Bind it All

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by nativescrapper, Nov 10, 2011.

1. nativescrapper

nativescrapper nativescrapper

Since reading the thread of the smashbook :heartslub I got a crazy idea. lol. :giggle

I want to start back up my mimi albums. I use to use those little circle wire that hook together to hold my binders together, or even ribbons.
    (I have some little albums that I made using paper scrapping. But I really enjoyed making them and I really want to start that up again too :) )

I have always heard of Bind it All, but Im not sure if there are alot of different kind of Bind it ALL. Like does one machine do the wire coil and another machine that does the plastic, or could I use both with one machine?

Im going to start looking as soon as I finish posting this, but I thought it would be alot easier if you just pointed out to me and say....BUY THAT ONE :flirty

2. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

I have a Bind it All, but I don't know. LOL. I've had it for years (since it came out) and haven't used it much since I first got it, so I'm not sure what all it can do. I just have the wire coil ones. It cuts the holes and then I feed the wire in, so I guess you could do the same with plastic? I dunno. Assuming the holes on the plastic ones are the same size/distance apart...?

3. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

i don't know cheryl, but i've had my eye on a bind-it-all at hobby lobby or quite some time now. i think i woud love to have one of these too.

4. Patti

Patti CT4Val, Heather, Sabrina

I believe you can use both! Some of my friends have them and love them:)

5. nativescrapper

I saw a preview on one of the sites and its pretty simple to use :) I think this would be perfect for the smash book binding. You can get a couple of different sizes and also different colors of the metal spiral.
    DH thinks the plastic binding is not that good of an idea. He said the metal would last longer. So I agreed on that :)

I only found one kind of brand: Zutter looks like i might get a earlier Birthday Present :) (keeping my fingers crossed).
    this is how it looks

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 10, 2011
  6. aly321

aly321 aly321

Ok- I have the pink Bind it All like the one in your picture. It ONLY does wire binding. It is fairly simple to use, and I like it. HOWEVER... since I bought my bind it all, another company came out with a machine called the Cinch Binder which I am told does both wire binding and the plastic spiral binding. If I could justify buying a new one, I would go with the Cinch. It can punch more holes at once, so that is less math for me to do in my head to figure out the right number of holes for a project. :) I DO know that the Zutter wires and supplies work with the Cinch as well. Hope that helps. Let us know what you decide. :)

7. Cristina

Cristina Handmade with love, actually

I've heard good things of the Cinch as well. I don't own any binding machine; even though every now and then I think I would love to have one, I'm not sure I would put it to good use to justify the purchase...

8. Patti

Patti CT4Val, Heather, Sabrina

wish I would have had this mindset when I was buying ALL my paper supplies that are new, unused and have gone untouched, Cristina!

9. nativescrapper

I just went to You Tube and looked it up, it looks alot easier to use. I like the toughness to it. It looks like it would work really good for a big book too, :)
    I would just have to buy a variety of rings to see what thickness i would like to do for certain books. Im sold on this Cinch now:)
    Thank you!! Now just got to show it to DH ;)

10. gracielou

gracielou Well-Known Member

Joann.com has the cinch for 40% off right now. They and Hobby Lobby probably have them in their stores also and you can always print out coupons on their site. Hobby Lobby has a 40% off coupon right now.

11. bddots

bddots Member

I've been going back and forth between the Zutter and the Cinch for at least a year now. The Cinch looks easier to use on larger books but I like the size of the Zutter. I want one so bad!

12. nativescrapper

thats good to know...thank you!

13. Angie4b1g

This thread gives me a great idea, though. My 1st grader is suspended today (long long ADHD story), and I was trying to figure out what to do with him. Last night I gave him the idea of writing a book. Maybe I'll go dig up some chipboard and card stock and make a little book for him before he gets up.

14. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

what a great and productive idea!

15. interstitchal

interstitchal New Member

I have a Bind-It-All and I love it - I love creating little journals and calendars with it! I have the original blue version. In general it is really easy to use. The part that is the most difficult is figuring out how to punch the holes the way I want to line up on my project and continuing the repetition through all the pages. I usually practice on a blank piece of paper the size of my project before I punch the real thing. The result is a quite professional looking spiral binding and is very sturdy!

I don't have a Cinch although I have heard good things about it...but I have been so happy with my Bind-It-All that I haven't had an interest in doing research on other machines!

16. neenee

neenee No Woman No Cry

I really need one of these!! Maybe after Christmas though. I already filled up my Christmas wish list from Pinterest yesterday! ;)

17. Angie4b1g

I just kinda line the last 2 holes I just punched up with the marks on the machine and then try to shove it straight down. And I'm overlapping them. Seems to work out pretty well.

18. Cristina

You guys are such enablers!! And now that the Cinch is on sale it is so hard to resist!

I'm afraid you might have spoken too soon, Patti... :giggle

19. Nzingha

Nzingha Member

I've been eyeing up a cinch i think it would be cool Between the girls always wanting to be artsy and stuff.. it would be really easy to print off my LOs (probably 8x8 or 6x6) for little albums to family and bind it all up.

hrrmmm on sale you say?

20. Cristina

Ann, yes, at JoAnn's, it's on sale till tomorrow for Veterans Day.......