee

Li Li Wee I create my imagination

I have an inactive blog. But I do visit blogs that inspires me to create art. I love reading about what the artist is up to (not his/her dramas) in their creative world, blogs that have art classes, blogs that helps me see art with new pair of eyes.. Basically blog of an ARTIST!! lol!!!

10. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

That's me too lately Li Li. I was thinking that I don't read blogs much anymore, but really I do. I have just changed the way I get to blogs. I used to use the Google Reader widget and scan it everyday for the blogs I follow. Then that went away and I tried Feedly, but I always forget to go there. Now I go to Pinterest and click through to blogs from there, which I actually like better because then I can easily re-pin and find my way back to the posts I love.

11. Chel

Chel Active Member

I am another one that only reads blogs attacked to websites. But I used to read them!

12. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

If something catches my eye or interest, say on Pinterest or Facebook I may follow the blog link somewhere down the rabbit hole reading more about whatever it is. Otherwise not really. I read the designer blogs and the Lilypad blog when they have something interesting related to what I'm doing, but I never pursue blogs as a dedicated follower.

I think blogs may largely be a thing of the past.

13. dvhoward

dvhoward Don't bother me before 10am!

I subscribe via Bloglovin and check in on any that have a post I'm interested in. I post EVERY layout I make to my own blog. I usually add some thoughts about the layout. Nobody ever checks into it even though I opened up access a year ago. No matter... I post for myself anyway.

14. grrfluudy

grrfluudy This? Oh it's just my million dollar pen.

I'm the same as far as finding blog posts on pinterest. That way I can save the post. I do sign up for a lot of newsletters that way. Unfortuntely, some of the posts are really old -- that is, when I go through my old pins -- I'm notorious for pinning and looking much, much later, and then the blogs and the blog that the pinned blog links to are gone. :( I'm learning the hard way to look at them immediately.
    I've never really been a blog reader though, except digiscrap ones. Oh, and there was that time I was addicted to tumblr (Supernatural TV show fandom) for awhile. Let's just forget about that, though! ;)

15. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

I have one and it is inactive. It's too much to keep up with. If you have a biz or something, then I think it's useful. I don't really follow too many blogs, but will check on scrapping ones. I'm like many of you and will visit and read an article or two if someone points me to something interesting ... or probably most common, I ended up there from Pinterest.

16. PLM

PLM I know there's something in the wake of your smile

Hmm, okay, I am much the same as you girls.
    As for now, it's Pinterest and former subscriptions to newsletter that guide me to a blog. Or some updates on facebook too.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2015