Black Friday

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by sharonb, Nov 26, 2022.

1. sharonb

sharonb Cher Memere

Did you go out and shop on Friday? I used to go out early and brave the crowds, but not anymore. It is also not fun to go alone and hey, Amazon has Cyber Monday. Just found some deals today! The T ball set I wanted for my grandson was half off!!! SCORE!

umyesh likes this.
  2. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I went to our little mall and got a BOGO sale on two robes and 2 pajamas, one for me and one for my daughter. I also got a coat I fell in love with (pink checkered tweed) for 40% off. I used to go to Washington (I'm in Canada) for black friday shopping but gave that up before covid. Now that we have moved to the interior and it is about 3-4 hrs to cross the border, so I won't be going there to shop anymore. Not worth it with the dollar exchange anyway.

3. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

No way, I never go out the day after Thanksgiving. But now that we can shop online, sometimes I take advantage of some sales. I bought some clothes and a little bit from the TLP store.

4. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

No I didn't go out at all yesterday. I have only gone out to shop on Black Friday once in my life. I did buy a few things online though because there was free shipping and half off deals.

5. sharonb

sharonb Cher Memere

@bcgal00 I don't blame you for not coming to the US. That is quite a drive, I agree.

6. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

7. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

When my kids were younger I used to love to go out on BF and get all their holiday gifts. Now any shopping I do tends to be online. My kids would rather have cash and gift cards, and the few real things they want often need to be ordered. Plus Thanksgiving has always been a 3-day family gathering for my extended family, and as our family has grown it has gotten harder to get away during it. This year I did some scrapbooking shopping for myself and ordered a few makeup and clothing items that my DD requested. There are a few things for my sons that I hope will go on sale for Cyber Monday, but no deals so far.

8. sharonb

sharonb Cher Memere

rach3975 likes this.
  9. G.J.

G.J. If I Could Turn Back Time

I shop online at nowadays, but when I was younger my sisters and I used to go out and buy some clothes, makeup and shoes, it was fun go shopping with them and then drink some special coffee together.

10. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

11. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

12. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I used to always go out shopping on Black Friday with my MIL. We'd get up SUPER early and have our list planned out for which stores we had to hit at what times to get the best sales. Lol. That was back when my kids were little and wanted toys. I used to get so many amazing deals on toys for them and my nephews! Now it's kind of a different ballgame with Black Friday. None of the store really seem to do much and they start sales in about October that just keep going until Christmas. Now I don't feel the urgency to go on Black Friday which is nice, but I miss going with my MIL and the fun of getting my shopping done all in one day. Although I also did a lot more impulse shopping then too.

bestcee likes this.
  13. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I used to go out Black Friday shopping. Now I don't because I just price watch all year long. I did go out to Target on Saturday and picked up some Black Friday Pj's that were still on sale. That was unexpected. I also grabbed an online Lego Store Black Friday deal, and a tool deal from Home Depot. That's it though for the weekend.

It's so true that once kids outgrow toys, it's harder to find the really good deals for their Christmas presents.

14. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I've never been a Black Friday shopper. I think maybe one time in my paper scrapping days I went out in the afternoon to Office Max or Office Depot to see if the Picturemate printer was still available that was on sale. It wasn't something that I absolutely had to have but if I could get it on sale, I would.... and I did.

On Thanksgiving 2009 I was looking online for luggage to see if I should go out the next day. I found what I wanted at Penneys and it was available to order that day online at the BF price. I bought and it was delivered on Saturday. That memory showed up in FB memories today! I think that was the last time I put up a big tree since I had something to put under it!