Best way to check for current product

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges 2018' started by suetr, Dec 30, 2017.

1. suetr

suetr Active Member

Hi all! Newbie here... I am going to organize my kits this weekend in Preparation to start Monday eeeeek!

What is the best way to see if the kits I have purchased are still for sale in the store? there are *ahem* quite a number of them.

Thanks!!

londoncuppa likes this.
  2. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

In the store, in the upper right, there is a search. Just type in the name of your kit and see if it pops up.

Neverland Scraps and cfile like this.
  3. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

@suetr Welcome to The Pad, Sue! Like Barbara said, there really isn't a fast way. You just have to search.

For me, since I link up my credits when I post my layout, I search for each item before I start and then leave the browser tabs open to copy the links when I'm ready to upload my layout into the gallery.

Hope that helps. So glad you're jumping in and playing along!

Sokee and cfile like this.
  4. fruitysuet

fruitysuet Well-Known Member

I've been here for years so my PC is full of TLP goodies. I made a little start today with checking items in the store. I did the collabs and four designers and got bored already! Sorry, wish there was a quicker way!

wenckechodan likes this.
  5. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

Many people like to use their visual order history as quick way to check as well.

Sokee, Angela Toucan and bestcee like this.
  6. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Am I correct that if a product is retired, it won't show in the visual history?

I was trying to check that, but everything in there is showing in the store. I know I have bought things that are retired, so that is the conclusion I'm hoping is true!

7. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

Good question, Courtney. Using the Visual History isn't efficient for me because I've got 95 pages, even at max results per page, so traditional searching is faster. I'd like to know the answer though.

cfile likes this.
  8. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

@suetr

If you need to know how to view your Visual Order History, navigate to the store. In the upper right you'll see some social media icons and a larger people icon. Click on the people icon and make sure you are logged in.

People Icon.JPG
    Once you are logged in, when you click on the people icon, you'll get a fly out menu that gives you some options. Click on VISUAL ORDER HISTORY.

Visual Order History.JPG

When you do that, items that you have ordered will appear. You can then do custom sorting.

Sorting.JPG

Chippi and bestcee like this.
  9. flowersgal

flowersgal I have big ears and wide arms

Cheryl, that's a really good tip and one I wasn't aware of. I'm going to give it a try now. In the meantime, I've determined to use the stuff I've bought this December (a ton of things with all the December deals) for as many of challenges as possible. This year (my first for MOC), I had to redo several pages because I had used kits by existing designers which were not for sale anymore or at TLP. Even got caught with a designer who retired Dec 31, 2016 -- ouch, just a bit too early! I persevered and did finish and qualify for the coupon but it was harder than it needed to be if I had checked everything first or known exactly how to do that.

bestcee likes this.
  10. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

I would suggest you do a high level check now for retired designers and mark their folders so you won't use them. Then wait to check individual products of current designers when you are going to use them. Once you decide which product you would like to use for the day's challenge, you could quickly check the store to see if it's available and if not, use a different product. That way you don't have to check thousands of kits, just the ones that you are most likely to use. HTH

Mylinn likes this.
  11. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

^^^This is what I do and for that same reason. I don't keep my kits organized by store or designer: I just have a KITS folder, so it'd be a lot of work to check everything. A LOT of work.

Good news is, once you check a kit for this MOC, then you won't have to check it again during MOC6. (The upcoming MOC.) You could even make a Notepad file in the kit's folder and copy/paste the kit's link into it. That way you'll know you checked it for this MOC, and next year you can copy/paste the link into your browser to easily check if it's still available for 2019's MOC7.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
    cinderella and keepscrappin like this.
  12. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

Now it hit me: you can create an internet shortcut with the kit's url. Just drag & drop the url from the address bar of your browser into the kit's folder.

jenn mccabe, bestcee, Rikki and 2 others like this.
  13. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

@cinderella an even easier way to keep it for later reference!

cinderella likes this.
  14. KairynLisa

KairynLisa Wouldn't make it as a fighter pilot

Sorry this confused me... you said "this MOC" and then "MOC6" and at the end of your post you even mention "MOC7"... I thought next month's (January 2018) MOC was MOC6? Am I missing something? Or did I just misunderstand what you were trying to say?

15. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I'm gonna guess Sara is just really excited for MOC!
    January 2018 is MOC6. I think what she's saying is: if you check a kit on January 4 for a challenge, you know it'll be good for the whole MOC since no one retires kits in January.
    And, if you make a note, then in 2019, you could copy and paste the link to see if the kit is still in store rather than searching by name.

Tree City and KairynLisa like this.
  16. KairynLisa

KairynLisa Wouldn't make it as a fighter pilot

Thanks Courtney! That totally makes sense now!

bestcee likes this.
  17. Rikki

Rikki Next I'm going to look up naughty limericks

That is a really good idea. The credit tracker I use lets you put links into the credits, but of course that doesn't mean that 2 years down the road, the kit is still in the shop. I'll definitely give this one a try.

cfile likes this.
  18. Neverland Scraps

Neverland Scraps Always trust, never doubt

can I say how much I LOVE that feature! <3

19. sbpoet

sbpoet Well-Known Member

Whoa! Thanks for this!

cinderella likes this.
  20. sbpoet

sbpoet Well-Known Member

And ... But ... since I don't actually "scrap" with kits, but collage with elements, I'm sure to hit a bump along the way here. Way too many kits per page to keep track of, though I'll give it a try.

EDITED: Except ... EXCEPT... [she bangs her head against the wall] I don't file by kit! I file by element. Of course.

But, since I am now on two CT's, I could at least do this there. It would simplify that tremendously. All I have to do is ... um ...

Last edited: Dec 31, 2017